Encephalon

What's the story with the 5 Tibetan Rites?

Is this type of thing (The Tibetan 5 Rights) typical of energy cultivation and/or Kundalini wakening practices? I've been 'chomping at the bit' so to speak for some time now-waiting, and saving up to stat KAP classes. I've done standing meditation for a couple years, not very aggressively.

What I learned is nothing like the Tibetan 5 rights, if that link is accurate.

If I understand correctly I think KAP 2 teaches a turbo-charged version of the 5 Tibetans.

Serene Blue--

If you don't mind my asking, how much time per day/week do you practice the KAP stuff? From the results you describe in some threads (Kriyas, etc.) you seem to be getting some phenomenal results...way beyond anything I've ever gotten from standing the tree, etc.

Thanks all!

Nate-

Hmm...good question. My typical day is like this:

The stretches, Chi massages and Secret Smile (hands down the KAP exercise I am the worst at)

Belly breathing - I try to do it throughout the day. I'm trying to make it an unconscious habit. (FYI - Tao said one can practice belly breathing and Dantien cultivation in such a way as to eventually get a Buddha Belly if you want. A Buddha Belly can store a HUGE powerhouse of chi !).

Dantien Cultivation - I have to split this between Middle and Lower. IIRC, Men only have to work with the lower one.

Little Orbit (not in KAP but Tao didn't seem to have a problem with it so I take that as a thumbs up)

Microcosmic Orbit

Kan & Li

Neck rotations to unlock the Neck Gate (I need especially because of messed up back and neck from being hit by a drunk driver)

Listening to music Tao has linked to on YouTube that physically rumbles each chakra. Plus focused meditation on each Chakra - especially the first 3 as they're my weak points.

I understand within the next few weeks Tao's going to teach us something called 5 Point Breathing and that's supposed to go with listening to the music.

Every other day I also try to listen to Jonathan Goldman's Vocal Toning the Chakras. Very cool cd and I highly recommend it to anyone who has a similar problem to mine - chakras that are out of balance. I see it as a Westernized version of all that toning Tibetan monks are so famous for. Except Goldman just has you use simple vowels 'a,e,i,o,u'. to physically rumble each chakra. You then follow up with approximately 20 minutes of quiet meditation. It's non-religious and quite fun.

The preceding list I try to do every day no matter what. I'd say it takes maybe a little over 1 hour? Then I add in the other stuff (and good lord there's a TON of other stuff and we haven't finished the course!) throughout the day. Like last week was learning how to see Auras, the winds, plus ways to amplify feeling and seeing them, etc.

There are Elemental chi walks, macrocosmic orbit, skeletal shaking, mudras (but none that corresponded with my spontaneous ones. go figure...), Dr. Morris's Spider Stretch which specifically targets the Wind (Heart) chakra, Throat Void meditations, Basic Chi healing of someone else or yourself (I understand KAP 2 gets much more advanced with Chi healing), a Qi Gong exercise where Tao taught us to inhale and exhale Chi through certain points in our head - I think maybe he called it Crown Breathing? I think. I'll have to go check again. There's also another one that had to do with the 3rd Eye and it's a Qi Gong exercise that helps rejuvenate the Pineal and Pituitary Glands. When he can he always tries to teach a way to 'physicalize' or make tactile the exercise. KAP's is the first version of MCO I've ever encountered that starts you off feeling it tactily with your hands and using your legs and feet.

Oh...and something one of my spirit guides gave me as a supplement. For lack of a better term I call it the Smokestack Qi exercise and I did it a LOT. I imagine myself breathing in the purity of the universe (in my Inner Image View it always appears like sparkling, brilliant snowflakes of light) and send that to my root chakra. I then imagine breathing out a light grey mist. In my Inner Image View the grey mist eventually (to my surprise) changed colors on it's own. First bits of green and yellow appeared mixed in with the light grey, then finally it changed to a red-earth color - like the color Burnt Sienna if you're familiar with Artist's paints.

It must have worked (plus I have a sneaky suspicion Santi has been giving me a few extra Shaktipat 'juice' boosts here and there which I hear he does daily for his students). Last night I did the Chi/Aura diagnostic again and my root chakra has grown significantly. It used to be the size of my pinky fingernail. It's now larger than my water and fire chakras! I was so excited. It really had me on Cloud 9. :D

All that and we still aren't done learning everything. I hear KAP 2 is even more intense.

Next week we learn about Damo's Cave. Including extras that Dr. Morris did not include in his book.

There's already lots to pick and choose from. But I always tell myself "be the water drop that wears the mountain down". Although KAP 1 is not just a water drop, it's the downpouring rain. I suspect even a few KAP 1 techniques applied a lot throughout the day will produce rapid results. I can only imagine what it will produce in 3 years (the minimum amount of time Dr. Morris said was reasonable to expect permanently Awakened Kundalini and compared to the 10 - 30 years most people take 3 years looks mighty good)! :D

On my god, that's amazing, because I look EXACTLY like Him! Honestly, I stare at myself in the mirror all the time. The only difference is that I don't suffer the extreme patterns of underachievement that he suffers from, the poor guy. :lol:

:lol:

Edited by SereneBlue

I userd it fora while and noticed increased energy but haven't kept at it,I'm about to start again though.I combined the five rites with another longevity practice from kriya yoga called viparita karani.Karani is supposed to increase the life span and if practiced for hours, do away with wrinkles and gray hairs.It is a meditation more than an exercise.Having to do with focusing on the chakras and breathing patterns.To go deep you have to perform the meditation for hours,I only did it for 40-60 minutes a day but I could hear people whispering about how I looked younger.I'll post the routine later,becareful of descriptions on the net only advertising the physical aspect.What are your goals?
Please do!

legsupwall.jpg

Like...do you do it with your back flat on the floor, with a cushion, etc? And what's the proper energetic technique here?

Please do!

legsupwall.jpg

Like...do you do it with your back flat on the floor, with a cushion, etc? And what's the proper energetic technique here?

best way is to do it like shoulderstand but with hands on love handles/pelvis.

Well thank you kindly for the info, SereneBlue!

EverytimeI read about KAP and the great stuff people say about it, it makes me happy and excited. I'm SO close to having the $$$. THe harder part will be waiting until a level one weekend class starts, as I'm in school all week.

Thanks again!

Nate~

If I understand correctly I think KAP 2 teaches a turbo-charged version of the 5 Tibetans.

I understand within the next few weeks Tao's going to teach us something called 5 Point Breathing and that's supposed to go with listening to the music.

:)

The music will be for when Tao gives Shaktipat! The 5 point breathing will come before that, though. Also, as far as I'm aware, KAP does not cover the 5 Tibetans, though I know it was listed in the tantra course.

Way :)

Edited by Way

Well thank you kindly for the info, SereneBlue!

EverytimeI read about KAP and the great stuff people say about it, it makes me happy and excited. I'm SO close to having the $$$. THe harder part will be waiting until a level one weekend class starts, as I'm in school all week.

Thanks again!

Nate~

In the not to distant future this might turn into a KAP forum:) I am going to take it my self at some point I just feel like there are som other things I want to focus on first.

Last night I did the Chi/Aura diagnostic again and my root chakra has grown significantly. It used to be the size of my pinky fingernail. It's now larger than my water and fire chakras! I was so excited. It really had me on Cloud 9. :D
Very cool, how do you do that test?

Thanks Santi! And do you know why this pose supposedly is so powerful and anti-aging? Just curious...

Please do!

legsupwall.jpg

I just do it in bed sometimes twenty minutes spurts when I can.Feet elevated against the wall.

Energetic technique:Apply kechari mudra,inhale slowly from the manipura chakra to the vishshuni chakra.Exhale maintaining aweareness at the vishuni chakra.Inhale again from the manipura to the vishshuni chakra.IT is said in the yoga treatises that if a yogi practices this for three hours a day he conquers death.It is also said if one practices this daily for three months/three hours a day wrinkles on his face and gray hair disappear.

Benefits:It increases vitality,it preserves the subtle nectar that flows from the sahasrara chakra,so it rejuvenates and purifies the body.It sublimates sexual energy from the lower chakras to the higher.

The hata yoga Pradiipika refers to the kechari mudra as the greatest of all mudras and says one who perfects kechari mudra can overcome sleep,hunger,thrist,old age,disease, and death.

I just do it in bed sometimes twenty minutes spurts when I can.Feet elevated against the wall.

Energetic technique:Apply kechari mudra,inhale slowly from the manipura chakra to the vishshuni chakra.Exhale maintaining aweareness at the vishuni chakra.Inhale again from the manipura to the vishshuni chakra.IT is said in the yoga treatises that if a yogi practices this for three hours a day he conquers death.It is also said if one practices this daily for three months/three hours a day wrinkles on his face and gray hair disappear.

Benefits:It increases vitality,it preserves the subtle nectar that flows from the sahasrara chakra,so it rejuvenates and purifies the body.It sublimates sexual energy from the lower chakras to the higher.

The hata yoga Pradiipika refers to the kechari mudra as the greatest of all mudras and says one who perfects kechari mudra can overcome sleep,hunger,thrist,old age,disease, and death.

The problem with a lot of these old texts is it is often hard to know when they are just poetic and when they mean exactly what it says. A lot of the effects described from practices in the Hathta Yoga pradipika are not at all meant litterary. Interestingly people from India often see such statements differently from westerners. When a yogi whose name I now have forgotten claimed on tv that such and such pranayama conquered all sickness some of those watching when asked said they of course did not believe that and quite possibly neither did he. It was just his way of stating his faith in the practice. Very hard for a westerner to comprehend.

Also, as far as I'm aware, KAP does not cover the 5 Tibetans, though I know it was listed in the tantra course.

Oops! Pardon to Santi.

Very cool, how do you do that test?

If you can feel chi with your hands you could probably do it right now. Just start trying to feel an inch or two away from your body and see if notice anything different.

I found a site that teaches this Kechari Mudra. I've never heard of it before but it sounds interesting. I wonder if it will speed up and/or help some other way with my KAP exercises? :unsure:

I am getting curious about these 5 Tibetan exercises. I think maybe I'll start doing them.