Old Man Contradiction

Why do you believe in qi?

How is this a stupid question?

There are no stupid questions. (There are, however, some questions that should not be asked. This was not one of those.)

Understanding how the polatities of Chi (yin & yang) effect our life is important.

Talk on!!!

Peace & Love!

I want to open an honest discussion.

Why do you believe in qi?

or why do you not believe in qi?

I do not believe in qi, nor do I believe that qi does not exist. I am unaccustomed to traditional theory, as well as unaccustomed to western science. I do know that there is a mastery level of the internal martial arts that is achievable without qi theory. So I am left inconclusive...

plz discuss

I could prove the exist of Qi with you, or at least 3 to 5 person since people are different in level of sensitivity .

yes in meaning of Chinese, direct translate in English, Qi is air. but , not, it is not meaning air or oxygen. it is kind of engry , but can not detectable by science, but it do can be detect by our body. it is an exist,

like soul , it is exist but can not detect by science, Qi is the food of soul.

I could prove the exist of Qi with you, or at least 3 to 5 person since people are different in level of sensitivity .

yes in meaning of Chinese, direct translate in English, Qi is air. but , not, it is not meaning air or oxygen. it is kind of engry , but can not detectable by science, but it do can be detect by our body. it is an exist,

That's a very good post. Too bad your mother language is not English. You have the base there for a really excellent proposition. (I like the translation of Qi = Breath better but that's just me because it signifies the breath of life.)

Peace & Love!

That's a very good post. Too bad your mother language is not English. You have the base there for a really excellent proposition. (I like the translation of Qi = Breath better but that's just me because it signifies the breath of life.)

Peace & Love!

in Tao Qigong, Breath is wind, Qi is be cooked, Dantian is Pot, and there is another important thing fire.

during cooking, always use big wind is not good. so do not always use strong deep breath, (as I replay one post ) only at sometime.

"Qi is the food of the soul."

Well said.

Your warning about always using "big wind" is very important. I used it too much in the beginning, a side effect of breathing exercises learned from trumpet playing, and got very hot. I could feel my chi flow a lot easier when I was overheating. Now that I'm cooler, I just have to relax and pay attention, and become as sensitive as possible.

Thank you, TianhuaQigong, for contributing. Your English is vastly more powerful than my Chinese.

Thank you, TianhuaQigong, for contributing. Your English is vastly more powerful than my Chinese.

I had to laugh. My command of the Chinese language is rated "zero".

Peace & Love!

"

I wish that I should work hard on English in high school.

now, my 8 years old daughter speak English, French, Chinese,

Good post.

I really like "Qi is the food of soul"

It is not a question of believing in chi to feel it , if you keep practicing eventually you will develope some sensitivity,this is what I have experienced.

When I do my tai chi I coordinate the breath with the movement's and at the same time visualise the energy moving around my body.

Taught this way,tai chi,will strengthen and heal the body,this is why it is called moving meditation.

sabretooth.

Looking back at this thread, I did a really poor job.

Energy is simple. My energy is changing, and so my life situation is changing. Energy is also very clear in a social atmosphere. Also, in my self, and outwards of my intention.

My original thought to start this thread, was less about qi, and more about the misuse of the idea of qi. This is commonly found with charlatans, but also just people that want a better life and/or are misinformed. I'm going to start a new thread with this in mind.

Looking back at this thread, I did a really poor job.

Energy is simple. My energy is changing, and so my life situation is changing. Energy is also very clear in a social atmosphere. Also, in my self, and outwards of my intention.

Well, I think you spoke very well to this point.

Peace & Love!

Greetings..

In China there is a tradition of freeing a captive bird, so there are many bird vendors.. a teacher was once asked 'what is Qi'.. the teacher went to a bird vendor nearby and came back with his hands behind his back.. he reached out with one hand and when he opened it a small bird flew away.. he said "Qi".. he held out the other hand, opend it and a dead bird just fell to the ground, he said, "no Qi".. good teacher, in my opinion..

Be well..

I can teach you a way to send Qi out. in 10 mins most people will got it.
Sure, just out of curiosity, let's hear it?