Old Man Contradiction

Why do we disagree so much?

"Nothing in Life is certain except that death is never partial".

So? :huh:

Meaning NOTHING (not even what you believe to be Universal "rights and wrongs") is certain. 1+1=3 (or 1 depending on how you look at it....definitely not 2 though) when you put sperm and egg together.

I'm not going to argue since you're obviously saying that in a rhetorical sense.

NOTHING is absolute. There are no universal rights and wrongs. Everything is individual. Losing the "judgements" while Knowing yourSelf as the inner silent awareness will give you the freedom to realize this for yourself.

And er... why would I want that?

Poor Buddhists.

Poor us! :lol: Somehow personal conviction and looking down on others never convinces me.

Locked up in the Mystery, eternally 'infinite potentiality' but never manifesting. Kinda' like a chicken egg that never cracks open to give life. Oh well.

It's a shame you've boxed yourself into a static perspective.

Edited by nac

Poor us! :lol: Somehow personal conviction and looking down on others never convinces me.

Please don't feel I was looking down. I was only making fun. I sometimes make fun of myself for no other purpose than to cause someone to laugh or smile.

It's a shame you've boxed yourself into a static perspective.

Oh, my philosophy is very dynamic. I even change my mind now and then. Just watch, you'll see. (I actually agree with Buddhists more often than I disagree. I am just setting a standard at the moment so that my willingness to bend with the winds can be observed.)

Be well!

Edited by Marblehead

Please don't feel I was looking sown. I was only making fun. I sometimes make fun of myself for no other purpost than to cause someone to laugh or smile.

Be well!

Lets play marbles with your head!!! :lol::lol::lol: I'm sure it's been said before but I couldn't resist. ;)

Lets play marbles with your head!!! :lol::lol::lol: I'm sure it's been said before but I couldn't resist. ;)

Hehehe. Actually, no one has ever said it to me face to face.

Be well!

Awesome!!

Actually, I just started using that tag when I joined this forum. At the time I was listening to a music group called Seatrain that was formed in Marblehead, Mass. and I do have a lot of marbles in two display areas of one of my fish ponds.

Be well!

Why is that in a place where people are trying to grow beyond the suffering of mankind, there is so much arguing and defensive attitudes? It seems almost even more so than everywhere else. What do you think is going on? I'm about to stop visiting the TaoBums, not because I want to avoid other people acting like they know it all, but because I don't want to get caught up in me acting like I know it all. As a whole, we are kind of funny. :lol:

Irony is the gateway to higher planes of experience. :lol:

Well, I kinda enjoy disagreeing with Buddhists and watch how shook up they get. :)

Peace & Love!

Me too. Honest. :P

Irony is the gateway to higher planes of experience. :lol:

...and funny guys get to walk through first, always! :lol::lol:

Because we all have opinions and the mind uses the ego as a trampoline. Anyway look at little children's eyes: so pure and unconditioned, remember that deep down we are all like that. The trick is peeling off layers of mind and karma but the process is slow and very painful.

1257464032004632600.jpg

In my last retreat at the Thai Wat, the Westerners I met had those eyes after a 3 week Vipassana retreat, life force oozing from them :)

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Although the Buddhism/D.O. vs. everything else debates are getting a bit tiresome, the level of debate and controversy I've seen on this forum over the past three years is actually pretty mild. Several years ago I used to participate on several astral projection forums, and got into battles frequently, taking the side of a friend withmore psychic ability than myself.

Astral projecting into alternate fictional worlds, archangel channelings, arguments about psychic attacks vs positive thinking, my god, the battles never ended on the AP forums. I now deeply regret all that wasted time.

I've also seen much more nasty debates on other forums concerning Obama supporters vs detractors, feminists vs. men's rights activists, 9/11, the list goes on and on. Most people on here are quite civil in my experience. :)

Why is that in a place where people are trying to grow beyond the suffering of mankind, there is so much arguing and defensive attitudes? It seems almost even more so than everywhere else. What do you think is going on? I'm about to stop visiting the TaoBums, not because I want to avoid other people acting like they know it all, but because I don't want to get caught up in me acting like I know it all. As a whole, we are kind of funny. :lol:

Do not know... But I do agree with you!

I think it was Bruce Lee who said something to the effect of, "put a bunch of masters in a room together, and they will all agree. Put a bunch of students in a room together, and they will argue."

I found this post concerning differences in martial arts and thought it might be appropriate. Thanks SZ, I'll remember this one.