Jonesboy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:01 AM

Hi Sudhamma,

I would say that Jesus is a Buddha.

Answer: I've no problem with your personal belief, but what was that that Jesus had awaken from? Perhaps, Yehwa was also a Buddha?

I would say Jesus was awakened from the same thing the Buddha was :) As for Yahweh, yes I would agree that he is a Buddha. If you have ever felt their presence, become one with them you would have no doubt.

I believe this saying from GOT explains it all.

50. Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

To me a Bodhisattva is not someone who does nice things or lives by some precepts. This to me is a Bodhisattva From the Avatamsaka Sutra... Answer: Can a person be considered a (Maha-)Bodhisattva but has no ideals (the bodhisattva-ideal), no vows and no practice (which means no faith), does no practise of paramittas? That person has the 'potential' (to be a bodhisattva), the unrealized bodhicitta, and steep in 'ignorance'.

Not really sure what you are asking here. Bodhisattva is beyond a disciple, master or an arhat. It is a being who has realized true Wisdom.

Great bodhisattvas have no attachment to Buddha and do not develop attachments; (Answer: Yet Cunti and Avalokitasvara are disciples of Amitaba Buddha and 'attached' to him)

they have no attachment to the teachings and do not develop attachments; (Answer: aren't they Buddhists? Again in the Lotus Sutra, homage is first given to Sakyamuni Buddha) they have no attachment to lands and do not develop attachments;
they have no attachments to sentient beings

Respect, love from an open heart is not attachment.

they have no attachment to lands and do not develop attachments;
they have no attachments to sentient beings(Answer: they have their vows to save all sentient beings, for instance, Kshitigarbha vowed to 'save' all hell beings)

Bodhichitta is again an open heart and the vow is important. It is that helping others which moves one beyond the light past cessation or stopping at that stage of being. I don't think you will find anyone saying bodhichitta is an attachment.

and do not develop attachments. They do not see that there are sentient beings, yet they carry on educational activity, civilizing and teaching ways of liberation; they do not give up the practices of bodhisattvas with great compassion and great commitment. (Answer: ain't this 'attachment'?)

I previously answered that but this is what the Buddha did, did he not? Are you suggesting the Buddha had attachments?

Seeing buddhas and hearing their teachings, they act accordingly; trusting the buddhas they plant roots of goodness, ceaselessly honoring and serving them. They are able to shake infinite worlds in the ten directions by spiritual powers; their minds are broad, being equal to the cosmos. They know various explanations of truth, they know how many sentient beings there are, they know the differences among sentient beings, they know the birth of suffering, they know the extinction of suffering; while knowing all acts are like reflected images, they carry out the deeds of bodhisattvas. They sever the root of all subjection to birth.

They carry out practices of bodhisattvas for the sole purpose of saving sentient beings and yet do not practice anything.(Answer: self-contradictory statement)

Can you explain why you find it self-contradictory?

Conforming to the essential nature of all buddhas, they develop a mind like an immense mountain. They know all falsehood and delusion, and enter the door of omniscience. Their knowledge and wisdom are broad and vast and unshakable, due to the attainment of true enlightenment. This is the insight of practical knowledge of equally saving all sentient beings in the ocean of birth and death. (Answer: are you referring to the super-normal powers obtained from meditation?)

Well I didn't write it but what they are referring to is ultimate emptiness and some of what that Wisdom is like with that realization.

#66 Sudhamma

Sudhamma

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Practise and teach 'San Pan Gong', Taiji Longivity Ruler, Baqua Roushenggong, and Ma (Yungsheng)-style Taijiquan.

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:02 AM

Hi Jonesboy, thank you for your reply(ies). I'm leaving this thread. May you be well and happy always. Sabbe satta sukhita hontu!

• Jonesboy said thanks for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users