Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Cihan, nice idea! ST says that the order of meds is how GMDW taught him but it is not must follow the same order. I have begun the short form of vol.3 and that' okey, I don't feel qri but I can manage the stance and it's actually good for training of smoothness of movements along with legs strengthening.

Yesterday talked to my friend again and he said it again that without asana and pranayama I can forget about high level benefits from any qigong. It took him 10 years to figure it out. Pranayam and asan is shortest way to purge the body and mind. Mine thinking to follow his advice and practice it along with basics of FP. I can do vol.3 short form plus BTB. Warm up, BTB, warm up for vol.3 and short form of vol.3. Once a day, or twice. Slow and steady. And yoga

And yes as somebody said above asana follows by pranayam. Only very basic pranayam can be practiced first half year. That's only the way I can see to smooth out the body and still the mind. Many sages used these methods. As for taoists let's see how they lived. In the mountains and in harmony with nature.

Hello Sifu Terry,

Your recent comments are well appreciated and of great value. I just want to say without going into detail that my medical intuitive has seen the channeled energy from above that you mentioned. He was testing the meditations from the set that some call the 690 AD meditations of GM Doo Wai family. Here is what he described:

Saw you completely filled with a beautiful white light that was blessing you and working on your brain. Balancing all the brain functions. Looked very powerful.

So it should be very helpful in accelerating your growth.

Hello Steve,

Thank you so very much for sharing this latest remote viewing by your medical intuitive. Just from reading what you posted, I instantly snapped into the brain-saturating, energizing state enveloped by the conical white light. Very powerful, very profound, and different from Higher States of Consciousness attained through FP Meditations, from other BFP Internal arts I practice, and from the Tao Tan Pai Neigung states--in terms of the portions of the brain activated. In other words, I experienced the unique healing Consciousness cultivated from your medical intuitive. Again, very, very powerful like the FP Qigong. I thus deem your feedback as quite a wonderful gift and reward-blessing that comes from teaching FP Qigong to people who are using the art wisely. Please give my regards, respects, and deep thanks to Eric.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Cihan, nice idea! ST says that the order of meds is how GMDW taught him but it is not must follow the same order. I have begun the short form of vol.3 and that' okey, I don't feel qri but I can manage the stance and it's actually good for training of smoothness of movements along with legs strengthening.

Yesterday talked to my friend again and he said it again that without asana and pranayama I can forget about high level benefits from any qigong. It took him 10 years to figure it out. Pranayam and asan is shortest way to purge the body and mind. Mine thinking to follow his advice and practice it along with basics of FP. I can do vol.3 short form plus BTB. Warm up, BTB, warm up for vol.3 and short form of vol.3. Once a day, or twice. Slow and steady. And yoga

Correct: As started a couple of times in the thread already, one can choose to practice the FP Qigong system in almost any order that one prefers--so long as one eventually covers all the FP meditations and then masters the Long Form Standing Med. on Vol.4.

I would agree with your friend in principle: without the Chinese equivalent counterparts to Indian asana and pranayama--i.e., the myriad of yogic postures contained in Kung Fu forms and the esoteric cultivation of breath power that comes from mastering Chinese Kung Fu Forms, attaining the high level benefits from any Qigong (with the exception of FP Qigong and probably SYG as well, as far as I know directly) is a very difficult proposition. To get the most out of high level Qigong systems such as FPCK in the shortest time, it certainly helps if one happens to be a high adept or master of Kung Fu. As I mentioned in the thread, everyone in the learning circle that I had formed around GM Doo Wai in 1990 in Los Angeles was already an instructor in some other form of kung -fu. Those who were not, "got it" a little slower than those who were.

But FP Qigong is unique in that its basic standing moving meditations can still get an absolute beginner with no Chinese martial arts or yogic arts experience to a masterful level in a relatively short time because it has a comprehensive set of kung-fu postures (equivalent of asanas) built into the standing moving meditations. GM Doo Wai talked in general that he could train someone in his internal arts to a high level of proficiency in six years.

If you take your friend's opinion to be absolutely true, there is still more than just the one solution that will enable one to benefit from high level qigong systems. And that is to master the equivalents of asana and pranayama--in any yogic tradition. It doesn't have to be Indian. It can be Tibetan, Persian, Amerindian, etc., or it can be Chinese kung fu or Chinese internal arts like Tai Chi Chuan. In this respect, if your friend/advisor means strictly Indian asana and pranayama, then would disagree with your friend's statement that "asana and pranayama are the shortest way to purge the body and the mind." Chinese martial and yogic arts do the same thing: purge and purify the spirit by integrating mind and body. You just have to put in the work over the many years.

Good luck with the training program and schedule that you've devised.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 3

Sifu Terry,

I may have caused some confusion about the medical intuitive's findings. This was not a recent one and the while light blessing was not from the Oneness Meditation. He was testing the GM Doo Wai family's chi kung series that was given to the Emperor's physician who was a member of the Wai family in 690 AD. I have this DVD which contains 9 standing moving meds demonstrated by GMDW but cannot be learned bc he does not break them down. But I do the second part of the DVD which consists of 4 standing static meds. I believe Eric was stating that he experiences the energy from these meds as having a celestial origin. This would make sense considering that GMDW calls it "heavenly healing".

In gratitude to Sifu Terry and Sifu Hearfield I want to share this from verse 64 of the Tao Te Ching:

"He guides men back to their own treasure.

and helps all things come to know

the truth they have forgotten

All this he does without a stir."

To me, this means an Awakened person functions from the Tao, or the state of least excitation of consciousness, the still point, the Absolute, Pure Being, the Transcendent, the Home of all the laws of Nature, Sat Chit Ananda, the vacuum state of quantum physics, Oneness, the Mother of 10,000 things, Samadhi, Nirvana. The formless Form. Movement in stillness.

"Be still and know That I Am".

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

This might clear up the confusion about what the medical intuitive is referring to about the blessing from the 690 AD meds:

mehl

Picture of Eric Isen

The light is the intelligence of the Divine and it is flowing through your nervous system, burning off stresses, cleaning the Nadis and opening the chakras.

Very beautiful.

Eric

On Apr 13, 2013, at 12:37 PM, steve

Hi Eric,
I was again thinking of your test results for the first Doo Wai dvd that i had you test earlier this week and you reported you saw this "beautiful white light blessing" me. Can tell me what that means? In what way does light bless someone?
Steve

• Like 1

The above explanation means to me that the meditations from the Wai lineage are aptly named, "Heavenly Healing" if the source of the energy is Divine Light and intelligence as the medical intuitive directly experienced while testing the meditations.

Just one more reason to be grateful about the uniqueness of this system of chi kung. This is not man made fluff. What a blessing to able to partake of this direct "transmission" from the Divine. And to me, that is the only transmission that really counts!

• Like 4

Sifu Terry, thanks for comments. I would agree with you completely but I have no serious experience in Chinese IMA. I used to practice TCC Chen Manching style for some couple of years (not every day) and iron shirt chikung under supervision of my sensei, And I would say that kind of pranayama in Iron Shirt chikung was very advanced and no one could even understand how to breath correctly there. And that stuff was half way traditional. The taichi form was different from what on your DVD. Only the first section is very much the same but further the sequence is different. Chikung had unknown origin and breath was very difficult to learn how to do it right. Even after two years it was difficult to get and I quit that sensei, I did not like much his MA style and could not get the breath. And no one else could get it. Indian type pranayam is easier to do and can be learned from book.

But I think it is working OTHER WAY than FP alchemy and thus there might be some another energy flow and mechanics. I was thinking of it last days and honestly I do not want to mix it. My friend said like he does not know what to do with that evolved Kundalini. And this is problem there! They do not know what to do with it. Bc they do from books not traditional stuff. FP might wotk another way.

t

But in Indian yoga for example some good pranayamas which purge energy channels and chakras. For example nauli kriya cleanses navel chakra, kapalabhati and bhastrika do navel and head chakras, naddi shodha with breath retention does side channels and brings prana into central channel and that's why it gets yogi to the calmness of mind. I have no clue what FP pranayama does. My friend doe not anything about BFP and certainly he can mistake about chikung, probably he just stumbled upon some watered down chikung from books.

I have been looking for last year among IMA what to practice next after I quit Aikido. Not much choice in place where I live. I learned two sections of taichi from your DVD and as it is very similar to what I learned before I got it rapidly from your DVD.

Also I wanted to practice Yan Style Taichi Chikung with Stuart Olson DVD. There is movements coordinated with breath. So I could do it with taichi form and plus FP stances. What would be your advice? You say that FP long form is better and more profound than taichi forms. What we can do along with FP to get more benefits from it? Thanks

I mentioned that there is no good kung fu teacher in the area. Probably later I can learn traditional Wing Chun, but not at the moment

The transmission is the DAO!!

FP Chow Mein isnt FP The answer is simple do one, do it without wanting, do it cause it feels right, freaking silly questions for nothing seriously...lmao How many FP dvds do u have Ant? If you have more than one that has a heap of meditations you have a brick that inside is gold.

• Like 1

I did pranayama and asanas daily for over 30 yrs until I dropped it when I learned chi kung. And I can tell you that pranayama and asanas have many benefits but that their main purpose was quieting the mind and body before meditation so that the meditation would be deeper. The Tao is found in stillness of mind and body. Asanas and pranayama are aides, they are not the path.

Garry, it was said that kung fu training akin to asana and pranayama and helps much with FP practice. I recall ST words here that FP without kung fu can give some side effects bc energy would not flow properly or smthing like that I can not recall. Why you find it freaking silly? It's what ST says and advice.

Tao, it what was said! It's not the path but it what quieting the mind and prepares for meditation (dhyana). My friend said that it is must do if one wants to benefit from qigong. First quiet the mind than qigong and not the other way around

Garry, it was said that kung fu training akin to asana and pranayama and helps much with FP practice. I recall ST words here that FP without kung fu can give some side effects bc energy would not flow properly or smthing like that I can not recall. Why you find it freaking silly? It's what ST says and advice.

A little history.

The system known in India as, Vajramukti, or “Clasped Hand of the Thunderbolt”, named as such because the training method was considered as powerful as a thunderbolt in its effects on practitioner’s personal and spiritual growth.

Vajramukti developed out of secret mental and physical practices that were designed to lead one to Samadhi, (or enlightenment, self-realization, nirvana, heaven – your choice).

Buddha taught the shaolin monks one complete nata and 2 pratimas of the Bodhisattva Vajramukti, namely the nata of Buddhist Lion Play School and 2 of its pratimas(shorter sequences). The nata was called Astadasavijaya which means 18 subduings. This practice was absorbed by the chinese and was called the Shiba Luohan Shou or the 18 hand movements of the immortals (Arahants). The chinese term xing served as a translation of both nata and pratima. The Shiba Luohan Shou was the most important buddhist nata/xing introduced into china. Which became knows as the Shaolin Szu school of martial arts or Quan Fa. Which translated into the 18 Buddha boxing methods. The 2 shorter pratimas or forms taught in this were the Asthimajja Parisuddi- which is a buddhist movement and respiratory yoga for tissue regeneration, catharsis, and karmic recognition. In chinese this became known as the Xisuijing. The second pratima was the Snavasjala Nidana Vijnpti which in chinese is called the Yijinjing which is a type of isometric exercises and meditations which builds vitlatiy and can change the health from poor to good. So basically meaning that the xisuijing and the yijinjing were 2 small energy practices of the larger vajramukti which was termed Quanfa in chinese and this spread during the tang dynasty(600-900A.D.) This gave birth to the 18 Luohan monk forms. In time the word xing began to mean mind body spirit relationship. Xing got shorted to the word sanchan meaning triple battle. This in time was changed to santi and the santi position was the position for cultivating xing. The santi position is a mudra from vajrmukti and this whole body position was known as Trilokavijayakayaashana meaning the postion of one who subdues the 3 realms. This position takes the shape of a vajra.

• Like 1

I think we should try to keep this thread on topic. We don't want newcomers who come here to learn about this system to have to sift through countless irrelevant posts on transmissions, initiations, and the like - all of which might give the wrong impression that this is some sort of hocus pocus. This was not Sifu Terry's focus in the videos, so let's not make it our focus here.

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't mastered the material currently available on the DVDs. Therefore, I do not feel inclined to question what is beyond this - it's just none of my business. What Sifu Terry does tell us and what he doesn't tell us is for our own good. Let's trust the wisdom of the masters to know what we need as beginners.

Distractions take us away from the experience of the Dao. We have a clear, concise way to follow the Dao. Let's do it.

• Like 4

Tao, it what was said! It's not the path but it what quieting the mind and prepares for meditation (dhyana). My friend said that it is must do if one wants to benefit from qigong. First quiet the mind than qigong and not the other way around

Antares,

In general, it is true that attaining mental quiescence and/or the one-pointed mental concentration will enable one to experience and enjoy the benefits of Qigong more readily.

But I am surmising from your general use of the term "Qigong", that your friend means a body of exercise systems that includes the low-level, diluted pedestrian systems and broken traditions that are nothing but random calisthenics coordinated with breathing cycle. In the case of so much of this broken, downstream detritus and flotsam that's being peddled these days as Qigong these days, which by themselves don't produce marked or notable results, authentic Indian pranayama would indeed activate and empower their practice!!!! --because these broken systems are quite lacking and crappy to begin with. So there it is, the hard truth.

However, in the case of a complete, authentic and powerful ancient Qigong system like Flying Phoenix--due to the sophisticated nature of its alchemy that the oral tradition tells as having been created by a Higher Intelligence--it can and will very, very easily induce mental quiescence and help perfect one-pointed mental focus, with integration of mind and body as a passive, natural side-effect in the beginning practitioner. The FP Chi Kung system is not lacking for anything. One does not have to practice outside asanas or develop pranayama in order to attain profound health benefits from FP Chi Kung. FP Chi Kung itself a complete and powerful form of Pranayama. If one is well practiced in Indian pranayama, then the effects of FP Chi Kung should be profound, blissful and advanced. Just like as I stated earlier, if one is accomplished in Kung Fu, Tai Chi or other Chinese internal martial arts, or any other authentic system of Qigong, one already has cultivated extended-expanded-breath-power (pranayama).

The proof that the basic level of FP Qigong has the equivalent effect of pranaymama--and more, so much more-- is the fact that almost every FP beginner sooner or later feels total body energization and rejuvenation. And recall the reports last fall on the thread by beginners of seeing their surroundings draped in gold light. And my and Sifu Garry's account that GM Doo Wai stated that just one--just one--of the Flying Phoenix or Sunn Yi Gung Meditations was enough to restore vital energy to others.

Just do Monk Holding Pearl in seated position on chair or in half lotus along with any of the stationary standing FP Meditations in Volume One. These Meditations alone will facilitate mindfulness--more than enough to "stop the world."

And certainly the basic FP moving meditations will induce it. For by performing the super-slow movements (approaching the speed of a shifting sand-dune), mental quiescence is attained through imperturbable concentration of the mind's eye on the moving hand or hands. When one attains the functional state of "seeing the world through the palms" in FP practice, the "world" is no longer the consensus reality.

So, if one feels that their Flying Phoenix Qigong practice is lacking or ineffectual, then one is (a) not practicing correctly, ( b ) is not practicing enough, or ( c) one's cup is too filled with the irrelevant.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

Sifu Terry,

I may have caused some confusion about the medical intuitive's findings. This was not a recent one and the while light blessing was not from the Oneness Meditation. He was testing the GM Doo Wai family's chi kung series that was given to the Emperor's physician who was a member of the Wai family in 690 AD. I have this DVD which contains 9 standing moving meds demonstrated by GMDW but cannot be learned bc he does not break them down. But I do the second part of the DVD which consists of 4 standing static meds. I believe Eric was stating that he experiences the energy from these meds as having a celestial origin. This would make sense considering that GMDW calls it "heavenly healing".

Hi Steve,

Regardless of when Eric did the reading on those 4 static meds. Your mere posting of his words was a point-of-contact through which his cultivated energy reached me in a most profound way. And I can still verify that each time I just look at your post, I experience a high energy state of consciousness just as powerful but qualitively different from the HSC's faciliated by any of the higher Chinese Yogas that I practice and teach.

So thanks to you again and please thank Eric for me for his timeless readings and supervision--in the truest sense of the word!

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hello Cihan,

I'm so glad to hear that you persevered for more than a year and recently found the correct way to practice Bending the Bows. It is the most important of the basic moving standing FP Meditations. Because I had about 11 years of Yang Tai Chi training before I started practicing FP Qigong in 1991, I distinctly remember that after doing about 10 rounds of BTB (at La Cienega Park in the center of L.A.), I was pleasantly stunned when I started to do the Yang Short Form of Cheng Man-Ching and the Form literally did itself. Every movement was effortless and frictionless throughout the first third of the form. Then i started thinking about the blissful frictionless state too much and of course it went away. Ah, attachment is a bitch. But all this is to say Congrats! Once you establish Bending the Bows, all the other moving standing FP Meditations are easier to do and have greater self-healing effect.

Please keep us informed of your progress in Turkey and new revelations with FP.

Best,

Sifu Terry

likewise, i was obsessed with BTB in the beginning. It has a somewhat "different" effect on me, but it was so tiring, i decided to drop it and study the long form instead.After a year, when i tried BTB again, it came in so easy i was shocked. it is a challenge now for you, because your body has not learnt the instictive correct standing posture in powersaving mode. maybe, you might want to do do some less challenging FPCK form for sometime, and return to BTB. I am far behind seeing any blue light, but especially BTB is my second really working meditation.It gives so much blissful pleasure that the slower i do it, i don't want to end it. But mine works with 1,5 shoulder width, probably i am on a side track, but who cares, i am transforming to a much better soul for my heart criteria, this is one of the best working teaching i can get so far away from the living Sifus.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Sifu Terry - I can attest to occasionally seeing a gold aura in the room as I conclude the practice of flying Phoenix meditations, i.e., after finishing a FP meditation, taking three deep breaths and opening my eyes.

I saw this "surroundings draped in gold light" effect again last week when I was in Tallahassee. And then again last night here in Orlando. Though the gold light was more faint last night, it was undeniably there.

I was not going to post this (at least not at this time) however since you mentioned it above I thought I would share this experience with the board.

Lloyd

• Like 4

Hi Lloyd,

I appreciate hearing your experience of gold light since that does go along with another testing from Eric the intuitive who was testing one of the GMDW dvds and he saw the meditations producing a gold light within me.

Just another confirmation that we really are dealing with celestial or heavenly energy when we are doing FP and SYG or any other method from the Doo family lineage.

Steve

• Like 2