Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Nature the closest thing we have to chi.

Nature is the closest thing we have to chi. Nature can be felt with the 5 sences whereas chi can be felt and sometimes seen but the other sences to my knowlege do not know of it. If one can study nature and become like a certain animal/plant/ natural thing they can acheve what the want to acheve. From Asencion (stargate) to liberation. Anything is possible if you study nature.

Nature is the closest thing we have to chi. Nature can be felt with the 5 sences whereas chi can be felt and sometimes seen but the other sences to my knowlege do not know of it. If one can study nature and become like a certain animal/plant/ natural thing they can acheve what the want to acheve. From Asencion (stargate) to liberation. Anything is possible if you study nature.

Arent we part of nature? so can't we just act as ourselves?

If not then when did man leave nature and why?

Or was man made separate from it to begin with, if so why?

Is nature a force or simply a general term for all the forces that make what we call "life" happen?

And if evolution just happens when does life begin to have the privilege of ascension?

Do wild animals ascend since they follow nature from birth until death?

And by observing nature, what is the right part of it to observe? Animals (which animals cows? Tigers?) ? Elements? Plants? depending which you study you might have a different conclusions resulting in different practices, will they all lead to ascension?

sorry i have too many questions :P

Arent we part of nature? so can't we just act as ourselves?

If not then when did man leave nature and why?

Or was man made separate from it to begin with, if so why?

Is nature a force or simply a general term for all the forces that make what we call "life" happen?

And if evolution just happens when does life begin to have the privilege of ascension?

Do wild animals ascend since they follow nature from birth until death?

And by observing nature, what is the right part of it to observe? Animals (which animals cows? Tigers?) ? Elements? Plants? depending which you study you might have a different conclusions resulting in different practices, will they all lead to ascension?

sorry i have too many questions :P

We were part of nature then we got seperated but we can learn to go back to it. You can it just might take you longer to be in tune with nature.

We left sometime ago some of us are still in nature but not all of us. Because our ego hardened.

no

all the forces.

When we reach that state.

yes

You can observe any part of nature you like i prefer to observe animals. Yes they will all lead to where we are to go.

Hi Mewtwo,

Great subject and worthy of an extended discussion, I think.

I don't necessarily agree with the words you used to present the subject but I do agree with the thought that inspired the words.

Hey That Guy! Yes, you were full of questions. And all good and fair questions.

I will address your first two questions.

1. Arent we part of nature?

Absolutely "Yes!" Thing is though, as Mewtwo pointed out, many of us have forgotten this fact. There are many who believe that man is 'above' and something 'greater than' nature. This can be seen by the actions man takes in his efforts to manipulate nature. And while it is true that we can to some degree, in the end, nature is going to do what it has to do regardless of what we do and think about it.

2. so can't we just act as ourselves?

This, I think, is the essence of Taoist teachings; that we should live our life according to our 'true nature'. Of course, there are guidelines presented in Taoist literature that suggest what our 'true nature' really is because we have been taught many things during our lifetime and some of those things, I suggest, lead us away from our 'true nature' and this is why we have so many internal conflicts when we are interacting with our environment and other people and others aspects of the universe.

Okay people, come help me discuss this subject, Okay?

Happy Trails!

1. Arent we part of nature?

Absolutely "Yes!" Thing is though, as Mewtwo pointed out, many of us have forgotten this fact. There are many who believe that man is 'above' and something 'greater than' nature. This can be seen by the actions man takes in his efforts to manipulate nature. And while it is true that we can to some degree, in the end, nature is going to do what it has to do regardless of what we do and think about it.

2. so can't we just act as ourselves?

This, I think, is the essence of Taoist teachings; that we should live our life according to our 'true nature'. Of course, there are guidelines presented in Taoist literature that suggest what our 'true nature' really is because we have been taught many things during our lifetime and some of those things, I suggest, lead us away from our 'true nature' and this is why we have so many internal conflicts when we are interacting with our environment and other people and others aspects of the universe.

Okay people, come help me discuss this subject, Okay?

Happy Trails!

I agree completely with Marblehead. We are nature (we've just been fooled into believing otherwise by conditioning) and Wu Wei is simply acknowledging this fact and living accordingly.

If we were not nature, what could we possibly be?

It is a trick of awareness that makes us feel separate due to the nature of our physical and psychological makeup.

Nature/chi is all that exists when we die our phisical bodys become the land and you chi goes back into a great ocien of ch aka tao nirvana heaven what ever you call it.

Nature/chi is all that exists when we die our phisical bodys become the land and you chi goes back into a great ocien of ch aka tao nirvana heaven what ever you call it.

Yes, I think it was Bob, wasn't it?, who brought this to my attention in another thread. Our body dies and returns to nature to be reused and our Chi returns to the essence (of whatever we call it) for possible reuse.

We are indeed a part of the natural processes that all 'things' are subject to. We are no different, just slightly more evolved.

Peace & Love!

We are possibly a more denser matter of the primordial vibration, similar to a rock, or tree just a different make and model!!!

Strange. A friend of mine recently tried to qualify the things of the universe according to the vibration of the energy that composes the various things. I haven't heard from him on it recently so I guess he gave up the idea.

Peace & Love!

But the big question does god exist if so does chi equal god? What are your thoughts?

You talking to me? Hehehe.

First, I will state clearly that I do not hold to the concept of "god" as the term is generally used.

Many Taoists would say that the words "Tao" and "God" are synonymous.

However, to the word Chi first. In my understanding Chi is one of the two major aspects of Tao's process of manifesting itself. The other is the Mystery (potential everything). The interaction of Chi and Mystery create the Manifest.

So this would eliminate Chi being equal to the word "God" as it is an aspect of Tao.

Let's look at the last four lines of Chapter 25 of the TTC. First Henricks' translation:

17. Man models himself on the Earth;

18. The Earth models itself on Heaven;

19. Heaven models itself on the Way;

20. And the Way models itself on that which is so on its own.

So, "that which is so on its own" is the highest which would be "God" if we were to insist on using that word.

However, let's look at Wang's translation:

Man follows earth.

Earth follows heaven.

Heaven follows Tao.

Tao follows Tzujan.

So Tzujan is the highest. And what is Tzujan? Again from Wang:

Tzu-Jan is the primordial unperturbed process of self-development. Self-So. Spontaneity. Naturally so. With no apparent reason.

So Tzujan is not a noun (thing) but a verb (process). Nature, if you will. The nature of Tao. I think it would be a long shot to call nature "God". And it (Tzujan) could never be personified because it isn't even a 'thing'.

Peace & Love!

If we were not nature, what could we possibly be?

Sha' qi, gui, "white ghosts."

Of course these are also part of nature -- dead nature. The point is, if we understand "nature" as the cyclic self-replicating four-fold taoist cosmic process (Conception, Growth, Fruition, Consummation), we notice that most of our efforts as a "civilized" species skip over the first three stages and proceed directly to Consummation. And thence strive for more Consummation, and promise still more Consummation in the future, and progress in this manner consuming everything in our way and always setting the goal of consuming still more, and having reached it, setting a new consummation goal and consuming toward that.

However, Consummation is the last stage of the cosmic process, followed by death. Whether we will be reborn after we have consumed it all is a matter of some debate, but the fact remains that the whole idea of "progress" which is the cornerstone of "civilization" is utilizing only one phase of the natural cosmic process (aka nature) -- one-fourth thereof, and the last one-fourth immediately followed by death and dismantling at that.

So we are not only "part of nature," we can tell exactly WHICH part of nature we are. The last one-fourth of the cycle, immediately adjacent to death and tinged with its characteristics due to close proximity. (Flavor transference is a pretty common houtian qi phenomenon.) Processes that work this way, utilizing Consummation in a self-replicating loop that bypasses Conception, Growth and Fruition, are best described by an I Ching line: "it flares up, dies down, is thrown away."

Taoism was originally designed as the medicine whereby to treat this flare-up, this inflammation of Consummation.

What about other tradtions like buddhism and hinduism and jainism does chi = god in thouse traditions too?

Edited by mewtwo

Holy Durians Taomeow.. is there anything you don't know?!! :lol:

In the Far East, the Cantonese people would affectionately call their 'white' friends

Gwei Loh (Ghost Man), Gwei Tow (Ghost Head), Gwei Por (Ghost Woman), and

for kids, its Gwei Chai (Ghost Child). Any idea how this came about?

:D

Greetings..

We are nature.. beyond that, we form opinions about our place in, or our relationship with, nature, we confine our natural experience.. the easiest and most beneficial advice i have received and given is: Simplify.

Be well..

Greetings..

We are nature.. beyond that, we form opinions about our place in, or our relationship with, nature, we confine our natural experience.. the easiest and most beneficial advice i have received and given is: Simplify.

Be well..

Yes, simplify and be well.

Sign in to follow this