Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

New one finger chan master?

So i found a picture of a monk doing one finger chan, I thought the last person to do this was Venerable Hai Deng. Am I out of the one finger chan loop? have there been more people to do this since the passing of Venerable Hai Deng?

Anyways here is the link.

http://chinahistoryforum.com/lofiversion/index.php/t633.html

Here's a link to the video of the monk doing the one finger stand and going through some of the training. I really like the second standing posture.

Edited by bukejian

Here's a link to the video of the monk doing the one finger stand and going through some of the training. I really like the second standing posture.

Really fascinating stuff, thank you very much for posting this.

Also could anybody translate what is the guy saying, please.

Also very cool around 4:37 you can see a cellphone on the monks desk !

Now that's progressive !

So i found a picture of a monk doing one finger chan, I thought the last person to do this was Venerable Hai Deng. Am I out of the one finger chan loop? have there been more people to do this since the passing of Venerable Hai Deng?

Anyways here is the link.

http://chinahistoryforum.com/lofiversion/index.php/t633.html

Did you notice that the monk is using a pillar that allows him to grip the sides

of the pillar with his feet? A person with strong legs and feet could probably take

a lot of weight off their supporting finger by gripping the sides of the pillar with

their feet. You would still need a very strong finger though, no doubt. In the video

of Hai Deng doing that feat (yes, I know some say it was faked), he is just leaning

his feet against a wall. No chance for gripping with the feet there. That would appear

to me to be a more difficult way of doing it.

Best wishes from Iskote...

:)

This guy dose "two finger zen". But maybe the more impressive of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32InXIKwy-8

The link dose'nt work foe some reason. :huh: If you're interested, just key the words "two finger zen" into the search field, and that should get you there. Or "Shaolin Kung Fu/Wushu-Qi Gong-Two Finger Zen".

Bu

Edited by bukejian

Is it just me, or is 'one finger chan' a joke?

...You know, because there is no sound reason for calling it zen... and because they are only fools who look at the finger, (when it is pointing to the moon? you know, that old zen moral...)

While I will admit that this is a fantastic accomplishment I just cannot foresee any event in real life where I would need to balance my body on one finger. But I guess it is a valid venture learning this for someone who has little else to do in their life.

Be well!

While I will admit that this is a fantastic accomplishment I just cannot foresee any event in real life where I would need to balance my body on one finger. But I guess it is a valid venture learning this for someone who has little else to do in their life.

Be well!

I guess, I'm just one of those people with little else to do. But from a martial stand point, Any one who can support there full body weight on one or two fingers, has a couple of daggers for fingers, at there constant disposal. Also the circulation of chi has a positive effect on your health. and as a, great master once said. " when external limits are transcended, internal growth is spurted. But, one man's junk is another man's treasure, I suppose.

Bu

hi! I guess it belongs to yi jin jing training?

Is it just me, or is 'one finger chan' a joke?

...You know, because there is no sound reason for calling it zen... and because they are only fools who look at the finger, (when it is pointing to the moon? you know, that old zen moral...)

Sign in to follow this