Sign in to follow this  
Birch

Female healers

From this, the rate of transport of SP in the rapidly transported pool in the rabbit vagus nerve can be calculated to be 12 mm h−1 (280 mm day−1).

http://www.pnas.org/content/82/21/7449.full.pdf

Yes. Rapidly transported. 280 mm a day. And you say you "shoot" serotonin up your vagus nerve, at the screaming fast rate of 280 mm a day. Also the article seems to indicate the "flow" goes the other direction, out to the periphery of the nerve, not back towards the brain.

*deep breath* The nervous system can influence neurotransmitters at both ends of a nerve instantly. That's what nerves do. The effects you are feeling are not caused by neurotransmitters (or bacteria) painstakingly flowing backwards at a pace that would make molasses look like a mountain stream and they aren't caused by serotonin. The vagus nerve is triggering a release of dopamine in the brain, in the normal way that nerves cause neurotransmitters to be released in the brain, not through some sort of glorified slo-mo capillary action. And that dopamine is stimulating your amygdalas and hippocampi (campuses?), not your pineal gland. ARGH!

I don't deny that you are feeling something, certainly. You are doing something to your body. Just not in the particular medical terms you have for some reason settled on.

Witch serotonin is a neurohormone -- when it's in the cerebrospinal fluid it's a hormone -- when it's in the neurons it's a neurotransmitter.

We have huge amounts of serotonin in our lower body compared to our brain. There are studies about serotonin in the heart for example -- from the vagus nerve. The serotonin is not made in the heart but is transported via the blood, ACTIVATED BY THE VAGUS NERVE.

The same happens with the stomach and the brain -- so the model is like an Archimedes Screw -- the vagus nerve, through ionization ENABLES AND INCREASES THE SEROTONIN IN THE BRAIN FROM THE SEROTONIN IN THE STOMACH.

Yes. Rapidly transported. 280 mm a day. And you say you "shoot" serotonin up your vagus nerve, at the screaming fast rate of 280 mm a day. Also the article seems to indicate the "flow" goes the other direction, out to the periphery of the nerve, not back towards the brain.

*deep breath* The nervous system can influence neurotransmitters at both ends of a nerve instantly. That's what nerves do. The effects you are feeling are not caused by neurotransmitters (or bacteria) painstakingly flowing backwards at a pace that would make molasses look like a mountain stream and they aren't caused by serotonin. The vagus nerve is triggering a release of dopamine in the brain, in the normal way that nerves cause neurotransmitters to be released in the brain, not through some sort of glorified slo-mo capillary action. And that dopamine is stimulating your amygdalas and hippocampi (campuses?), not your pineal gland. ARGH!

I don't deny that you are feeling something, certainly. You are doing something to your body. Just not in the particular medical terms you have for some reason settled on.

Drew, I wrote a book on serotonin. I know that serotonin is a neurohormone and also occurs outside the brain.

Ask yourself when you are in this state--do I feel horny? If you do, then it's not serotonin.

I think a good meal, sex including ejaculation and a good night's sleep would work better, but a slap certainly is tempting! :lol:

I wanna try this Meera picture again.

One thing to do with a picture of a maybe-advanced being is to meditate on their picture. And by that, I mean to simply still your mind and gaze at the picture. Simply be.

This is not facial feature analysis. You're not "conjecturing things out based on appearances".

Just be still, and steadily gaze. Don't do anything, just be.

Sometimes the consciousness-vibe of that being will start to come through in stillness.

(Of course, people's experiences will vary, and that's fine.)

That's my suggestion for pictures like this. :)

mother-meera-fairfield3.jpg

Mother Meera

Well, from what I was reading in Drew's many posts, he often seemed to me to make a case for differences between men and women when it came to healing. One of the things he said (and Drew, correct me if I'm wrong) was that one of the difficulties or obstacles for women doing healing work was the emotional overexcitement they experienced (whether that is during it, as a cause or an effect isn't clarified for me yet).

It's not an assertion, it's a question. I'm not being ridiculous or nonsensical. Fine if you think my question is stupid.

So far I don't have enough clear information (beyond some interesting ideas) to have a clear understanding of what is actually going on when men or/and women heal people.

Do not let Drew's theories, as interesting as they are, confuse you. It is not whether you are a man or a woman but a matter of who you are. This means what your destiny is. In other words, how much energy did you bring with you to this dimension when you incarnated here. This is what determines if a person is going to be a good energy healer. The amount of energy they bring with them and their destiny (what they themselves chose as learning experience).

When I refer to energy healing I mean the manipulation of the very creative fabric of the universe on the quantum level (beyond space and time). Most who have this destiny have certainly been through the man/woman differences in incarnation many times already. In other words, you most likely have already lived a life as a man and as a woman many times before now. Now is the time to integrate all that memory into a whole; it takes all parts, the creative, the intuitive, and the DO part.

I just reread that post about "destiny" and it certainly posed a problem for me.

I feel I need to go away from this question for a while.

For all my questions, there are too many answers ;-)

Many of them with an agenda.

I do want to learn and I'm finding the attempt at learning an experience in and of itself.

Sign in to follow this