Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

And eventually my lost post here. About what I wanted to figure out here. There are authentic traditional schools with certain methods and scriptures. It is only map but based on experience of many practitioners. There are many diff methods. Not all of them lead to spirituality. Let's say spiritual reality is not so obvious (for me definitely). There are diff methods of cultivation:

The Yang Shen method and Yin Shen method of cultivation are somewhat harder to distinguish because they both incorporate Xin Gong and Ming Gong methods. However, the Yang Shen Dao leads to what the Classic of Chong and Lu describe as three levels of immortality while the Yin Shen Dao leads to abilities, paranormal powers, astral travel, etc, but ultimately the spirit remains earth bound and upon death becomes a ghost.

As zen-bear was talking of Tao Yin I wondered in this context. If someone is not aware of this - it is his or her personal karma.

Zen-bear did not want to elaborate it but would prefer to go for personal issues. I gave this link here before:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/6793-yin-spirit-yang-spirit-and-spirit-travel/

Good luck.

• Like 1

Ant, you are doing harm to yourself by continually disparaging those who are trying to help you (myself included, as you've accused me of trying to abuse you.). There are not only emotional barriers but also LANGUAGE barriers at work here. No one here has intentionally abused you. Your words are aggressive, whether you understand that or not. Please use discretion. FPCK, a very straightforward and down-to-earth system, doesn't seem to be what you're looking for presently. I hope you find something to meet your present state of mind, and I wish you well.

Edited by alleswasderfallist

Alles, I was not aggressive to anyone here. And I did not insult anyone here. As for FPCK straightforward and down-to-earth you should elaborate more. How you can estimate my state of mind, mate? You are going again to aggressive estimation of my state of mind. Do you like it so much to esteem me?

When I said of "abuse" that was many times when instead of going on topic about nature of this qigong some of you began to esteem my personality. Last episode with Zen Bear was very strange... But I realized he is busy man and does not want to waste time for forum. And I have so many questions.But this is life - people want to know what they do... No one is perfect.

I have had some good results from FPCK - more clarity, more calmness and so on..but it seems to be too soft and requires very good karma and previous experience. I will come back to it later when retired.

I had certain questions which I could not find answers here. I am not looking for shen cultivation system and health system. It should be only side effects of authentic practice. Did you read that thread btw? :)

At this stage I need ming+xing cultivation system.

Edited by Antares

Forgive me for asking something OT now:

Does anyone know of free software, preferably for mac osx, to save this entire FPCK thread?

Thank you Sifu Dunn, Sifu Garry, and Fu-doggy (Loyd) for your persistent giving of guidance to those of us pursuing FPCK practice. Your generosity in contributing so often is as much a testament to the grace of the FPCK practice as the tangible energy effects are.

I look forward to a deepening practice as I log in more months. Onward!

You're very welcome, bew. Thank you very much for your kind words. We are all looking forward to helping you further your practice of Flying Phoenix.

Sifu Terry

Antares,

Though I am not an expert, It is my understanding that taoists/buddhists/TCM do not have the same definition of spirit as we do in the west. I think the closest approximation in TCM, for example, would be the shen, which is also related to the heart and mind, but I do not think that it connotes the same qualities of immortality as the western term 'spirit' does. I believe that in TCM the spirit and body are much more INTEGRATED than they are from a Western perspective. From my own experience, I would say that FP definitely works on the mind, imparting a blissful, long lasting and penetrating calm to it, hitting the nexus where mind and body co-mingle. In regards to immortality, I cannot speak to it (yet : ) as it pertains to FP. Sifu Terry, if I am incorrect in what I've written, please feel free to correct me-

Hi Growant,

You are mixing up the spiritual traditions of Taoism and Buddhism with an energy-based but "spiritually-neutral" or "a-spiritual" medical tradition, TCM. Taoism and Buddhism have the same experience of spirit and the supramundane as western spiritual traditions and therefore have the same meaning of spirit as western esoteric spiritual traditions--but eastern exoteric doctrines may differ greatly from western religious doctrine. To understand clearly the religious and spiritual influence of china's religions on TCM, read the voluminous classic, Joseph Needham's "Science and Civilization in China". One area where there is substantial difference between eastern and western doctrines is with regards to reincarnation ( transmigration of the soul). Western religions that do not have a meditative vehicle do not have the experience of that reality and therefore no doctrine concerning it. Thus they have life and "afterlife" and so many theories and speculations about the latter.

"Shen" means spirit in Chinese, and more specifically a rising spirit as opposed to a sinking or earthbound spirit (kwei). Shen also means psychic awareness. e.g., Tao Tan Pai has specific Shen exercises to develop psychic awareness. To understand the meaning of "Shen" outside of one's FPCK or other meditative practice, read "Secret of the Golden Flower" by Cleary, and "Tibetan Yoga And Secret Doctrines" by W.Y. Evans-Wentz. They are required reading of all my martial arts students.

As I stated throughout the thread from the start, FP imparts health, longevity and higher consciousness by bringing all organ functions under the regulation of the subconscious mind. It thus affects the entire body including the mind because it works through the nervous system. Total mind-body integration--which occurs in a most blissful manner in FP meditation-- is a given.

"Immortality" is the same functional concept in both Buddhism and Taoism. It means liberation from the cycle of deaths and rebirths. Liberation from what the Buddhists call sangsara--the "round", the sorry-go-round as opposed to the merry-go-round, as Alan Watts put it. "Immortals" in Taoism more specifically refers to powerful saints (same as Boddhisattvas in Buddhism), liberated souls who don't have to but choose to reincarnate in order to help liberate all sentient beings. Taoist Immortals are imbued with divine magical powers. The Tao Tan Pai system is attributed to Lu Tung Pin, a real personage, who transcended to heaven after a lifetime of great works and is revered as the leader of the "Eight Immortals." Feng Tao Teh of Ehrmeishan, the founder of Bok Fu Pai and FP Qigong, Chen Xi-Yi of Huashan, the creator of Liu He Ba Fa, Tai Chi Ruler and other Yogas, and Chang San-Feng of Wudangshan, creator of Tai Chi Chuan, are all saintly sage figures in the Taoist tradition. In "western" religion, the miraculous works of saints and great prophets are chronicled throughout the Holy Bible and the Quran.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Isn't realizing the empty nature of awareness a goal in every spiritual path?
Isn't the give and take of the last posts, going in the opposite direction?

Defending what seems to be ourself and attacking what seems a separate self..

:blink:

And it just may be that this came about because one person is fighting within parts of himself and projecting that conflict onto others.

• Like 2

My guess is that since Sunn Gong translates as Heavenly Healing Method it suggests that people wanting better health used it. Where it comes from? If the title is literal, then it was channeled from a higher dimension to some highly evolved Taoist who healed others with this method.

Where is Heaven?

To be found when we transcend thoughts and feelings and the mind is still = shen.

The Kingdom of Heaven lies within.

Be still and know I am Tao.

Healing comes from Pure Consciousness, the Tao.

I was doing MSW #2 last night, having a very nice experience. About 4 repetitions in, a gunshot went off not too far from my house (I live in one of America's less safe cities.) Needless to say, this was quite a shock, and I ended the meditation. I can't do anything about controlling outside noises (especially gunshots), but I'm seriously contemplating keeping my window closed and possibly doing my MSW meditations only early mornings. This is the first time a gunshot has interrupted me, otherwise I think this would be a no-brainer. Anyone else have similar experiences (perhaps with barking dogs, if you're from a safer neck of the woods?)

I was doing MSW #2 last night, having a very nice experience. About 4 repetitions in, a gunshot went off not too far from my house (I live in one of America's less safe cities.) Needless to say, this was quite a shock, and I ended the meditation. I can't do anything about controlling outside noises (especially gunshots), but I'm seriously contemplating keeping my window closed and possibly doing my MSW meditations only early mornings. This is the first time a gunshot has interrupted me, otherwise I think this would be a no-brainer. Anyone else have similar experiences (perhaps with barking dogs, if you're from a safer neck of the woods?)

Alles, definitely close your windows. I wrote very early in the thread that all the FP Qigong exercises must be done in a quiet and secluded environment totally free from sudden physical contact/impact or loud noises or of course noxious smells. The FP Meditations especially the seated MSW meds. all highly sensitize the body so that all sensory input is amplified and felt more acutely through the nervous system. Just a telephone ring next to one can disturb one's internal energy. Too loud a sudden noise that causes a severe start or an unexpected physical impact can damage the subtle flows of internal energy. Everyone finds out for themselves in some way how much the FP Meditations sensitize the body and makes it vulnerable to concussive sounds and the like.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

:blink:

Pitisuhka, here is an alternative to your "observations" of the situation with which you are sugar-coating into fiction and unreality:

No. Flying Phoenix Qigong is a concentrative meditation, not insight meditation. As I stated, no doctrines, no dogma no beliefs whatsoever are necessary to open oneself to Wisdom of the Tao through Flying Phoenix Qigong practice.

Besides, the nature of awareness is always full. For if it's the Zen concept of "no mind" that you're referring to, No Mind functionally means being TOTALLY PRESENT and penetrating every moment--not absent-minded, lackadaisical. or seemingly deranged, although many great Chan and Zen personages would feign stupidity or insanity in order to disguise their true strengths and talents in order to be overlooked by tyrants or parasites. Only the beginner's mind needs to be "empty".

In the Taoist tradition as in many other spiritual traditions, one must first attain and perfect one's abilities and even attain one's ambitions before one has anything to renounce. Once the mind is fully experienced in truth and wisdom from "doing" (--i.e., the Buddhist 8-fold Path, the Way of Tao, or Castaneda's path of the warrior, ), then it will naturally turn into no-mind and proceed with not-doing, as the Tao Te Ching describes.

Mindfulness is the goal and it does not come easy. [As Christ also taught--hint: in the Book of Mary (Gnostic Scriptures)].

The give and take of the last posts is Sifu Garry's attempt to saw down a tree of ignorance.

No, defending Truth with the Vajra Sword, the Cutter of Doubts and Lies.

Sifu Terence Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Guest bew

@Alles - I actually had a tough time initially when the doorbell would ring while doing an FPCK med. Used to have a loud, jarring 'peal' noise for a doorbell and it would give a really unpleasant internal shock. Changed out the doorbell, and also time of day for doing meds to a time less likely to have a delivery left at the door so it's rare that the doorbell would ring now and if it does, it's not such a tough go. But back then, it felt remarkably unhealthy when it occurred so that I knew I had to do something.

• Like 3

Alles, definitely close your windows. I wrote very early in the thread that all the FP Qigong exercises must be done in a quiet and secluded environment totally free from sudden physical contact/impact or loud noises or of course noxious smells. The FP Meditations especially the seated MSW meds. all highly sensitize the body so that all sensory input is amplified and felt more acutely through the nervous system. Just a telephone ring next to one can disturb one's internal en energy. Too loud a sudden noise that causes a start or an unexpected physical impact can damage the subtle flows of internal energy. Everyone finds out for themselves in some way how much the FP MEditations sensitize the body and makes it vulnerable to concussive sounds and the like.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

Thanks for your help, Sifu. I'll keep the windows closed. Noise usually isn't a problem around here (I live in a gated community), but this one experience definitely let me 'find out for myself'.

Edited by alleswasderfallist

;) getting there

Yes, getting there.

Thanks again, Sihing Garry, for pointing out this actually terrifying fact inherent in the Chinese name of Flying Phoenix Qigong that provides ample retort to someone's hallucinogenic statement that "nobody on this thread cares about spirituality."

Sihing Terry

Pitisuhka, here is an alternative to your "observations" of the situation with which you are sugar-coating into fiction and unreality:

No. Flying Phoenix Qigong is a concentrative meditation, not insight meditation. As I stated, no doctrines, no dogma no beliefs whatsoever are necessary to open oneself to Wisdom of the Tao through Flying Phoenix Qigong practice.

Besides, the nature of awareness is always full. For if it's the Zen concept of "no mind" that you're referring to, No Mind functionally means being TOTALLY PRESENT. NOT lackadaisical. spaced out or seemingly deranged, although many great Chan and Zen personages would feign stupidity or insanity in order to disguise their true strengths and talents to be overlooked by tyrants or parasites. Only the beginner's mind needs to be "empty". Ah-hem.

In the Taoist tradition as in all spiritual traditions, one must first attain and perfect one's abilities and even attain one's ambitions before one has anything to renounce. Once it is full of truth and wisdom from "doing" (the Buddhist 8-fold Path, or Castaneda's path of the warrior, for example), then it will naturally turn into no-mind and proceed with not-doing, as the Tao Te Ching describes.

Mindfulness is the goal and it does not come easy. As Christ also taught int he Book of Mary (Gnostic Scriptures).

The give and take of the last posts is Sifu Garry's attempt to saw down a rotten tree of ignorance.

No, defending Truth with the Vajra Sword, the Cutter of Doubts and Lies.

Sifu Terence Dunn

I'm not trying to sugar-coat anything, I'm here to learn... :)

Thank for reply me

I've asked this questions because a lot of posts seems too personal to me, like insulting each others, and not about defending the Truth..

I don't understand the purpose of such behavior

I'm not talking about being lackadaisical. spaced out or seemingly deranged, infact I'm talking about being TOTALLY PRESENT vs LOST IN FALSE SELF

Please forgive my doubious use of english words if I've sounded like pointing the finger

• Like 1

As for noise. A few nights ago we had the loudest thunder storm that I have ever experienced and I was doing a stationary standing meditation when lighting seemed to have struck right outside of my ground floor windows with this loud thunder that made me instinctively jump out of the way as if a mortar shell had just exploded. I had ignored the teaching of qigong master who advised to not do chi kung during a rain storm.

:D

You reminded me of re-turn on my home phone!

Maybe earplugs can help in these events..

I've never used it anyway

There have been numerous occasions when I have taken a break from work and gone out to my car, in a busy parking lot, to practice Monk Holding Pearl. Frequently I would be disturbed by others slamming their car doors, talking loudly outside my car....It was very uncomfortable