Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Ok at this moment I am still high. I did all the Vol 2 meds, 3 warm ups and 3 MSW.

When I got into MSW # 2, on my 6th repetition period, I just suddenly remembered GM Doo Wai.. and the weird thing after I became aware of him, I was surprised to notice that I was involuntary "wildly" shaking. MY whole body was shaking, rocking and vibrating tremendously.

So connecting to GM Doo Wai can make your FP meds more powerful........

Edited by ShivaShakti

But what is the point of shaking?

Does prolonging time of each MSW really empower meds?

i decided to go for 100 days "retreat" too. I ll be doing next:

preporat. for standing about 20-30 mins (more time for the wuchi stance);

first three of standing meds for approx. 12, 20 and 12 = 45 mins

and 3 prep. for seated + MSW1 15 mins=30 mins; in total about 1 hour 40 mins couple times a day.

plus seated stillness meditations. not sure about retention but want to try it for qi rejuvenation :ph34r::)

Edited by Eugene

Also I want to ask Sifu Terry about food and drink recommendations. I am confused about diet recomend-s. Some people stand that raw food with small amount of protein is preferable, some another that animal protein such as fish grounds and balanced body. In tradit. chinese medicine many practitioners stand for the benefits of cooked food as it is digested better.

How long to wait after practice before taking meal?

What about coffee?

Could you clarify some of these issues here please

But what is the point of shaking?

Does prolonging time of each MSW really empower meds?

i decided to go for 100 days "retreat" too. I ll be doing next:

preporat. for standing about 20-30 mins (more time for the wuchi stance);

first three of standing meds for approx. 12, 20 and 12 = 45 mins

and 3 prep. for seated + MSW1 15 mins=30 mins; in total about 1 hour 40 mins couple times a day.

plus seated stillness meditations. not sure about retention but want to try it for qi rejuvenation :ph34r::)

well it simply tells me, that so much "involuntary" shaking means, there are lots of internal moving energy going on within my body...Because if not, I wouldn't shake a bit :) possibly unblocking my channels and energizing my body.

Yes 7 reps for MSW. And this 7 reps is taking me 30min up to 1 hour, depends.

It's not per say prolonging the empowers it. And I don't intend it to prolong for the sake of prolonging (honestly I want it to finish rightaway), but the idea is because I am fully aware of my every movements, very much engage in the process, that this this watching awareness of mine is "enjoying" the sensations, and don't mind the time is taking, or how long it will take and last. Again the idea is to be so engage and to be fully aware of my movements but I don't intend to just prolong it. You can basically say I am combining an awareness meditation with FP. But I am doing a little more than this simpler awareness med, as you can read some of my posts.

I don't suggest and don't want to confuse anyone to be fully aware with thier FP meds if they would not enjoy doing it. What's the point of it all, if that's the case? Anyway you can do the FP meds and just let your mind wander, or can think anything else (but not negatives), if you want it that way, FP meds will still be effective as it is. no lose or whatsoever.

Hope that clears up.

Edited by ShivaShakti

I ran across this in my stuff this and it was a reminder of my focus. Sometimes I forget. On the way to work I decided to post this.

It might seem a bit off topic at first however it is completely relevent to what we are doing here.

Twelve Point Synopsis of Abraham-Hicks’ Teachings
1. You are a Physical Extension of that which is Non-physical. All-That-Is, or God, is not finished and waiting for you to catch up. You are the leading edge of thought, here seeking more: more of all that feels good to you, more of that which is fresh and gloriously uplifting. (You are, in essence, bringing heaven to earth.) 2. You are here in this body because you chose to be here. You wanted the opportunity to experience this delicious contrast in time and space, and with great anticipation you came to co-create with other joy-seeking beings, to fine-tune the process of deliberate thought. (What, where, when and with whom are your choices, too.) 3. The basis of your life is Freedom; the purpose of your life is Joy. You are free to choose to discover new avenues for joy. In your joy you will grow, and in your joyous growth you will add to the growth experience of All-That-Is. (However, you are also free to choose bondage or pain.) 4. You are a creator; you create with your every thought. You often create by default, for you are getting what you are giving your attention to wanted or unwanted but you know by how it feels if what you are getting (creating) is what you are wanting or if it is not what you are wanting. (Where is your attention focused?) 5. Anything that you can imagine is yours to be or do or have. As you ask yourself why you want it, the essence of your desire is activated, and the Universe begins to bring it to you. The more intense your positive feelings, the faster it is coming to you. (It is as easy to create a castle as a button.) 6. You are choosing your creations as you are choosing your thoughts. Your loving, Inner Being offers guidance in the form of emotion. Entertain a wanted or unwanted thought and you feel a wanted or unwanted emotion. Choose to change the thought and you’ve changed the emotion and the creation. (Make more choices in every day.) 7. The Universe adores you; for it knows your broadest intentions. You have come to earth with great intentions, and the Universe constantly guides you on your chosen path. When you are feeling good, you are, in that moment, allowing more of that which you have intended from your broader perspective. (You are Spirit Incarnate.) 8. Relax into your natural Well-being. All is well. (Really it is!) The essence of all that you appreciate is constantly flowing into your reality. As you find more things to appreciate, your state of appreciation opens more avenues to more to feel appreciation for. (As you think you vibrate. As you vibrate you attract.) 9. You are a creator of thoughtways on your unique path of joy. No one can limit where you can direct your thought. There are no limits to your joyous journeys to experience. On the path to your happiness you will discover all that you want to be or do or have. (Allowing others their experiences allows you yours.) 10. Actions to be taken and money to be exchanged are by-products of your focus on joy. On your deliberately joyous journey your actions will be inspired, your resources will be abundant and you will know by the way you feel that you are fulfilling your reason for life. (Most have this one backwards, therefore most feel little joy in their actions or their possessions.) 11. You may appropriately depart your body without illness or pain. You need not attract illness or pain as an excuse to leave. Your natural state coming, remaining or leaving is that of health and of Well-being. (You are free to choose otherwise.) 12. You can not die; you are Everlasting Life. In grace, you may choose to relax and allow your gentle transition back into your Non-physical state of pure, positive Energy. Your natural state is that of Foreverness. (Have fun with all of this. Lighten up! You can’t get it wrong.) P.S. It is not necessary for even one other person to understand the Laws of the Universe or the processes that we are offering here in order for you to have a wonderful, happy, productive Life Experience for you are the attractor of your experience. Just you! All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications.
Visit the official Abraham site at: www.abraham-hicks.com/
Abraham-Hicks Publications P.O. Box 690070 San Antonio, TX 78269

Andy

I don't think you want to have coffee, frequently. Coffee isn't good for health. it will boost you but later on will rob your energy.

I do think you can still eat meat if you want too, but not so much, eat less meat. And have a more vegetables and fruits.Why less meat? in actuality we don't need that large meaty meal, if you tax yourself with so much meat, your progress will be slow as the body will always try to detox itself again and again.

But if your shooting for an enlightenment, vegetarian or vegan is most preferable. the idea here is you want your body as clean and energized as possible in order for you to be able to tune in to your higher self more efficiently.. then finally reuniting. In your path to enlightenment, you will instinctively feel, you desire to have a healthy diet and you will not need to force yourself.. to reach higher and higher consciousness. As you go along with this path, and you continue to meditate, you will have this growing desire to eat a healthy diet.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

But what is the pointof shaking?

Shaking is a way to release tension and trauma. Most animals do it naturally after a stressful encounter (with a predator, for instance). Humans seem to be out of touch with this instinctual reaction to stress.

Animals, though threatened routinely, are rarely traumatized because trauma is about the procedures the organism executes when exposed to overwhelming stress, threat and injury. In response to threat and injury, animals, including humans, execute biologically based, non-conscious action patterns that prepare them to meet the threat and defend themselves. Some animals freeze on the spot (opossum), while others flee (antelope), and still others will fight (bear). After the threat is over, the animal then releases this “survival” energy. We see this manifest in visible shaking and trembling. Once the animal has recovered its balance, it can resume its normal functioning. As one wildlife biologist noted, if an animal does not complete the process, it will not survive. It will die.

From Peter Levine, traumahealing.com

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 2

ShivaShakti, I mentioned fish, not meat at all. There is theory that fish does not have so much "stress hormone" and so it is much less toxic than meat. I have Max's Kunlun book here where it is stated that fish is very good for balancing and grounding.

In TCM there is theory that benefits of eating big amount of fruits and veg. are fiction and it is even harmful. Especially in cold period of year. Some people stand for th e benefits of raw food and another for cooked such as rice and grains and give advise to have very small amount of fruits and vegs. Latter theory is from book on TCM.

My 2 cents on food.

When I as doing the FP in 2009 (Vol 1 & Vol 2) my legs would burn doing the Vol 1. I never got past it.

I was eating animal products at that time.

July 2012 my wife and I started to eat vegan.

A couple of months later I went to the gym to pump some steel, which I had not done for a long time,

I thought I would very sore the next day.

Surprise!!! No lactic acid burn. No sore muscles.

When I started the FP again in Nov 2012

My legs would shake and just recently they stopped shaking but never burned not even the next day.

Surprise!!! No lactic acid burn. No sore muscles.

Dropped 15lbs and I am at 10-15% BMI

Muscle tone is good. Strength is good. Nice 6 pack.

If you eat animal products you produce lactic acid causing the muscle burn

I go to the Whole Foods food bar once or twice a week, they charge b the pound.

I end up with 2lbs + of food each time.

I can eat tons of food and not gain any weight.

My wife signed up with Dr Fuhrman and we get 3-4 vegan receipes a week.

She picks one or two to make each week.

From pizza to chocolate desserts. Good stuff.

I'm 62, look in my forties. Good genes but that is only about 30% of one's health. What you do with it is the other 70%

Since starting the FP again I get by on 6 hours sleep.

A little known fact about protein. You don't need much at all.

Mother milk is only about 4% protient. You would think the little guys would need a ton of it to grow but that is not true.

Now that you are grown you need even less.

We get our protien from beans.

Andy

Yeah, it is what i am thinking right now actually to go for grain (rice, oat, spelt) diet with milk and some fresh salads and only eggs out of animal proteins. Ive got big tub of raw plants protein powder supplement from health store and mix it with food. Question was about fish. I think we do not need much protein indeed. I am thinking to go for calories restriction diet - below 1800 cal per day or even 1500. Not to eat sweets and any processed food for 100 days and have a look how i will be getting on. (for me it is also money issue - i am on low budget now. but there is another issue too - health, so buy one and second free :) )

Eugene,

The reason my wife and I went Vegan is it is anti inflamitory.

All disease comes from inflamation.

Eating animal products creates inflamition in the body.

There are no calorie restructions when eating Vegan.

Why, there are very little calories in vegetables.

What you propose above will make you fat.

What do they feed cows to make them fat? Grains.

If caloric intake is restricted the body goes into famin mode and stores fat.

If you want to lose weight and get healthy, go vegan.

Research Dr. Fuhrman for more info.

Andy

• Like 1

Not sure if diet issue should be discussed here with such extension. But I will answer in short.

I have been eating animal products and grains for over 30 years and I am perfectly fit without any extra weight problem. One should do exercises almost every day. As for inflammation there are at least two meanings of this word in English. One physical and another describes emotions. I can agree with second meaning regarding harmless as it might be make mind more "gross" but as for phys. health please make sure you have no got this theory from vegan books, they like to write these theories. Actually there are no long lived persons among vegans. Body needs some animal proteins. Only may be high level yogis and taoist masters can stay healthy for a long period without animal food. And indian yogis drink milk and eat much rice as well as chinese masters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMbMJ9JFaY

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

Eugene,

When I said meat, I mean meat in general, and fiish by category is a meat too.

When I was body buliding before like Ruthless, I was a vegan and still my muscles was getting bigger.. but I felt lighter, you know what I mean..you would not get that feeling light when eating loads of meat. I did get my protien in mungbeans and peanuts, soymilk. fruits in general is a fuel, like sugar. green leafy vegetables are food of the brain and for tissue repair.

With all of this info going around the net, books and so on.. it will be too confusing what you would follow.. The best advice I could give is listen to your body.. take it slow, don't jump ahead. Through your practice FP, more and more, and by listening to your body you can discern what your body needs.

At one point you may find that "raw" diet is not for you.. because you can't digest certain sprouts, even if you juiced it.

At one point eating too much meat, you might feel something wrong with your body.

And so on

These examples you might go through.. so the trick is to always DO listen to your body. Listening to your body is experiential that which you cannot possibly learn in books

Even if, I believe FP will still work for you. However you will be best by listening to your body needs

Goodluck to your diet quest.

Edited by ShivaShakti

Hi ShivaShakti,

It was suggested to me to heat my neromuscular discomfort in my back in the morning and ice it at night.

We have heat packs and ice packs which I have been uning for 20 minutes of heat and ice.

You can exceed heat for more than 20 minutes but ice should stay at 20 minutes, no more.

My wife is a chiropractor and is real clear about icing times.

It seems to be helping a lot.

I am going to start the Vol 2 seated either tonight or first thing in the AM. I've been missing it.

You might want to try it and see if it helps you.

Andy

When I was body buliding before like Ruthless, I was a vegan and still my muscles was getting bigger.. but I felt lighter, you know what I mean..you would not get that feeling light when eating loads of meat.

I never talked about "loads of meat". If you read again I mentioned fish (i eat no more than 2 times a week), eggs (almost every day) and milk products (often). The man on video ate eggs almost every day. I do not believe to vegans who sell something. You have to wait and see how long they will live on their diet. That's all

These examples you might go through.. so the trick is to always DO listen to your body. Listening to your body isexperiential that which you cannot possibly learn in books

The problem is that I can eat absolutely everything and for my body all is the same. Only when I overeat or eat too much sweets I can feel sleepy or sluggishly. Difficult to know if it is my body telling me or my mind.

And yes all theories are very confusing. I wanted to know the diet best for qi development but I do not believe that vegan is the best

Edited by Eugene

Eugene,

Please do understand we gave ideas because "you were asking in the very first place" and have never pushed you to do it either. And we never tried to persuade you to eat vegan, fish-flesh or anything. It all depends upon your awareness development how much you can discern what's right for you. Because what is good for you now won't be good for you in the future. Time, Place, Person change.. or simply your "awareness" change for the better or for the worse. Another example is that; "true" breatharian beings from the future will surely not eat, even a vegan diet. So it all boils down how much awareness you have.

Yes, you're more interested about qi but we have given you ideas already. Though seems you have already made your mind about your own diet, before you even asked.

I do think this is my last post re diet and I don't intend to reply to this diet anymore. Because we are getting out of FP topic here.

Also because if you read back the thread here, they had already discussed diet and FP.

Edited by ShivaShakti

Hi ShivaShakti,

It was suggested to me to heat my neromuscular discomfort in my back in the morning and ice it at night.

We have heat packs and ice packs which I have been uning for 20 minutes of heat and ice.

You can exceed heat for more than 20 minutes but ice should stay at 20 minutes, no more.

My wife is a chiropractor and is real clear about icing times.

It seems to be helping a lot.

I am going to start the Vol 2 seated either tonight or first thing in the AM. I've been missing it.

You might want to try it and see if it helps you.

Andy

Hey thanks for trying to help Andy. That's good of you. Glad it is working for you and you can continue your FP practice. You're lucky to have a chiropractor wife and who is very supportive to both of your growth. Got to find myself one :)

My left shoulder pain is almost gone, and no annoying pain anymore. It feels fine but I do think and to be safe I need 1 more week, for me to say it is totally gone. And I could probably lift some weights then :) You're suggestion will be handy. who knows if I another pain shows up

I can truly feel my health is getting better. It wouldn't be too long now to be totally healthy, I can see it happening. Thanks to the wonderful Flying Phoenix

Edited by ShivaShakti

And one more benefit much that's more important than reversing gray hair.... Sifu mentioned the "washing the brain" sensation one experiences during the MSW meditations. I can tell you this is not a mere metaphor. There is a *very tangible increase in mental acuity* as a result of MSW meditations. This includes sharper mental clarity, stronger memory/recall and improved ability to assimilate detailed material. Very good stuff!

I can very much relate to this "washing the brain" thing. You feel very relax, you feel very focus, you feel you have power, mental sharpness, keen senses, it's just feels great. You feel like a million bucks, seems like you're a new person. And if you look in the mirror you'll notice to have penetrating eyes.

All of these I am experiencing, but just using vol 2. Doing 3 warm-ups plus MSW #1 and #2. And I can't wait finish my 100 days to start the advanced meds, that is if I ever feel my physical brain is ready for it.

I can very much relate to this "washing the brain" thing. You feel very relax, you feel very focus, you feel you have power, mental sharpness, keen senses, it's just feels great. You feel like a million bucks, seems like you're a new person. And if you look in the mirror you'll notice to have penetrating eyes.

All of these I am experiencing, but just using vol 2. Doing 3 warm-ups plus MSW #1 and #2. And I can't wait finish my 100 days to start the advanced meds, that is if I ever feel my physical brain is ready for it.

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for posting your confirmation of the positively mind-altering effects of the seated Monk Serves Meditations starting with Vol.2. I know that the mental acuity, total relaxation, and rejuvenated feeling (feel like a new person) you've been experiencing is authentic and real because your last observation was of your more penetrating eyes seen in a mirror. The clarity of the eyes and later intense energy emanating from the eyes is a sign of proper practice and mastery in all Qigong systems and well as paths of spiritual development. After meditating or teaching a nei-gung session, I recall that one of my old masters in the 70's as a courtesy would always look down at a student's or layperson's lower chest and abdominal area (instead of into his eyes) because his gaze after practicing was so intensely penetrating that it would put the person through "changes."

Your response to my description of a "washing in the brain" is not quite 100% confirmatory. That "washing" feeling inside the skull is a most literal description of the tangible effects of the MSW meditations. I don't necessarily expect you to have felt what I've described yet because the 3 preparatory meditations and the MSW #1 and #2 on Vol. 2 in your 100 day program do not necessarily induce that "washing inside the skull" experience...because by their design, the hands are not raised high enough (to and above head level) during the exercise pattern. But I also recall that you had posted in some detail that you experienced the hair-healing benefits of FP from doing the 2 advanced MSW meditations with breath sequences 80 70 50 20 and 70 50 20 10. Thus I know that you are quite close to that "washing" experience--if not already there, but perhaps have just not described it in terms that match the awe and excitement that other students have expressed over the sensation! :o:lol: By the time you complete your 100 days--and certainly whenever you get back to practicing those 2 advanced MSW meds. regularly again--I'm sure you'll be able to confirm for me the totally awesome but sublime feeling of the "washing inside the skull". It is absolutely unique throughout all the Chinese meditative arts.

You're on the right and very healthful path. There is also no limit as to how penetrating your eyes can become. Also take note of how people react to you whenever you enter a room after you've come from an FP practice session.

Best,

Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

OK these are some of my insights that I attributed to vol 2 MSW # 2. I called these, two major insights, because there were minor insights too, that I intend not to include in this posting.

As I have posted, doing 3 warm-ups plus MSW #1 and #2, brings me insigths. The moment I reach MSW # 2, the insights starts. I am having a lot of AHA moments lately. In fact last night I had a very profound insight.

There's an issue that I could never have resolved. It's about why good (fortunate) and bad (hardship) samskaras (karma) is being experienced by spiritual aspirants, why can't it be just be fortunate events... I thought that for some time. It said that sadhakas (spitual aspirants) burns samkaras hastily when pursuing the path of spiritual enlightenment, that good and bad shows up because you completing your evolution. That somehow I appertained and believed that bad karma as an act of punishment for my wrong doings in past/past lives. And this "bad karma = punishment" is mostly the masses believe into. Now my insights showed me how to think properly, the secret is in the belief system I have! The moment I realized it on a higher perpective (in the process of doing Vol 2,MSW #2) I was relieved and freed myself of this misconception bad karma belief.

Apparently bad samkaras are inevitable but there is a solution now for me :)

Also few days ago I have resolved the issue about forgiveness. Why and how the heck would you forgive someone who done you wrong.. I thought. Yes I know that not forgiving will cause you weakness and health problems, because of the anger/hate you keep storing in your body. This hate/anger is inharmonious to your body. Sedona method say "just drop it". How could I possibly drop the emotional anger, that someone who hurts me so badly, and say just forgive him/her! Hello! Are you out of your mind... I kept telling myself. Then when I was doing the MSW #2, an insight shows up, that I cannot possibly forgive if I am in ego conscioussness. That forgiveness is done in a higher state of consciousness. It's hard to understand how to forgive when your in ego consciousness. AHA! that's it I said.

These insights are healing me, mentally, emotionally, aside from of course the physical healing and rejuvination. Very inspiring to practice FP indeed. And I just got started like around a month, and getting positive changes already. "Proper practice" is the key.

Let this post inspire. :)

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

ShivaShakti - nice report! The practice of the Flying Phoenix and especially the Monk Serves Wine meditations do indeed bring about a deep state of mental calm. I am happy to read during the state of profound calm experienced during MSW practice, that you gained some very valuable insights. Sifu Terry refers to the MSW series as "meditations" because they indeed bring about a state of profound calm and clarity, which in turn may open a path to a state of higher consciousness. Again, nice post and keep the reports coming!!! Lloyd

• Like 1

re the long string of vegan chat ... i am 72 yr old grass fed beef rancher (recently retired). Eating low stress, gentle managed beef is good for you. NO excess just a harmonious balance. I care deeply for my animals, they are a part of the cosmos. I know and respect (to a degree) several local 'vegans.' But at my point in life and my choices to defend the land by careful grazing of cattle are in my view significant contributions to peace, balance and harmony of life. There is a tone of evangelical, fundamentalist to some vegans, not so much here, but in other encounters I have in my experience.

thank you

charlie

• Like 3

FPCH practice continues to contribute to my physical health and to my mental feeling of well being. The practice was briefly interrupted by a detached retina (post op one must lie prone face down for 2-3 weeks!) I am back on track now and continue to benefit from the breath, dan tien, movement of this system. Thanks so much for Sifu Terry Dunn's dvd's and guidence.

charlie