Spirit Ape

Burning Palm System

Do you think it is possible to effectively learn the system from a book/dvd?. Would you consider putting on a workshop/ seminar to bolster the learning process?

Practible application, with others, is a must. Especially like the martial newbies like myself.

I can't imagine just going through the movments without a real person on the other end. Its feedback of the best kind!

Endless kata. That's what it is from the viewpoint of a newbie - I know of at least one guy who learned many movments, and alot of philosphy from books and dvd's, but crumbles when force is applied by an overenthusiastic me. :P

Hi Bum Grasshopper,

I defintely know your can learn from DVD and with the book which will also have step by step with breakdowns and all the information to back it up. Its te Honest time people really need to invest in anything in order to get good at it. Ive been teaching students through video correspondance from years and I can say I put the same information on DVD or Tapes (back then) that I would teach in a class. At one stage I had people learning my Kung fu system via video correspondance and the people then complained that it was WAY too much information for them to ingest (lol). These people where from other Kung Fu systems with years of experience!

Anyway im not trying to blow my own horn that is not what I do, but I truly put all I can into my Kung fu and when I teach I teach 150% I never hold back.

Bagua Kid,

Yes, the Burning Palm system contains Buddhist & Daoist arts thats why its such a awesome system, i uses very old practices of Sungazing and other elemental forces its very old arts. I absolutly love it connects you with the higher forces and not just yourself! :)

There is 10 standing moving meds some with static meditation (holding certain postures) to build and move Qi, there is then 8 Seated meds that are create a certain internal force that also uses striking bags and special devices to condition the anatomical weapons. All these Moving and static meds are for healing and fighting skills!

So you have 18 meditations that will develop and build upon the skills making a complete NEI GUNG system....:)

Hope this answers your questions!?

Thanks for everyone asking questions I am suprised I got any feedback, I was expecting the worst from posting it up.

Ill let you all know when im close to finishing Level 1 book and Dvd!

peace

Ape

Monkona,

Yes, I myself have been involved in fighting full contact for years, I also coompete in Judo I got 2nd and 3rd place in myin 2 weight catagories last november. I dont just teach the forms I teach how to fight using the forms dont worry you will see all the fighting skills with Burning Palms aka Imprint Palms you will also learn to heal yourself and possibly others using your energy and herbal medicines.

Regards

Ape

Agree, what do you consider a good price for a book and dvd package? It maybe put on Lulu my wife is doing the editing and all that stuff im I am not too good on that I just train my Kung Fu. :)

Ape

Hey,

Nope, wont be 100, you will end up with some pocket money that is for sure but looking at maybe 60-70 for the book and DVD as package.

regards

Ape

Hi Guys,

A couple of people have contacted me via email but for some reason my email wont let me send anything back, please contact me via Private message so I can return any messages or answers to questions.

kind regards

Ape

Why does it seem that every time someone sets out to teach something they have to add the "Secrets revealed!" "Never before seen!" bullshit to it? Is it some kind of fear of not making money on it? Or just to lull the sheep masses into brainlessness so they go out and buy another system they will probably never use.

Ding-ding. :) Someone is paying attention.

Bindo,

Thankyou, Ive done better demo's but anyway cheers for the nice words I may later do some fighting technique etc.

Ape

Im looking at around september or October for the Book and DVD to be released ill keep this thread alive from time to time to keep you all updated!

Spirit Ape

Interesting... Spirit Ape, could you make a demonstration of your Burning Palm skill?

Hi,

Since am most likely the only one on here (non-lurking) who has actually been hit (and kicked, locked, slammed and tapped out etc) by Spirit Ape, I should probably add something to the thread about my experiences with the Burning Palm methods taught in our school.

First about the issue of demonstrating these kinds of skills on video as requested by Smile. I don't know what people expect to see from such a demonstration but this is not a skill to produce red, palm shaped welts on peoples skin. If there is a welt from a full power strike, then it should actually be on the other side of the person and that is not healthy. The red, palm shaped welts that some people demonstrate online are, in my honest opinion, a very low level skill that most anyone can learn in a matter of minutes or less.

My suggestion really is to experience it first hand. Period.

Yes, I know, Spirit Ape lives in Australia but I travel there frequently to train with him so I know that it can be done. This way, you can ask (politely) for a medium intensity strike which will be enough to experience the effects.

I still remember the first time I visited Spirit Ape some years ago and was hit by him in this fashion. It was during our first training session, the day after my arrival and the object of the lesson was actually to teach me something entirely different regarding how to absorb strikes and the difference between "internal soft" and "external hard". Having spent many of my years leading up to that day in external Shaolin and Hakka type systems, I simply didn't understand at first and got taught a valuable lesson when his strike penetrated straight inside and wrecked a fair amount of havock.

I tried not to show too much pain and we kept on training for the rest of the day (and I got a few more nasty hits along the way). That evening when I took off my t-shirt most of my chest was already black. Not red, yellow or blue, it was pitch black and totally "stiff". The words "blood" and "clot" did surface a few times before I fell asleep.

The next morning I showed Spirit Ape my chest and I think he was a bit shocked himself, not realizing that he had hit me so hard the previous day, soft power is a bit devious that way sometimes. He put me on treatment with external jows and oils, internal medicines (some rather foul tasting ones I remember) and helped me with massage and chi gung healing. This was great since I learned alot about treating these kinds of injuries that day. Apart from helping me recover, it also enabled me to keep on training with intensity which was equally important since he lives quite far away from my home (roughly 32 hours in the air depending on connections).

As for the method itself, it really is one of the most complete internal regiments I've come across and I think it is awesome that it is finally about to be made public.

I think that the DVD will be a good way to get familiar with the training and get a foundation (I've seen some of the preview material, it rocks) but if there is enough interest then I am sure there will be opportunities to learn IRL via seminars and similar later on.

Best regards

HG

First about the issue of demonstrating these kinds of skills on video as requested by Smile. I don't know what people expect to see from such a demonstration but this is not a skill to produce red, palm shaped welts on peoples skin. If there is a welt from a full power strike, then it should actually be on the other side of the person and that is not healthy. The red, palm shaped welts that some people demonstrate online are, in my honest opinion, a very low level skill that most anyone can learn in a matter of minutes or less.
Sorry brother, nice save, but it's not as simple as that. In order to "see" the skill you have to have your "wisdom" eye opened. Very little to do with the outside bruises, welts, etc. A video would show the whole thing - words don't get there. Same goes for DimMak demos - if you can't see the energy flow, it's pointless.

BaguaKid,

You are most welcome.

Smile,

Did you even read my post before replying because you seem to have missed the part where I wrote "experience it first hand"? A video would only show the whole thing if the recipient is struck for real, personally I don't want others to get hurt for my simple viewing pleasure. As for the whole wisdom eye thing, I almost spewed my evening tea...lol.

Good night 'yall.

HG

Did you even read my post before replying because you seem to have missed the part where I wrote "experience it first hand"? A video would only show the whole thing if the recipient is struck for real, personally I don't want others to get hurt for my simple viewing pleasure. As for the whole wisdom eye thing, I almost spewed my evening tea...lol.

Hi HG,

Yes I read your post. I'm pretty sure Spirit Ape can demonstrate the Burning Palm. Otherwise it wouldn't be the Burning Palm. And I'm sorry you almost had an accident with your tea. You laugh because you don't understand the concept or just to be mean?

Hi Hup Gerk,

Hey brother, thanks for the kind words and you know what I think Smile is working off what LAMA MAX shows as his imprint palm or burning palm skills. Sorry Smile no can do with the Demo, what im teaching on DVD is the fighting skills, health and energy cultivation methods.

When I saw what happened to my best friend and student (hup gerk) I was kind of worried cause it wasnt normal and he was in alot of pain. I was told if done with full intent there is no cure, I didnt also realize I could do that much damage with the power of softness. My wife was so angry at me cause HupGerk was staying with me for a few weeks to study it and I kind of beat him up day 1.

I dont know if we took a pic of it or not, but I was very worried for the whole night and the stay of my mate after it went black.

Imprint palm has nothing to do with Dim Mak or points either but that can be added if need be. Can I do what I did again I dont know, can I strike hard using softness very well, im not interested in hitting people to see if it works I know it works I didnt expect it to cause that much injury from such a basic strike.

Hup Gerk is my representitive in Europe and people can reach him to learn this also!

Anyway sorry smile you feel im just talking it up, I believe you dont understand my Burning Palm system and maybe thinking its like Max lama guys?!

Regards

Ape

P.S To leave a red palm print on skin (back, arms) is not a true skill and anyone can do that without any type of training.

Edited by Spirit Ape

It will be a series of Dvds not 18 level or seperate DVDS, as there is striking and meds, healing meds so this Dvd will be the foundation but has many of the keys for the Burning Palm system to rebalance and strengthen the body.

This DVD will have 1 Internal form, seated meditation, visualization, special breathing patterns, and the form has 3 layers of development to learn how to release power and use for fighting, makes use of the elemental energies. Plus more!

regards

Ape

If this is from GM Doo Wai's system then I think people just don't realise what is being offered here. The guy is a legend. I have never in my life seen Iron Palm skills that come anywhere close to GM Doo Wai. The Ging he can produce is crazy. I was under the impression though that Ging development and healing are to be kept separate. Anyway... I do not know Spirit Ape but if it is Bak Fu Pai I can't wait.

Hi Rodgej,

Yes, its BFP from GMDW he has been a good friend of mine for a long time now, and has allowed me to teach out his Familys system. I specialize in many things from him and still learning, but the healing meds are seperate as well the Ging meds, thats why there will be a series as they all build upon each other.

GMDW has shared with me much information stuff Ive never even knew about which I feel very lucky and honoured to receive. Thanks, I know that what im putting out is extremely rare and is totally effective as well to him a family secret.

Ape

Spirit Ape, can you talk a little about how much time needs to be set aside for practice and what lifestyle changes need to be followed when practicing this gong. From what I understand it's pretty intense and also could be dangerous to the practitioner if not followed correctly.

Thanks,