Marblehead

"Real" Happiness

Sounds like malarky to me. :blink:

Ok ok ok... My point is I think you have made the concept of happiness wayyyyy tooooo complicated. It's not complicated. It's extremely simple.

<_< .

Maybe you ought to investigate it further. I remember you wrote something while back about wanting to realize enlightenment. I don't see much sincerity or urgency here as accordingly. :P .

I'll clarify.

Happiness is *it*. There's nothing more. You can make it complicated, but that's not my game. So there's nothing to discuss. I'm not subscribed to this thread anymore so I won't see any replies.

All the Best.

Edited by 11:33

Well, I'm sad that I lost a viewer but life is that way sometimes.

Now where did Rene go off to? I will search for him so the story might continue.

I'll be back!

The Sage found Rene wandering in his garden admiring the beautiful flowers. "Ah, Rene," said the Sage. "What a beautiful garden!" "Thank you," replied Rene.

"So, Rene," continued the Sage. "What I seek from you is guidance as to how I am to insure a thing is real once I think I have found it. It is said that there is real happiness and there is delusional happiness and it is my understanding that delusional happiness can be destroyed by external events but real happiness is abiding regardless of external events. Would you agree with this?"

Rene, still walking and admiring the flowers and plants with the Sage following, replies, "Yes, I think that this would be a true statement."

"So," said the Sage. "As it was you who said 'I think, therefore I am' or something to that effect, please, if you can, very briefly, tell me the process you used in arriving at that conclusion so that I might use it to distinguish between the 'real' and the 'delusion'."

Rene continues walking and admiring the flowers, thinking but saying nothing.

Suddenly ...

happiness and unhappiness are both one thing. It is only separated by the illusion of time.

Underneath it all is abiding peace. Who you are.

Nice

"So," said the Sage. "As it was you who said 'I think, therefore I am' or something to that effect, please, if you can, very briefly, tell me the process you used in arriving at that conclusion so that I might use it to distinguish between the 'real' and the 'delusion'."

Rene continues walking and admiring the flowers, thinking but saying nothing.

Suddenly ...

What??????

Hehee. I nearly spilt my tea laughing.

Patience, My Friend, Patience.

Happy Trails!

All I can say that it is the slowest 'suddenly' I have ever experienced! :)

...is it suddenly the Spanish Inquisition entered the room?

All I can say that it is the slowest 'suddenly' I have ever experienced! :)

...is it suddenly the Spanish Inquisition entered the room?

Hehehe. Well, I could have said, "And just then, as if by magic ..."

Happy Trails!

... Suddenly Rene stopped dead in his tracks. The Sage, distracked while admiring the beautiful flowers walked right into him. "Excuse me," said the Sage. "What is it Rene?"

Rene replied, "I've got it! I know how you can distinguish between the delusional and what is real!"

"So please," replied the Sage. "Let us return to your room so that all the seekers may hear your guidance."

With that they turn around and walk toward the room.

... Suddenly Rene stopped dead in his tracks. The Sage, distracked while admiring the beautiful flowers walked right into him. "Excuse me," said the Sage. "What is it Rene?"

Rene replied, "I've got it! I know how you can distinguish between the delusional and what is real!"

"So please," replied the Sage. "Let us return to your room so that all the seekers may hear your guidance."

With that they turn around and walk toward the room.

"Oi! Wait for me," shouted the gardener, pushing his large wheelbarrow, "I may be a simple working man but I want the truth too you know!"

"Oi! Wait for me," shouted the gardener, pushing his large wheelbarrow, "I may be a simple working man but I want the truth too you know!"

Yea! Another seeker!

Happy Trails!

Rene turns to the gardener and says, "Pleace cut one rose and one tulip and bring them with you." The gardener parks his wheelbarrow and goes to gather the two flowers while Rene and the Sage return to the room to gather all the seekers for Rene's presentation.

"A rose and a tulip at the same time of year, what does he think I am, a magician?" muttered the gardener sulkily.

But even so he went the greenhouse and found remarkably that the very flowers had burst suddenly into bloom.

"Well knock me down with a shovel!" he exclaimed in surprise and set to and cut the flowers as requested.

After everyone was settled down in the room Rene stood up and said, "I once heard that there was a Taoist Sage of old, I think his name was Chuang Tzu, who said, 'If a man is unhappy because things loaned to him have been taken away then it is clear that when he thought he was happy he had lost his true self.' so I think that this might be a good way to test if your happiness is real or not."

Only silence was heard while all thought about what Rene had just said.