Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

When practicing FP, I found my sense of hearing would become super sensitive. Any noise, even those that were not particularly loud, would be jolting.

For example when practicing FP, even my wife doing dishes two rooms away sounded like loud clanging..... In reality she wasn't being loud, it was that my sense of hearing became somewhat super normal.

This was a few years ago. So I sent a PM to Sifu Terry asking him if it would be OK to practice FP wearing my Bose QC15 noise canceling headset, which blocks 90% of all outside noise. He said yes. Since then I have used my Bose headset quite often when practicing FP with excellent results, especially if I am expecting any noise. QC15's are pretty expensive, but if you are in a potentially noisy environment I can vouch for the fact that they do a great job of noise cancellation.

Over the past year, as Sifu Terry predicted, I lost that sensation of super sensitivity to sound when practicing FP, but the fact remains that a loud sound at close range is extremely disturbing when deep into a FP meditation. So I still often use the Bose because they eliminate the possibility that I will be bothered by noise.

HTH,

Lloyd

• Like 7

Over the past year, as Sifu Terry predicted, I lost that sensation of super sensitivity to sound when practicing FP, but the fact remains that a loud sound at close range is extremely disturbing when deep into a FP meditation. So I still often use the Bose because they eliminate the possibility that I will be bothered by noise.

HTH,

Lloyd

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Does this imply that the headset has changed the normal course of your FP development? I'm assuming that without the headset you wouldn't have lost the super sensitivity to sound sensation?

Hey alles - no, sorry for any confusion but your assumptions would not be correct.

The Bose only eliminate noise....the Flying Phoenix practice stands on its own as far as benefits and development.

And the gradual diminishing of the super audio sensitivity simply happens with time and practice; it is not related to the noise canceling headset.

Using the Bose headset would give no different results than practicing Flying Phoenix in a quiet, serene environment.

HTH... Lloyd

• Like 2

When it comes to these things i find it best to use a wise eye when looking at things like this.

Did GMDW say that fp was for healing? Yes. Did you have a one on one personal conversation with GMDW as a indoor student about the fp? No.

Yes fp can lead to health but so can regular meditation. So what are you doing with the fp? Then it must be that you are cultivating some type of energy for a specfic purpose.

Since fp has buddhist roots did anyone research blue light manifestation with actualy budhhist practices? Im going to say no.

As far as that goes this is what ive found.

This could be something. If you track vajrayana to and from emeishan you may find something.

Does fp lead to immortality? I dont see how it could not given the size of the system the results that practitioners gets and so on.

Below is some pics of emeishan for everyones enjoyment.

baoguo-monastery2.jpg

Baoguo081b.jpg

crouchingtiger01-1024x740.jpg

qingyin.jpg

Emei030.jpg

Emeishan-cloud-sea.jpg

Emei011.jpg

Its best to use an investigative eye when researching these things.

Just my 2 cents

PureTruth,

I just back-tracked and found your July 4 posting here. Somehow I missed it when I got back to the FP thread about a week ago--by not going far enough on the timeline--when my attention was called to uprooting weeds that had crept into garden.

Nice 2 cents. Always a good idea to study the history and spiritual history of Ehrmeishan as background to FP Qigong practice.

As stated earlier on this thread:

(a) Flying Phoenix Chi Kung is a Taoist art, created by Taoist monk Feng Tao Teh.

(b ) GM Doo Wai wrote out his name for me in five Chinese characters as such.

(c ) GMDW never described Flying Phoenix Qigong or any art under the Bok Fu Pai banner or "umbrella" as anything other than a Taoist art.

(d) GMDW made a surprising comment when I showed him the advanced neigung of the Tao Tan Pai system known as the Five Dragons. He said to me authoritatively, "Those are Buddhist meditations" and then explained that Tao Tan Pai was a Taoist-Buddhist syncretic tradition.

Take special note that Sifu Garry made of the fact that Ehrmeishan was first a Taoist center for hundreds of years before Buddhism started taking hold in the first century. And even though Feng Tao Teh created or "channeled in" the FPHHCM system during the time when Buddhism had been firmly established as the dominant religion at Ehrmeishan, he was a Taoist monk whose presence was also recorded at Wudangshan.

This could be something. If you track vajrayana to and from emeishan you may find something.

Does fp lead to immortality? I dont see how it could not given the size of the system the results that practitioners gets and so on.

***The attainment of "Immortality" is by any exercise alone, no matter how powerful.

How about a lifetime of Good Works and sacrifice that leads to a karma-less existence?

Below is some pics of emeishan for everyones enjoyment.

And nice pics of Ehrmeishan! Such a pleasure to replant such fruitful images here.

Thanks for posting.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Hey alles - no, sorry for any confusion but your assumptions would not be correct.

The Bose only eliminate noise....the Flying Phoenix practice stands on its own as far as benefits and development.

And the gradual diminishing of the super audio sensitivity simply happens with time and practice; it is not related to the noise canceling headset.

Using the Bose headset would give no different results than practicing Flying Phoenix in a quiet, serene environment.

HTH... Lloyd

Thanks for the clarification.

Just a quick note: After several weeks of daily Advanced seated meditation. I continue to have impressive experiences. My 'monkey' mind continues to quiet, concentration on breath improves outside disturbances seldom intrude, noise cancelling head sets not required! The practice is just always positive. My energy level is good, I can mostly keep up with my busy grandson (1-1/2 yr). It takes about 35 min to do this ASM (the 1st one).

I continue to do some Zhan Zhuang. Sessions between 30 and 55 minute. Three to four times a week.

The FPHH system has given a real boost to my 'spiritual' practice as well as Tai Chi ..

I am regularly recommending it to friends.

Peace

Edited by ridingtheox
  • Like 6

riding - thanks for posting your experiences.

I have also found the advanced seated meditations to be, well, very meditative. I have done different forms of meditation over the years, however my mind *naturally* becomes quieter doing the advanced seated Flying Phoenix vs. any other type of meditation that I have practiced. Some of my experiences have been quite profound.

As I have stated in some previous posts, I consider FP to be a spiritual practice.

Lloyd

• Like 2

Just a quick note: After several weeks of daily Advanced seated meditation. I continue to have impressive experiences. My 'monkey' mind continues to quiet, concentration on breath improves outside disturbances seldom intrude, noise cancelling head sets not required! The practice is just always positive. My energy level is good, I can mostly keep up with my busy grandson (1-1/2 yr). It takes about 35 min to do this ASM (the 1st one).

I continue to do some Zhan Zhuang. Sessions between 30 and 55 minute. Three to four times a week.

The FPHH system has given a real boost to my 'spiritual' practice as well as Tai Chi ..

I am regularly recommending it to friends.

Peace

Hi Charlie,

So glad to hear that your daily seated FP Practice over a couple of months has given a boost to your 'spiritual' practice. You've just proven to yourself and given testimony to the thread that this Qigong system lives up to its formidable name. As Sifu Garry started to point out, Fei Feng Sunn Gung means "Flying Phoenix Spiritual Achievement-Work-Mastery".

And, yes, FP Meditation will do away with all traces of the monkey-mind. For monkeys are not allowed in Heaven--except, of course, in the Chinese novel, "Monkey", aka, "Journey to the West"! (btw, the stage musical-popera by the same title is currently playing Lincoln Center [ http://monkeyjourneytothewest.com/ ] to sensationally mixed reviews):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/monkey-journey-west-theater-review-58239

Peace, out.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Hello!

I've started today new two weeks routine:

- Monk holding pearl 50 40 30 20 10 25min

- Wind above the clouds 50 40 30 25min

- MSW 1 90 50 40 30 10 7 reps (25min)

- MSW 2 50 40 30 10 7 reps (25min)

I have a question about MSW 2:

when finishing one repetition, we take some resting breathes before starting a new repetition. Are the hands in the earth med position, mudra in front of dantien, or are them resting on the knees?

I'm loving this practice!

Thanks a lot Sifu Terry and all the practitioners in this forum

Edited by pitisukha
  • Like 1

I will start soon with Undoing Yourself from Christopher Hyatt. Would FP interfere with it?

edit: Radical Undoing not Undoing Yourself.

Edited by malganis
  • Like 1

Google answered my question, it sounds like Zen. Since FP creates alpha waves, what is the need for also doing Zen? Zen was the first meditation I tried 40 yrs ago and soon found it to be a superficial, boring state of consciousness producing mainly just alpha waves at the most. But that was just my own experience and I quickly got rid of it to replace it with very deep Transcendental Meditation. With all do respect to Christopher Hyatt and other Zen people. But I do love the name Zen.

Edited by tao stillness

I will start soon with Undoing Yourself from Christopher Hyatt. Would FP interfere with it?

Unstructured/quiet seated meditation is a wonderful complement to FPCK practice. As long as you keep the practices separate/don't apply the principles of 'Undoing Yourself' to your Flying Phoenix practice. Until someone more knowledgeable answers in more detail, I hope this helps. Much success to you in your practice. :)

Not Zen meditation but a blend of Reichian therapy and tantra.

I'll write a short summary of a summary someone else wrote.

Our brain is made of 3 brains. ANS (automatic nervous system) also called reptilian brain. Then we have emotional brain and frontal lobe. The connections go from ANS to emotional brain and frontal lobe. But almost no connections go from frontal lobe ("you") to ANS. This means most if not all your actions and thoughts are simply reactions of the first two brains. You are at the mercy of your habitual neuron-physical reactions that you have developed since you were young and reacted (re-acted) all your life. Once a pathway was established however haphazardly, it was fired again and again making it permanent. And this process is very basic and usually centered around pain.

How it's done? By tensing and holding different muscle groups while relaxing the rest of the body, you are breaking the neuro-physical connections in the brain associated with whatever area you're working on. You're also training your body to feel relaxation and engaging the part of your brain that feel pleasure. After that you build connections back, only beneficial this time.

How is undoing like tantra? We bring up a little bit of the kundalini energy through the breath as we do the work. By tensing an area and bringing up a little kundalini and we are gently loosing the psycho/mental/physical tension of that area.

end of summary

So it's not just a simple meditation, this is why I'm asking.

• Like 1

Hello malganis

What can i say is FP does wonders on your frontal lobe. Pls read back my posts.

And, I too is an authentic practitioner of Tantra Yoga. FP enhance my Tantra meditation.

Edited by ShivaShakti

The Tingling also is from the breath percentage and its secret alchemical process together with the meditations be it seated & standing, static or moving. Just think some people it takes years for the 3rd eye activation in other arts whilst SYG & FP can be done very fast without visualisation or forcing and the beauty of it all is you dont need to know how it is happening if you do the breath percentages correctly. But I will say that the alchemical process of the breath percentages are very very freaking cool & even I have had some major break throughs in my research into all of this.

Well done guys, keep up the focus and FP practices...

Dao Bless

Sifu Hearfield

• Like 2

Hello malganis

What can i say is FP does wonders on your frontal lobe. Pls read back my posts.

And, I too is an authentic practitioner of Tantra Yoga. FP enhance my Tantra meditation.

That's great to hear. So you work with kundalini and FP helps with that?

The Tingling also is from the breath percentage and its secret alchemical process together with the meditations be it seated & standing, static or moving. Just think some people it takes years for the 3rd eye activation in other arts whilst SYG & FP can be done very fast without visualisation or forcing and the beauty of it all is you dont need to know how it is happening if you do the breath percentages correctly. But I will say that the alchemical process of the breath percentages are very very freaking cool & even I have had some major break throughs in my research into all of this.

Well done guys, keep up the focus and FP practices...

Dao Bless

Sifu Hearfield

Sifu Garry - thanks so much for your continual support and encouragement on this thread.

I still don't know "how it is happening", but I know for sure that it IS HAPPENING.

Agree from my own first hand experience this is a very, very cool form of qigong.

Sifu Terry,

I wanted to thank you for making the videos available, and for the wealth of information you provide in this forum. I haven't read through all 155 pages, but in time... :)

Also, I wanted to mention that I have been practicing volumes 1-3 for the last 6 months, and it has been a beautiful experience. Prior to FPCK, I was practicing MCO, the qigong workout series as taught by J.A. Johnson, and various other exercises and meditations. These involve a decent amount of mental activity, visualization, and focus. With FPCK, I pretty quickly realized that the exercises need to be done with a still mind, sans agenda. I still catch the intellect trying to sneak in and stir up trouble during practice, heh. But returning to stillness is quite something! Amazing flow of energy, increased sensitivity and intuition... especially when practiced in some secluded spot in the hills, out in nature :)

~Slava

• Like 4

Awesome video Sifu Garry! Like WOW!

I have never seen those strikes before.... very impressive power.

Thanks for posting.

Hehe thanks mate, just to show one move from our internal form called wind amongst the clouds and how Soong tahn Ging is used with relaxed power.

Hi Sihing Garry,

Very nice clip of relaxed springy energy. Very powerful. It's always a pleasure to take a break from Flying Phoenix and see a related Doo Family system done perfectly! I use similar method in BDG and in Tai Chi Chuan to cascade the springy energy downward and then straight-ahead on a horizontal line. The extra inflection point to redirect the geng forward from its downward path (at the bottom of the chan su jin/ diagram), for you Chen style practitioners) profoundly increases the compression of energy already at a high!

Best,

Sihing Terry

Edited by zen-bear