Sign in to follow this  
markern

Practices for heart problem

A friend of mine has a heart problem. I did not realy understand what kind of problem it was but at least it was serious enough in the long term and gave her some trouble breathing. THe problem surfaced after someone realy broke her heart badly. In general what practices are good for the heart and heart problems and what kind of safety issues might arise? I am afraid some practices esepcialy those working directly with th heart could make things worse. Even a practice that is helpfull long term I think might risk something bad happening just because strong procesess start happening in the heart. I am going to find out the exact condition but just wanted some general input. In general I think that ordinary breath based meditation would lay a good foundation and could heal a lot of the problem as the research I have seen on meditation and heart problems suggest it has a powerfull healing effect. Just general yoga and qigong would also be great. After a solid foundation in this that presumably improves the general condition inner smile and healing sounds working directly on the heart could be the next step. Because of the breathing problems some sort of breathing practices would seem good but I am cluesless to what would be beneficial and what could be risky. Anyway I will find out the exact condition in a day or to and get back to you about it.

I am just getting into this practice, so of course I'm all gung-ho about it...keep that in mind...

But primordial qigong has been working great for me. I read somewhere that it's good for heart issues specifically...don't know the truth of that statement, but I do know that it'll help her...if she does it.

Many times, the person doesn't want to do something that will help them. Such is their path, and we can't change which way they want to go. I wish her well!

I am just getting into this practice, so of course I'm all gung-ho about it...keep that in mind...

But primordial qigong has been working great for me. I read somewhere that it's good for heart issues specifically...don't know the truth of that statement, but I do know that it'll help her...if she does it.

Many times, the person doesn't want to do something that will help them. Such is their path, and we can't change which way they want to go. I wish her well!

Scotty,

Are you talking about the Winn version? Yoda and I think Spectrum recommended it a long time ago and I have since then practiced on and off, more like a ritual on specific days. Winn did mention in one of his classes that this Qigong is very good various heart conditions.

Edited by Siliconvalley1

Rubbo's version. A fellow bum is sending me the Winn version to compare.

They don't have a DVD, just an e-book right? Was it easy to follow?

From what I read, both state the same source for this form of Qigong. But Winn wrote some place that he made some modifications to his form to open the central channel.

Yep it's just an ebook...you have to be motivated to learn it that way. My experience is that Rubbo's version works the central channel just fine.

Thanks guys. I know primordial qigong so I will see if it is something that resonates with her.

You would have to evaluate whether this would be good for your friend, but one of the prescriptive medical qigong exercises that I use for heart conditions is this one:

Hands palm out (palm side towards floor) parallel to floor at chest level. Move fingers so there is a quarter inch space between index/middle/thumb fingers of left hand and right hand. If you slightly move your fingers up and down you will feel that "magnetic like two magnets" feeling. Set intent on qi moving from L hand through R hand and around through chest (loop). Only do for 3 minutes at a time 3 or 4 times a day. I have had much success with high doses of Co Q10 (difficult to assimilate), hawthorne berry, cayenne. Can't say that these would be applicable for your friend.

Hands palm out (palm side towards floor) parallel to floor at chest level. Move fingers so there is a quarter inch space between index/middle/thumb fingers of left hand and right hand. If you slightly move your fingers up and down you will feel that "magnetic like two magnets" feeling. Set intent on qi moving from L hand through R hand and around through chest (loop). Only do for 3 minutes at a time 3 or 4 times a day. I have had much success with high doses of Co Q10 (difficult to assimilate), hawthorne berry, cayenne. Can't say that these would be applicable for your friend.
So, hold your arms out in front like a zombie...and then do you slowly wave your hands up and down like qishi in Taijiquan...or wiggle each finger separately?

ST1.gif

Or do you rotate your palms to face back at yourself in a classic zhan zhuang posture? And then wave your fingers in sync together?

oude-chinese-chikung-qigong-beoefenaar.jpg

And then you circulate qi from left hand to right through chest and back through left hand...etc?

So, hold your arms out in front like a zombie...and then do you slowly wave your hands up and down like qishi in Taijiquan...or wiggle each finger separately?

ST1.gif

Or do you rotate your palms to face back at yourself in a classic zhan zhuang posture? And then wave your fingers in sync together?

oude-chinese-chikung-qigong-beoefenaar.jpg

And then you circulate qi from left hand to right through chest and back through left hand...etc?

No, the flat of the palm is facing downward, parallel to the floor, not inward. And the hands are about 6 inches from chest. The moving of the fingers is only done initially simply to show a doubting person that something is really happening. The actual "exercise" is static with a 1/4 inch gap between the thumb/index/middle fingers and the thumb/index/middle fingers on the other hand. Then circulate qi left to right through chest back down arm to hand as in a continuous loop. As in left had to right hand to R arm to chest to left arm to L hand (but thing of it as a loop instead of the separate parts). Too powerful to do (or to recommend to someone else) for over 3 minutes at a time.

No, the flat of the palm is facing downward, parallel to the floor, not inward. And the hands are about 6 inches from chest. The moving of the fingers is only done initially simply to show a doubting person that something is really happening. The actual "exercise" is static with a 1/4 inch gap between the thumb/index/middle fingers and the thumb/index/middle fingers on the other hand. Then circulate qi left to right through chest back down arm to hand as in a continuous loop. As in left had to right hand to R arm to chest to left arm to L hand (but thing of it as a loop instead of the separate parts). Too powerful to do (or to recommend to someone else) for over 3 minutes at a time.
Ok thanks, getting a better picture now...

Except I don't see how you can hold your hands both PALM-DOWN, while also keeping your thumbs, index & ring fingers nearly touching? Or are your palms actually slightly angled and "holding a ball?" Otherwise, I don't see how else you could keep all those fingertips nearly touching?

Sorry for all the questions - but my friend just had some heart trouble so this could possibly help them.

Ok thanks, getting a better picture now...

Except I don't see how you can hold your hands both PALM-DOWN, while also keeping your thumbs, index & ring fingers nearly touching? Or are your palms actually slightly angled and "holding a ball?" Otherwise, I don't see how else you could keep all those fingertips nearly touching?

Sorry for all the questions - but my friend just had some heart trouble so this could possibly help them.

You just move the fingers around where each set of fingers has the 1/4 inch spacing between index to index, thumb to thumb, middle finger to middle finger. The fingers and are not parallel to the chest when this is done. If you look down at them you will see a triangle created with the index and thumbs.

I happened to pick up an old issue of "The Empty Vessel" this morning, and in the article "Medical Qigong: A Vital Branch of Oriental Medicine" by Jampa Mackenzie Stewart I noticed this statement:

"Another system, called Shu Xin Ping Xue Qigong, is specifically used for the treatment of heart diseases. It has been proven beneficial for angina, hypertension, and congestive heart failure".

That's all he says about it. I'm not familiar with it myself, but maybe someone here could comment on it, or you could google it for more information.

Sign in to follow this