Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Hello Eugene,

My responses are interjected in bold italics below:

That's interesting. I still don't understand what I am practicing not regarding I have read almost all 100 pages here. As far as I understood this chikung is introductory practice to all other internal arts within Doo Wai family, and it is not based on the common theory for taoist alchemy of jing, chi and shen. I just trust that it is wonderful healing chikung and it harmonises energy (chi) and mind and can help any other taoist practice of internal alchemy. But I am still confused if we need something else on top of it for the complete spiritual development.

Yes, the FFHHCM system, once well-established and mastered, can work with any other Taoist system of internal alchemy. But "complete spiritual development" is not done by a yogic exercise alone--not even a powerful and complete healing Qigong art like Flying Phoenix alone is necessarily sufficient. "Complete spiritual development" means a life of spiritual victories in mastering oneself, then in combating ignorance and evil (per one's predilection, genetic talent and karma), and then sacrificing everything mundane for the life of Spirit and uplifting the human race towards enlightenment. Even if one is a Boddhisatva (returning Saint) and doesn't have to incarnate but chooses to do so, and is spiritually predestined and equipped to battle the dark forces of ignorance, one still has to fully serve humanity and complete whatever mission of aid-and-rescue-and-heal-and-empowerment he has assigned himself. And this supreme feat is normally--but not always--acomplished with the aid of a spiritual guide. The Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation system is complete and sufficient in itself to empower a dedicated healer to a full life of service.

There are many other arts in Doo Wai family which Sifu Terry and Garry kindly describe here on the forum. I asked them both few times about it but never got reply. I understand you both are very busy men and not always can reply for all queries. Sifu Terry kindly supports this thread for couple of years and he does really good explanation on FPHCMC and other Doo Wai family arts but I did not understand what is FPHCMC exactly and how it is complete if not to practice other GMDW arts and not having chance to meet Sifu Terry in person. I was very interested in GMDW arts and I have read Sifu Garry's threads where he promotes other GMDW arts and contacted him through email amd PM but have not got any reply. I just contimue my FPHCMC practice but recently wanted to shift for some another wushu art because there is very advanced neikung system within taoist neidan sect. But based on orthodox taoist theory of cultivation jing chi and shen (prenatal and postnatal), MCO and spiritual transformation.

Jing chi, Shen, MCO are not the only Taoist concepts and partial roadmaps to spiritual transformation. It's fine to try other Taoist arts as long as they are authentic and hopefully complete--and stewarded by a good master...and then come back to FPCK later. That's been the case of many subscribers/practitioners who have posted here.

May be it is the same system within GMDW system but I can not meet anybody from this lineage and I wonder if one needs to practice some another internal art on top of FPHCMC or it is very complete for itself.

--No, as I stated earlier in this thread, the FP Chi Kung and other internal arts of the Bok fu Pai family do not need to use jing chi, Shen, or MCO, or meridian theory to describe how it works. IT WORKS IMMEDIATELY--as most practitioners will attest to. Once you make it work for you, you can coin any language structure and model you want to describe the workings of FP Chi Kung.

Sifu Terry wrote that GMDW taught some another kung fu system along with FPHCMC at the beginning and more advanced martial neikung afterwards. OK, I know that FPHCMC is sort of level 1 and there are levels 2,3 and 4. Why are there so many levels? What is the level 2?

Why? I don't really know for certain because I didn't create the FPCK system. You'll have to ask Feng Tao Teh in High Heaven through meditative state (and I'm not kidding here). But based on my experience with several complete systems of Chinese internal energy arts (does not include Tai Chi Chuan, btw, for I am far from mastering that art), there are many levels to complete systems of Chi Kung because Chi Kung can have up to 4 types of benefits, at least: (1) health development, (2) development of healing power, (3) development of martial prowess, and (4) spiritual development.

Here again are Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditations #9 and #5 that posted about a month ago:

If you've practiced the Basic Level of FPCK, one should be able to tell how different and more sophisticated the Advanced FP Meditations are just by their choreography.

I hope this answers some of your questions. As for answering the unanswered ones, the key is to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Sifu Terry Dunn

But "complete spiritual development" is not done by a yogic exercise alone--not even a powerful and complete healing Qigong art like Flying Phoenix alone is necessarily sufficient. "Complete spiritual development" means a life of spiritual victories in mastering oneself, then in combating ignorance and evil (per one's predilection, genetic talent and karma), and then sacrificing everything mundane for the life of Spirit and uplifting the human race towards enlightenment. Even if one is a Boddhisatva (returning Saint) and doesn't have to incarnate but chooses to do so, and is spiritually predestined and equipped to battle the dark forces of ignorance, one still has to fully serve humanity and complete whatever mission of aid-and-rescue-and-heal-and-empowerment he has assigned himself. And this supreme feat is normally--but not always--acomplished with the aid of a spiritual guide.

Thanks. I was just talking about this with Sifu Garry in PM. You seem to be very spiritual person.

Ok, my scalp itchiness due to dandruffs seems gone. And I am experiencing heightened senses, more keen awareness--because of this, my music listening experience became "more" enjoyable. an analogy is like, "from like" to love", more love listening to music :) . I don't have a pain in my left shoulder but now I am experiencing one, not in the muscles but I think is neuro-muscular. This must be the long standing stressed, cause by a lot of playing and practicing guitar for 8-10 hours a day, that is unnoticed, or is being suppressed by my body.

Nowadays I can't practice FP for 4 hours straight due to the FP energy is becoming more intense, that I have been accumulating. I can feel my nerve/blood vessel in the neck area, "seemingly" can't handle the powerful energy flow. i can feel, it is expanding and throbbing, like what you see when a vocalist trying hard to sing a high note. I can literally feel it. So I now practice for just one hour straight. Then I plan to slowly raise to 4 hours again, when my body acclimatize more to FP energy. or spread the 4 hours within a day, if possible.

Also I am practicing celibacy (27-30 days now I think), so my jing and FP energy, adds up to my total internal energy, and is building and building. Though I have a lot of energy, will power and determination in fruition to them, but I am becoming irritable, angry trying to to tame my horniness. Thus I also practice Big Mind/Void meditation to control/balance/integrate all my energies.

Before I used to tantra meditate for 5 hours in total, a day, for spiritual mind expansion in my crown and third eye chakras. Though I notice more awareness, more empathy to others and animals, more peacefulness, and some "bizarre" things. But seemed looe all my worldly and physical desires, no goals to pursue anymore. The words "no attachment" in eastern yoga tradition, fits perfectly. Horniness too is more than tamed, "IF" this surplus (horniness) energy is fully utilized for spiritual mind expansion... then no energy left to feed the horniness that arises that overpower your will control. Thus I do this type of meditation once or twice, but depends. This works for me, but not stressing will work for others, especially for those non experienced. I have been mediating on and off since 1997.

----

On another note, few of here have "visitations" from the unknown. I did have one too.. two days ago. But this might not be all entirely to FP, but I do think it facilitates it (seems like FP help open more my psychic channels).As I have been trying to listen to Bashar, and by doing his meditations, some of his exercise.

Mine took place while I was wide awake and just relaxing in my bedroom. An image suddenly flashed into my mind, an extra terrestrial being.. an alien like appearance. But I did not pay attention, then another image popped up in my mind, that looks like a triangle construct...Again I did not pay attention. Then I soon to realized, and a little bit alarmed that my room seems not my room, or my room somewhat blended to another space or dimension, that I begun to pay attention. My conscious awareness tells me that I was like in a space ship or something similar, or I seem to instantly form and associate this idea because of the preliminary first image that flushed in my mind--an extra terrestrial. But it sure felt like my room changed and somewhat not so solid physical reality anymore. Then after a short observation my room felt like my room again.

The description of this alien, as I can still vividly see it in my mind, until now. He/she has white ash skin, big head and BIG eyes, small nose--seems like no bridge bone, a small mouth, seems like no ears. His/her surrounding background was bright, or lighted. My impression on his face was that he/she is sentient looking being and not aggressive in nature.. his/her eyes somewhat half closed, like seeing someone right after who had been into blissful meditation. Trying to notice, his/her eyes have more moist. eyes have black and white, (like ours) but I will say it again it's really BIG eyes.

The triangle construct, was somewhat like a triangle looking pyramid and it's overall color/appearance is black and textured material, somewhat a texture stranded, "ore" like surface. I cannot distinguished, if it is made of metal or stone, as I haven't seen this type of material before, even in movies. The surrounding background was black space.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

Jing Hei Sun "JING CHI SHEN" occurs when you practice consistently and honestly, its a natural development that happens inside the body and you can see this by how an art is created throughout the levels. Sitting & standing static meditations, sitting & standing moving meditations the answer is right in front of you. In the words of GMDW of the White Tiger System, sometimes "The simplest is the MOST profound"! ;)

• Like 3

Ginger is a yang herb that blast open the meridian,

Thanks for this Sifu Gary! I know ginger is very beneficial for health but don't know about this.

Today was the first time that I chewed/sucked ginger slices (very thin slices). I noticed right away an energy shift within me. somewhat I was pulsating and my breathing was more easy and light. Ginger stayed in my mouth, bitten by molar teeth, then when its juice taste diminished overtime, I chewed it a bit to squeeze/suck more its juice. I go on and on like this, that 1 slice took me like 20-30 minutes to fully consume and suck the juice out of it. until I shallowed it. I have had 4 ginger thin slices. Within this period I also noticed my mind was getting more clearer! Then I finally decided to have one more slice in my mouth and together do FP basic MSW.

So I tested ginger and FP together, and the results was, my FP meds became more intense and powerful again. for me that is ! :) I was involuntary shaking wildly again! (I said "again" since I thought my body seems to get used to the basic FP meds). Not only that, but I was perspiring, and it was the first time that this ever did happen, though FP still felt to have coolness energy. Also there was a liittle bit of tears in my eyes. No I was not crying or something, I just noticed tears in my eyes.

Ginger is for:

1) Yang builder

2) For smooth breathing (and other health benefits, lungs, spleen, digestive system, colds, flu)

3) Clearer mind (also, read online, that ginger can clear mental fog, and I have just proven it myself)

4) Intensify meditation

5) Blast open meridians

6) Dopamine increase! (say goodbye to your blues/depression, and be enthusiastic/motivated)

So from now on, I am a Ginger Sucker!!! :)

And thank you to all, who have brought up ginger to this thread

---------------

Warning don't read this if your eating!

Another to report but not related to ginger (so this before I took ginger). My bowel, stool seems in good condition, healthy stools. I mean that, my stools look like it was from a healthy kid... Do you remember when you where younger and what's your stools back then? and if you compared what yours looks like from now, its different. Don't let this confuse you at all, that I don't have a regular bowel movement, in fact I do every day, but what I am trying to convey here is the bowel/stool itself, the difference. I now have healthy stools, because of my sincere FP practice, 2-4 hours a day.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

In Bak Fu Sunn Yee Gong, GMDW taught me places to lay the ginger on to activate meridians, also a Ginger herbal oil!

Great post Shakti, this thread is really good, and please listen to Sifu Terry and follow his instructions to a T, he has been doing this system for a long time you cannot go wrong.

Sifu Garry

Thanks Sifu Gary!

Ginger is very powerful huh! that is only ginger what if it is the 5-herb combo! :) I am really surprised what ginger can do for my mind, health, and especially for my meditation is very invaluable tool! hope someday the herbs secrets can be revealed ;)

I read and observed Sifu Terry responses here, from page one upto 101 pages! I can say he his well composed, knowlegdeable, a characteristic of a fine teacher indeed. And because of his character he got my respect. I observed a lot based on what he said in this forum on his DVD,his guidelines and info on his site.

--------------

To FP fans, allow me to give my glimpse and experience. This might help you to incorporate FP on your spiritual realizations, that some of here is looking for.

. In a short time of my practice there are few realizations, that showed up how to amplify and do effectively, the FP (moving and non-moving) meds. Since the good thing about FP is that you can think of anything (not negatives though) . So what I realized to make my FP more powerful are:

1) I hold pause on a certain positions if I ever felt that I shake more on that certain positions/spots. As if the internal energy seems signal more loosening, unblocking. Somehow the movements are triggers or switches to releasing/circulating the internal energy to move more freely. Though I don't often do this anymore since, I feel lighter now, and my body felt more loose, not rigid.

2) I imagine blue light emanating from my whole bieng, and breathing in liquid blue light. This makes me more shake! Since FP cultivates blue energy why not help yourself to cultivate it more by visualizing blue light energy to make my FP meds more powerful, I thought.... So I did it, it does made a difference more vibrating and shaking . This blue light meditation came from Bashar, one of his meditation techniques to better your health. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl-28UGVeA4

3) I really pay attention to my movements and senstations, be in the now moment, be aware and feel as much as possible. I observe what's happening in me when doing FP meds. Higher Self meditation is actually being in the now, observing and connecting yourself from higher point of view. So I am combining Higher Self Meditation practice with FP meds. This really is a powerful combination, than just let your mind wander ramdonly. If you do this way, will unlock you, your true self will surface bit by bit, that is your Higher Self will be realized. When I do it this way, my mind from time to time was spiking from subconcious upto accessing my unconscious. my old memories were popping up (subconscious) and I seems I can access insights more (unconscious/higher mind) , I understand things more what's bugging or just want to understand things for the better.

If anyone wants to better understand, or just wants more info what Higher Self is
http://www.becomehigherself.com/ download the pdf, it's free.

When I read the PDF, that stated when your on your way to awakening, or becoming your Higher Self, you become more keen--notice more of yourself and surroundings, your body feels light, listening to music is more beautiful/lovely. These are some of the notions when your awekening that I am experiencing right now. But then again I experienced these before, not new to me. But the difference now since I practice FP, I seem to be more grounded. Though before my consiousness was more enhanced and expanded but I was spacy...not balanced. That's why I meditated on and off because of this imbalance. Now I think I can continue to awaken and still be balanced with the help of FP to ground and balance me.

On Vol 2: Because I pay so much observation of my every movements, my FP meds are taking too long.
MSW #1 is taking me 30 mintutes
MSW #2 is taking me 1 hour, (since there are lots of movements)
MSW #3 is 30 minutes
This is to give some of you an idea.

Take note I am still in FP basic meds. Don't want to jump rightaway into advanced meds.

All of what I said works for me wonderfully but again YMMV

Hope some of you find this post useful, especially those spiritual aspirants.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

by chance i am working on MSW 1-3 (have not really finished incorporation of #3 yet,, but expect to do so by next week) and use the Long form (vol. 4), daily 2 or more times. Moving and awareness of tan tien breathing, focusing as deeply as possible, and yet recognizing the intruding 'thinking' that occurs.

i hope to complete 100 days beginning Mar 1 when I will certainly have all MSW 1-3 incorporated, hence completing by Jn 13 this year.

oh yes I also use the short form advanced meditation almost daily.

peace to all who practice

• Like 1

by chance i am working on MSW 1-3 (have not really finished incorporation of #3 yet,, but expect to do so by next week) and use the Long form (vol. 4), daily 2 or more times.

But why not Vol. 1 ? Vol.4 is advanced form.

ridingtheox started with vol 4, infact. Since he is a longtime taichi quan pratitioner. He can handle the advanced FP energy even if. It's all here on this thread. it's worth to read the entire thread, because it will inspire anyone to practice FP more.

• Like 1

by chance i am working on MSW 1-3 (have not really finished incorporation of #3 yet,, but expect to do so by next week) and use the Long form (vol. 4), daily 2 or more times. Moving and awareness of tan tien breathing, focusing as deeply as possible, and yet recognizing the intruding 'thinking' that occurs.

i hope to complete 100 days beginning Mar 1 when I will certainly have all MSW 1-3 incorporated, hence completing by Jn 13 this year.

Cool! That would be a powerful FP energy you will build! keep us posted!

For me I am still enjoying with the basic meds. I am going for 100 days too. I have never missed a day doing FP since I started. Also I am shooting for 100 days celibacy too! All under control

• Like 1

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your update and progress report. Glad to hear that you are delving into the seated Flying Phoenix "Monk Serves Wine" meditations with the first 3. The seated meditations cultivate new and very prciese energy pathways in the upper body and head. Their practice expands sensitivity and conscious control over your internal energy. Each MSW meditation circulates the FP healing energy in a unique pattern. Along with he standing FP meditations, they add up to a complete system of meditation, energy cultivation and catalyst for spiritual illumination. But the first and most immediately accessible benefit is of course good health ,mental clarity and emotional calm.

I will post separately a report of my recent daily practice of 5 advanced MSW meditations in succession (in one session) for a week .

Best,

Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

ridingtheox started with vol 4, infact. Since he is a longtime taichi quan pratitioner. He can handle the advanced FP energy even if. It's all here on this thread. it's worth to read the entire thread, because it will inspire anyone to practice FP more.

Shiva Shakti,

Thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth. I am so happy that practitioners are closely reading this thread and understanding the very unique and far-ranging effects, applicability, and high "user-friendliness" of FP Qigong. Yes, FP Qigong complements the practice of any Chinese internal martial art such as Tai Chi. Ridingtheox was a 20+ year practitioner and also instructor of Tai Chi Chuan when he started FP Qigong. By background, instinct, and perhaps karma, Ridingtheox was able to benefit from the Advanced Standing Long meditation on Volume 4 immediately. His subsequent private lessons with me in L.A. confirmed for me that he was doing the Advanced Long Standing Meditation correctly. But I knew that beforehand given his description on this thread of the tangible benefits he had experienced. As I advised him on this thread and in person, it behooves one to eventually practice all the FP Qigong exercises presented in the DVD series--because they were created as a cohesive system. Everyone gravitates to different FP meditations that for some reason "blows their hair back". I've advised focussed practice of these "favorite" FP exercises by beginners in order to establish the first roots of the FP practice. Once mastered, practitioners should work through all the rest of the FP exercises to establish the entire Basic Level of the FP Qigong system. It is not necessary to practice the FP system in the order presented in the DVD series, but the order happens to be the order in which the FP exercises were taught to me by my teacher, GM Doo Wai. (This is a re-wroded repeat of previously posted instructions.)

Thanks again, Shiva Shakti.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hello FP Practitioners,

In response to Fu_dog's affirmative report a few pages back of noticeable age-reversal effect of seated MSW meditations (rejuvenation and re-coloration of gray hair), I practiced the from Feb. 9 to Feb. 18 four of the MSW meditations every night.

The advanced MSW Meds. that I practiced were:

80 70 50 20

70 50 20 10

50 20 10 ("the sleeper")

60 70 40 5

(all on Vol.7 of the CKFH series).

After the first four days of practice, I replaced last 60 70 40 5 MSW meditation with another MSW with breathing 50 60 80 10--that has not been published yet.

The first two listed above have been my favorites since I first learned them in the early 90's. I recall one night in 1993, I discovered exactly what Fu_Dog most recently discovered and reported on this thread: Just with practice of these 2 meditations, I felt thorough energy permeation of the torso and the head region, and experienced a physical sensation that I can only describe as a gentle "washing" of the brain. After I came out of meditation, I immediately and instinctively felt and knew that my hair had been revitalized. Back then, had a very tiny, localized cluster of gray hair on one side of my head. When I looked in the mirror after practicing the 80 70 50 20 and 70 50 20 10 MSW meditations and again when I awoke the next morning, I found no trace of gray whatsoever. Now, almost 20 years later, I have much more graying hair. But the amount of graying hair greatly decreased after 9 days of the above practice...I would say by a solid 30%.

As I stated a few days ago, I am waiting for reports from other practitioners doing at least 3 of the MSW Meditations in a session, for there are benefits other than aging-reversal/hair-recolorization.

Peace and rejuvenation to all FP practiioners.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Sifu Terry,

If I am understanding this, and I may not, that MSW are the most healing of the FP?

At present I am doing all of Vol 1 in the AM 5-10 minutes each of the 4.

I have laid off Vol 2. Doing Vol 2 I had a muscle in my back next to the right side of the spine near the kidney get irritated making it very hard to focus.

This as been going on of a few weeks.Not a major discomfort during the day but is very distracting during MSW.

If I do any seated I use a pillow as a back support so as not to irritate it further. Just enough to keep my back straight

and have some support on the sore area.

To heal up some old stuff, at 62 no grey hair, would it be better to start learning the Vol 7 MSW?

Sore heal for serveral months, tinnitus and that sort of thing.

I had thought of doing vol 1 & 2 for a year beofer moving to another vol. Maybe I should change now.

Andy

Thanks sifu Terry

My favorite is on VOL 2, MSW # 2 (50 40 30 10) . Somewhat it has releasing effect, also a little divine feeling. This med is almost the one the bring out my subconscious memories into my awareness. my unresolved issues. But also it brings me understanding how to think/process correctly the popping issues. As I stated I do this med very slow.. that is taking me 1 hour to complete 7 reps.

• Like 1

Again, I can vouch for the fact that the reversal of gray hair back to it's original color when practicing with a focus on 80 70 50 20 and 70 50 20 10 is very noticeable.....by your friends and family! That's a definite WOW factor that's quite tangible.

• Like 1

And one more benefit much that's more important than reversing gray hair.... Sifu mentioned the "washing the brain" sensation one experiences during the MSW meditations. I can tell you this is not a mere metaphor. There is a *very tangible increase in mental acuity* as a result of MSW meditations. This includes sharper mental clarity, stronger memory/recall and improved ability to assimilate detailed material. Very good stuff!

Hi Ruthless,

Ever since started doing FP vol 2, I too begun to have a pain in my left shoulder, in the muscles of my left clavicle. I think it's a neuro muscular, (not an ordinary muscle pain) and it feels "very" sore (not swollen though). yes its really irritating but I continue to practice FP. Now the pain I am noticing is subsiding. And it will be a month now ever since. but I practice FP almost 4 hours a day and the least would be 2 hours.

I think my nuero muscular connected to my clavicle is the result of me, playing/practicing guitar for 8-10 hours a day. On my time periods of playing, I knew my left shoulder was getting tired and being stressed out, but I kept ignoring it and continue to play guitar. this goes on and on for many years. Though no aching pain. And again when I started doing FP, this pain shows up, somehow telling me, I have physical issue to attend to and to heal it.

But that not just it. even before practicing FP:

Case 1) I have a gallstone problem I have three attacks in total but I don't go to any surgeon to remove it. and because of this I cannot breath deeply, there is an obstruction, a big area blockage in my right diaphragm area. If I force my breathing it will be painful

Case 2) I have a right nasal air passageway issue that is keeping me to breath on both nostril evenly, and mostly my breathing in the right nostril is restricted, that only a little air is being inhaled. There were times my left nostril is only functioning.

Case 3) I have a damaged lungs due to tuberculosis.

Despite all of this, health problems, I still able to manage practicing Flying Phoenix.

Now, you might think I am not being practical person by not going to a surgeon and don't want to remove my gallbladder, but in fact I am a logical/analytical and but also ask for guidance for solutions.

Case 1 (gallblader gallstones) almost more than a month ago, (just before I do started FP) I have had an attack. To solution this and not to get worse, that nowadays, when in bed to sleep, I always do lay on the left side. This is because if you look at the human anatomy, the gallbladder is at the right side of the body. And if your laying on the left side is the most appropriate, because the "gallbladder duct flow" where it is possible to pass the gallstone is under the help of gravity. But I also do hand tapping my right rib cage over the liver/gallbladder area, to loosen and help further the excretion of the gallstones. And now I am noticing a difference, I can now breath deeply, though I still feel I an obstruction, but I think it is getting better, just needs time. And when I do FP, I noticed too that I have from moment to moment of gas-burps..So I do think Flying Phoenix is helping

Case 2. I have it since 2001. I had caught a disease from someone, that at first I don't know what was happening to me, and there was a chance that I had gone to a doctor. She said I had a tuberculosis, :( not only that but my nasal passageway's affected too, that for a year I had had frequent spots of blood coming out of my nostrils. Taken antibiotics. Though the bleeding stop but what is left now is a seemingly permanent inflammation, or deformed tissue scar in my right nasal passageway, that is preventing and restricting my breathing like the way I used to be. When I do FP, I noticed that my right nostril is getting irritated, for me this is a good sign because I know it is getting stimulated for healing. But a sheer luck I found out that chewing ginger is mostly beneficial than drinking tea as I noted Sifu Terry told in this thread and Sifu Gary saying it blast open meridians. So I have been a sucker for raw ginger lately and I noticed my right nasal passageway is getting clearer! :) I say yes to that! Thank you to all who have discussed ginger in this thread.

Case 3) When I started doing FP, I noticed that my lungs aches. this must be healing crisis again. and guess what I no longer experience it , that which I attributed to FP and raw ginger together.

That's it I hope I have given you an encouragement

Take note, its only about month doing FP basic MSW, 4 hours a day mostly. But I do conserve my jing too.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

ShivaShakti

When you do Vol 2 MSW #2 is that the only one you do at that time?

Mostly I do all the preliminary meds, the 3 warm-ups then do MSW # 1 (7 reps), then lastly MSW # 2 (7 reps).

Doing the warm-ups is crucial as Sifu Terry said. They prepare and condition your channels that is to enable the MSW to be "more efficient" doing their job.

I do MSW # 3 unless I really wanted an energy boost. But also when my body signal me that I needed more energy. But there are times I do all 3 warmups and 3 MSW, straight in one sitting. back to back to back.

OK, This is how I do it for not to keep me lazy and to encourage me practicing. I sit in a chair, with VOL 2 in my laptop, I hit play button and just follow along with the warms ups. When Sifu Terry stop/end his warm-up med, I end it too. then when he do the 2nd warm up, I do it too and when he stop, I stop too. and so for the 3rd warm-up. But when I do the movements, I do it on my own pace, that is how slow is the movement is becoming and depends on me, and I do keep my eyes closed. Then either I do MSW # 2 (7 reps) or MSW # 1 (7 reps) . But I mostly do them together, # 1 then next is # 2.

Doing the 3 warm-ups is like 15 minutes, if you follow along SIfu Terry on the vol 2 DVD. if I do MSW # 1 more presently, meaning be fully aware of my every movements IN MY WHOLE BODY (i.e. internal and external), it will take me 30 minutes. Then MSW # 2 will take me 1 hour tops. All of this will take me around 2 hours. But this depends on you, YMMV. When I have another time on the same day, I do another round.

Hope that helps

--------

Someone may wonder why you should keep your eyes closed (and no noise to destruct you) ? The reason is keeping eyes closed bring you immediately to an alpha state of mind. In this state it helps to keep your body relax, and when you're relax the healing can mostly flow freely and to take place.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

ShivaShakti,

Thanks. I do all 5 standing (Vol 1) in one session that takes me about 30 to 45 minutes.

All 6 of Vol 2 takes me about 45-1 1/4 hr.

With all the talk of mixing MSW I get confused about what to do.

I will stay with my plan of doing Vol1 & 2 for a year before moving on to any other FP.

I started doing them again in November. I learned them back in 2009 but was not fully motivated to do them.

I had to push myself. This time I really like doing them.

As to my back discomfort it is clearly Neuromuscular. It was suggested to put a heat pack on in the AM and ice pack in the evening. I'll see how that works.

I put the heat pack on and then do Vol 1 #4 seated for 20-30 minutes then a little later do all 5 of the standnig.

I am looking forward to using my Christmas present again that my wife got me this year.

A samadhi bean bag meditation pillow and mat. It feels really good. I can sit half lotus on them for an hour + without discomfort. Excluding this small inconvience of the Neuromuscular thing.

Enjoy

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks Fu_dog :) can't wait to better my overall health and the next to do the advanced meds. I will go for my spiritual enlightenment that time. I needed my vehicle (body) to be in top condition (more than healthy) first for me able to smoothly reach my destination (awakening) :)

Becoming a fan of Flying Phoenix now

Edited by ShivaShakti

Ruthless,

Yes I read you're one of the first posters here. All of the contributors in this thread inspired me to take the path of FP than anything else. And that I give thanks to all of you. Though there were some qigongs I was considering before but glad I was led to FP. And I know better now... since the good thing about FP is I can incorporate and my spiritual meditations, I learned from various sources, that based on them, have formulated my own personal meditation that that "suits" me. Maybe I would learn another internal arts that compliments FP, maybe another arts of GM Doo Wai too.

I think you would benefit from chewing some ginger too. Ginger keeps you motivated to do things that is rewarding for you. Because ginger increases dopamine. Dopamine is somehow like a testosterone like effect. Whenever you feel like lazy, or somehow depressed.. it means you're dopamine is running out. also it clears mental fog and keeps your in enthusiastic mood too. All of this is what I am experiencing. Infact I am chewing ginger as I type all of this.

I, for years, was searching for a solution and have kept on wondering why is my motivation keep going up and down from time to time, or why do I keep on having up and down feelings from day to day. Doing my meditations back then, does the trick, some time it works though-out the whole day I have this good mood, but some time it doesn't. Why can't I stabilize myself to be in a good mood always? What is the practical solution. I kept thinking that way. I know my health is one of the reason for it. So I was looking too for a system to better my health, Then I found FP. Doing sufficient amount of FP meds keep me stabilized. But if I don't do sufficiently within a day, then I noticed a just small difference. And then I finally explored what ginger can do and EUREKA, I finally experienced a beneficial psychological impact (aside from health). Only few days of chewing ginger, but my mood is still stabilized, even though out this past few days. So FP and ginger is very beneficial for me.

I chew and consume ginger everyday, just a size of my thumb. just to give an idea

Edited by ShivaShakti