When one person die, their 3 souls (hun) departs and assemble again, so you do not have a body but another form living with only the souls (hun). When you have 2 hun stick together, that is what we called "gwai wun" which is ghost-souls. The reason for using the word "ghost" is because it is yin, hidden, unseen.

You can also say one have a ghost heart - saying that the person think evil at the back all the time

or a ghost eye - saying that you see and look at evil stuff at people's back all the time

Ghost do not only mean dead people in chinese and taoism.

So in your view what happens with the 7 Po souls after death?

When one person die, their 3 souls (hun) departs and assemble again, so you do not have a body but another form living with only the souls (hun). When you have 2 hun stick together, that is what we called "gwai wun" which is ghost-souls. The reason for using the word "ghost" is because it is yin, hidden, unseen.

You can also say one have a ghost heart - saying that the person think evil at the back all the time

or a ghost eye - saying that you see and look at evil stuff at people's back all the time

Ghost do not only mean dead people in chinese and taoism.

I appreciate you saying this. Thank you. However you have said so many times already on this forum and I have taken your point on this the first time you said it. Please do not interpret what I am saying as evidence of my non-acceptance of the Chinese meaning of "ghosts".

So, if I understand correctly, any subtle living entities can be called "ghosts" in Chinese way of thinking. Am I correct? So a "ghost" is a rather general term that covers many situations and not just dead people's presence.

But, that said, it seems like you've ignored my question. I'll try one more time.

Do you believe that these subtle entities simply exists whether we like it or not? For example, the person has 3 hun no matter what? So from your point of view, no matter what anyone thinks, one has 3 hun, so a person might as well learn about 3 hun to be closer to truth of "how things really are"? Do I understand this correctly?

For example, do I have 3 hun in your opinion? Maybe I have 10 or 1.5. Are you sure it's 3? Have you counted my hun? Or is it something that's believed to be a principle, like a "law of hun", like in the West we have "a law of conservation of energy" which states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed within a closed system, but only changes form. So maybe in your worldview there is a law of hun that has a simple and rational explanation for why exactly 3 hun are there to make a person and not 5 or 2.5 or 1.7?

I guess to you studying ghosts is not even an option. Ghosts exists so if you don't want to remain ignorant, you have to study them. Right? Also your teacher said ghosts exist, so there is no way you could say or believe something that contradicts that, right?

Edited by goldisheavy

Do you believe that these subtle entities simply exists whether we like it or not? For example, the person has 3 hun no matter what? So from your point of view, no matter what anyone thinks, one has 3 hun, so a person might as well learn about 3 hun to be closer to truth of "how things really are"? Do I understand this correctly?

Hi Gold,

The 3 Hun 7 Po theorem stems from the magic square (Luo Shu):

twicken03_1_7967.gif

FS%20SH%20Ba%20Gua.JPG

(Note that the bagua is for the Southern Hemisphere)

loshumagicsq.gif

Following this model:

Hun = Wood = Liver = East = 3

Po = Metal = Lungs = West = 7

The 7 Po are considered to be temporal 'animal' spirits or souls whilst the 3 Hun are considered to be eternal 'heavenly' spirits or souls.

During the process of birth Hun and Po 'take residence' in the body. At death the Po are said to return back to the earth whilst the Hun exit out through the head to return to the cosmos.

I believe the discussion here is about whether these spirits can be sensed and/or interacted with after death.

Hope this helped. :D

Actually now this is turning out to be a good conversation...

Thank you for that post Stigweard, and you too Mak.

gallery_32013_84_23210.jpg

Gwai Yin that is very good. This is why the "Gathering the hun" magic ritual exists in Taoism... To unite the hun after death.

What do they call when a human becomes a disturbed spirit (violent traumatic death)? The energies fuse to become an even more cohesive spirit...

I should share the locations of the po spirits. I recall they used to use talismans and jade to stop up the po inside the body so they stayed there at death. Po interact with outside spirits and such.

I was taught that the po exist on the taijipole, the center core of light used in shengong training, the specific locations are the chakra cores, where the chakras meet the pole of light. I had tried to reconfirm this with ancient texts in the past but kept comming back to the chakra cores.

Some give locations like behind the heart on the taiji pole, at the back of the cauldron of the dantien (triangle) where the gate of life acupunture point exists....

I wished I had added the yellow court to the picture which is between chakra 3 and 4.

At that the po have flip personalities, and can be self-sustaining or self-destructive...

E.g. the po pf life, and the po of death et cetera. even though I know quite a bit about the subject I must admit I do not know absolutely everything, at that I do use a lot of "shortcut" "side-door" methods.

EDIT: I have found that even with the ability to see, ghosts can play tricks, and it is always better to sense them with your periphrial energies lest they get stuck on you haha!

Feel free to chime in? Critique, comments always welcome...

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

It is common for me to feel the presence of recently dead friends and loved ones sort of adding themselves to my spiritual being - as if they reside within me in some way... A bit of their consciousness perhaps...?

Tho- it seems unlikely that their whole consciousness would wish to be a part of my lifes' experience...

It is getting crowded as so many of my friends & family have died...in the past 5 years...I also seem to be able to "reject" some of those who I have known but do not wish to be a part of that situation...It feels "cold" of me - but always a needed choice to make!

I believe the question is What are Ghosts?

Do you to believe that there are certain things which follow natural laws or do you wish to believe that everything depends on the perspective shift you are engaged in?

I have seen spirits since I was a child so to me they are simply another thing in the world(s). What I have SEEN is that there are many different entities that folk put the label of "ghost" to. From my perspective, the earth-bound spirits are mostly what people put that label to. But there exist multi-dimensional travelers, entities, Higher-Level Beings of Light, created thought-forms, etc. that people have also put the "ghost" label on. What I have SEEN cause earth-bound spirits is the "sins" of humanity. "SINS" Like "guilt", "fear", "addiction", "anger", etc. These sins against one's nature or true self cause attachments which can hold the spirit to the earth until they are given up or dealt with.

GIH, not interested in arguing that it all depends on which paradigm you wish to engage in. You have made your point and I actually agree with you (to a certain extent :D , I also believe in natural laws).

how nice this topic is going so far~

one point to add for all to think about here. (especailly those who have experience dead friends or ancestors around you before)

Winter have longer dark periods, less sun light, - colder -yin side

Summer have longer sunlight and daytime - warmer -yang side

If you feel "cold" or "chill" or "bliss" or "freezing" when these dead beings around you, that is telling you that they are "yin" in energy-wise. Which proven that we human are "yang" in energy wise because we are warm.

Thank you Mak Tin Si. the hot/cold aspect puts an interesting angle onto my rememberances. Oblique references that become direct. My usual peevish annoyance with you is mollified !

This scares me more than ghosts! :lol::o

Thank you, glad to talk with peace again.

Talking about energy or chi or anything in the world, yin=cold, yang=hot for sure. So it depends how cold to determine how "yin" and it depends how hot to know how "yang" somethings is.

An interesting thing here to share - one time I have a patient over who is annoyed by some ghosts (dead human spirit) at home. The kids keep on seeing people (ghosts) around the house. They turned the heat on to 45 degree and they all felt freezing at home no matter what they do. They all got on their winter coats and walk around this SUPER HEATED place. Yes, the temporature on the scale is 45 degree, but whoever go into teh house say it is FREEZING.

So after we do the ghost busting for the house to get them back to the yin-dimension, the house was SUPER HOT and it's like in a sona room. All the people took off their coat and sweat like crazy. HOT again.

As you can see, energy changes when different "beings" are around. - as my experience is.

I believe the question is What are Ghosts?

I think I understood what the ghosts were from Mak Tin Si's explanation already. If I have not understood it, then my misunderstanding is going to become apparent later on when I try to say something about ghosts within Mak Tin Si's framework. I myself do not rely on that framework though. I am curious about other people's frameworks, at least sometimes, and I want to see how other people live within their framework and what flavor their life has.

Do you to believe that there are certain things which follow natural laws or do you wish to believe that everything depends on the perspective shift you are engaged in?

It's not an either-or relationship for me. Perspective is part of nature. It's not unnatural. Mind in my view is primordial. It's not something in the brain. The mind is something without characteristics. You can think of the mind as the highest abstraction or the ultimate meaning or one's true or "high" self, or many other names. The mind is not the same as the mindset. Mindset is a structure that resides within mind. It gives shape to experience and it introduces somewhat stable "laws" and relationships and so forth between and about phenomena. Mindsets come and go, but the mind is always present. The mind plus mindset is what makes terms like "time" and "space" have meaning. Without these two, terms like "time" and "space" would have no meaning and could not be experienced.

Since mindsets, from the ultimate point of view, can be picked up and dropped like one would a man's tie or a woman's earrings, it makes sense to not take on a mindset just because it is traditional, but to take it on consciously because it is either good or beautiful, and one can do so creatively. If no one teaches a good mindset, you can make one. To do this you need to have a lot of wisdom, but this stage is not unattainable. Anyone who makes wisdom their number one priority in life can attain sufficient wisdom to become creative at the ultimate level after some years or decades or at most a few lives (in my view). In other words, once one is determined to go in that direction, it doesn't take too awfully long.

I'm explaining this to give you an idea of where my questions are coming from. The mind, and even the silliest and dumbest mindset are not unnatural. They are natural.

People often believe that their minds and thoughts exist extra-nature, outside nature, and somehow impose, rape and violate nature. I don't believe that. It's possible to create an experience of disharmony and clashing energies, but all that is still completely natural, because nature is all-embracing and so is mind.

I have seen spirits since I was a child so to me they are simply another thing in the world(s).

And I have seen physical manifestations since I was a child, but I don't believe that physics is the ultimate truth. Somehow I was able to rise above my perception and my original beliefs. I will not die with the same beliefs I was born with. I'm not saying it's good or bad. But it's a possibility. I personally like it for myself and I wish other people would become aware of the possibility of consciously molding one's core beliefs. Most people sort of take for granted their core beliefs about reality. I guess that can be OK and fun. It's part of dreaming. But consciously molding core beliefs is also a valuable part of dreaming. There is regular dreaming and lucid dreaming, innocent dreaming and dreaming on purpose. I see it as all good and cyclical. I think the flavor of one's dream/experience/life has to change once in a while. What if you already had 1000 lives where you see roughly the same things and believe roughly the same things? Is it enough yet? Are you tired of the sameness yet? For me the answer is yes. Maybe seeing spirits and believing as you do is something you've only been doing for 10 lives and so it's still cool and fresh. I don't know.

-----

To Stigweard and TheWhiteRabbit:

Thank you! That was interesting. Stig, your square gives me more questions than it gives answers. Why square? Why only 9 squares? Why that order of numbers? Needless to say nothing there seems intuitive to me and it makes no sense. Why is hun on the left sude, west, and po on the right side, east? Why can't hun be north or a corner? I just don't get it.

It's obvious to me that the square is arbitrary, and that's fine. But! If you make a system like that, it better have some interesting and elegant properties. However if the system is arbitrary, but is not intuitive, and has no interesting properties and no elegance, then I don't think it's a good system. It is subjective, but that's my take on it. The magical square appears clumsy to me.

Edited by goldisheavy

I see where you are comming from GIH, but sometimes words fail to truely describe the situation and the boundaries people set through thought and language can be even worse...

People generally talk about what they know about a subject. Though for some of the part spirits deal with our unconscious mind is correct, for holes in the mind must exist for interaction. If it is to misunderstand this statement that you do, if that be the case, I am at peace with that. However, there is much top be said for the majority of old texts regarding the subject, and that most of how interaction occurs, the explanations do not exist in detail(even in written texts), only in methods used.

Though this does not bridge any gaps in understanding the subject, it only shows that the understanding of the subject is based upon application. Though there may be a lack of intuitiveness in the magic square presented you need to understand the intuitive system it is based upon, which is a challenge in itself.

The square presented is based upon ancient divination systems, the five arts explain the intuitive system in detail. If you can learn this, it will be more difficult than the most difficult chemistry class on your own. Though the information contained in the Dun Jia is sensitive and dangerous, getting your hands on a copy may prove... Extremely difficult at that.

heres for starters:

Five Arts Divination Systems Study and Applications Webforum

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

It is always good to have some kind of backups before you are dealing with or getting any closer to the "ghost spirits" too. (dead human souls) If you do not have any protection, you might get sick and tired and grumpy very easily. Bad luck then will follow.

When you are bad luck, you will not think you are bad luck. Until a point you got good luck again all of the sudden, then you realize how bad luck you were before. (some student told me about this exp. they had)

Yes, mineral water comes to mind.

Holy water can be made by charging the mineral water with whitelight spirit energy as such

OOG lemme scratch on wall:

gallery_32013_84_1131.jpg

the hand is rotated in a clockwise direction and the spirit energy (white light energy) is pulled down into the water...

Extremely effective against negitive entities, as well as sheilding methods.

However has been my experience that a whitelight bubble that is too forceful may scare dead people (ghosts).

You must know and develop the intuition necessary to be able to apply these methods.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

I think I understood what the ghosts were from Mak Tin Si's explanation already. If I have not understood it, then my misunderstanding is going to become apparent later on when I try to say something about ghosts within Mak Tin Si's framework. I myself do not rely on that framework though. I am curious about other people's frameworks, at least sometimes, and I want to see how other people live within their framework and what flavor their life has.

It's not an either-or relationship for me. Perspective is part of nature. It's not unnatural. Mind in my view is primordial. It's not something in the brain. The mind is something without characteristics. You can think of the mind as the highest abstraction or the ultimate meaning or one's true or "high" self, or many other names. The mind is not the same as the mindset. Mindset is a structure that resides within mind. It gives shape to experience and it introduces somewhat stable "laws" and relationships and so forth between and about phenomena. Mindsets come and go, but the mind is always present. The mind plus mindset is what makes terms like "time" and "space" have meaning. Without these two, terms like "time" and "space" would have no meaning and could not be experienced.

Since mindsets, from the ultimate point of view, can be picked up and dropped like one would a man's tie or a woman's earrings, it makes sense to not take on a mindset just because it is traditional, but to take it on consciously because it is either good or beautiful, and one can do so creatively. If no one teaches a good mindset, you can make one. To do this you need to have a lot of wisdom, but this stage is not unattainable. Anyone who makes wisdom their number one priority in life can attain sufficient wisdom to become creative at the ultimate level after some years or decades or at most a few lives (in my view). In other words, once one is determined to go in that direction, it doesn't take too awfully long.

I'm explaining this to give you an idea of where my questions are coming from. The mind, and even the silliest and dumbest mindset are not unnatural. They are natural.

People often believe that their minds and thoughts exist extra-nature, outside nature, and somehow impose, rape and violate nature. I don't believe that. It's possible to create an experience of disharmony and clashing energies, but all that is still completely natural, because nature is all-embracing and so is mind.

And I have seen physical manifestations since I was a child, but I don't believe that physics is the ultimate truth. Somehow I was able to rise above my perception and my original beliefs. I will not die with the same beliefs I was born with. I'm not saying it's good or bad. But it's a possibility. I personally like it for myself and I wish other people would become aware of the possibility of consciously molding one's core beliefs. Most people sort of take for granted their core beliefs about reality. I guess that can be OK and fun. It's part of dreaming. But consciously molding core beliefs is also a valuable part of dreaming. There is regular dreaming and lucid dreaming, innocent dreaming and dreaming on purpose. I see it as all good and cyclical. I think the flavor of one's dream/experience/life has to change once in a while. What if you already had 1000 lives where you see roughly the same things and believe roughly the same things? Is it enough yet? Are you tired of the sameness yet? For me the answer is yes. Maybe seeing spirits and believing as you do is something you've only been doing for 10 lives and so it's still cool and fresh. I don't know.

----

No, this is not something I have been believing for 10 lives. I gave up believing a long time ago because I eventually learned both what a trickster and how powerful the mind is. It is a point I have arrived at over many, many lifetimes. It is not about believing. Believing is of the mind.

We have a totally different concept of "mind" and the fabric of the universe. You keep saying there are no natural laws and it is only a matter of perspective. Been there done that, eventually got hit over the head with the natural laws. What I have found was that although you are oh so correct in that changing the perspective and eliminating core beliefs brings about a totally new way of looking at things and even existing, what you keep forgetting is that the mind was responsible for those core beliefs in the first place. The art of shamanic shifting allows us to shift between worlds. We can assume any paradigm we wish. But what we eventually find is that in each world or paradigm there exist natural laws. And if we really contemplate this, the answer is how could it not be? Something with some "way" started everything. Or everything has no beginning and no ending, but there is some "way" (laws) that allowed it to happen.

Our minds are our worst enemies because the mind causes all these core belief systems, not because it allows the real us to escape the limitations of these core beliefs. It tries very hard to convince us that IS the way things are.

Natural laws do exist within each shift. Not a belief. I have no reason to believe this because I take the mind out of the equation and operate from the true self which existed long before the mind. It is not a belief, but simply what I have experienced.

You bring up many good points and make people think about things; I like that and I have no wish to argue these points. I have stated what I have experienced and you have your beliefs/perspective(s). In the end, it probably doesn't make a bit of difference in where or what we arrive at.

Yes, mineral water comes to mind.

Holy water can be made by charging the mineral water with whitelight spirit energy as such

OOG lemme scratch on wall:

gallery_32013_84_1131.jpg

the hand is rotated in a clockwise direction and the spirit energy (white light energy) is pulled down into the water...

Extremely effective against negitive entities, as well as sheilding methods.

However has been my experience that a whitelight bubble that is too forceful may scare dead people (ghosts).

You must know and develop the intuition necessary to be able to apply these methods.

Electric shocks to the body have been known to displace spirits that have come into a person's body. They can't stand the energy. We project qi to do the same thing. What you describe can be very helpful as well, although we energize the water direct with energy and set INTENT. The problem comes in what to do with the spirit once you do this. It is not a matter of torturing the entity with more energy but having compassion and offering help. Many times they don't want the help, but sometimes they do. Many earth bound spirits are simply trying to go home but need assistance in removing the attachments that bind them.

It is not about believing. Believing is of the mind.

Not believing something is also of the mind. :lol:

Our minds are our worst enemies because the mind causes all these core belief systems

If the mind causes our core beliefs to be what they are, it is obvious the mind can cause to also change those beliefs as well. :D The mind is your greatest enemy AND your greatest friend.

The trouble comes from the mindset and not from the mind. The mind is not the mindset.

I completely agree Ya Mu.

I also dot want to give off the impression that i torture ghosts for sport or fear or anything.

or that i do

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

To Stigweard and TheWhiteRabbit:

Thank you! That was interesting. Stig, your square gives me more questions than it gives answers. Why square? Why only 9 squares? Why that order of numbers? Needless to say nothing there seems intuitive to me and it makes no sense. Why is hun on the left sude, west, and po on the right side, east? Why can't hun be north or a corner? I just don't get it.

It's obvious to me that the square is arbitrary, and that's fine. But! If you make a system like that, it better have some interesting and elegant properties. However if the system is arbitrary, but is not intuitive, and has no interesting properties and no elegance, then I don't think it's a good system. It is subjective, but that's my take on it. The magical square appears clumsy to me.

This deserved it's own thread which I have started here: The Lo Shu 洛書 (River Book) Magic Square

Hope it answers some questions :D

I would definately like to hear more of what Mak has to say. He is right about a lot of things, and even though I have spirits that pass through my apartment or even visit me in other places I think he might deal more with spirits than me...

I can share what I was taught and my experiences all i want but beliefs are not great because you see, they are not based upon what one has experienced and I am not going to just post beliefs.

This is based upon my study of the works of

Immanuel Kant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kant

There are analytic and synthetic propositions of reality:

1. Analytic proposition: a proposition whose predicate concept is contained in its subject concept; e.g., "All bachelors are unmarried," or, "All bodies take up space."

2. Synthetic proposition: a proposition whose predicate concept is not contained in its subject concept ; e.g., "All bachelors are happy," or, "All bodies have mass."

Most of what beliefs are sometimes do not fall into either category, and is based upon opinions of reality. Does not make them invalid, just makes things difficult to understand and makes time fly by in this dimension as opposed to the spirit world that does not have time in it (no time, center of time, alltime is now)...

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Hi, it's almost 4am here, gotta train soon. But before that, let me share something...

Spirits or ghosts are very common, they exsist within the same world we live but just in 2 different overlapping layers of dimension. We live on the yang-dimension and they live in the yin-dimension.

Most people do not get in contact with the yin-dimension because they are fully in this world. To be able to contact or touch into the yin-dimension, one's energy must be attuned to a lower energy state or a "slower frequency state" to be able to get "closer" to the yin-dimension.

One's energy flow can get lower and slower normally when they are sick, tired, or near dying. Then they get to see these spirits because they get closer to the energy flow of the yin-dimension.

There are alot of people who say that when people almost die in the hospital, they see alot of people around and even some ancestors who passed away.This is an example of what I just shared.

Not believing something is also of the mind. :lol:

True, so in order to go beyond the mind's limitations we have to drop the believe/not believe out of the equation.

If the mind causes our core beliefs to be what they are, it is obvious the mind can cause to also change those beliefs as well. :D

True, if belief is what you are after. This will change the belief to another one.

The mind is your greatest enemy AND your greatest friend.

The mind is very powerful. As long as your new greatest friend is a tool and not the master it is a good thing.

The trouble comes from the mindset and not from the mind. The mind is not the mindset.

Seems circular to me. Mindset, defined as a set of assumptions, is produced from the mind.

Most people do not get in contact with the yin-dimension because they are fully in this world. To be able to contact or touch into the yin-dimension, one's energy must be attuned to a lower energy state or a "slower frequency state" to be able to get "closer" to the yin-dimension. ...

True. But I wish to add that, once a person raises this vibration rate to a higher-level and learns the art of shifting, then they can choose to see these ghosts as well as the higher-vibrations of the Higher-Level Beings / Ascended Masters.

Edit: was going to post what i did then later thought... naaaaah.

But I wish to add that, once a person raises this vibration rate to a higher-level and learns the art of shifting, then they can choose to see these ghosts as well as the higher-vibrations of the Higher-Level Beings / Ascended Masters.

I stumbled on this a few times just playing around but it left me unbalanced.

I would like to learn more about this "shifting"

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

I stumbled on this a few times just playing around but it left me unbalanced.

I would like to learn more about this "shifting"

Good that it left you unbalanced. If you weren't adding thought, then that probably means it temporarily shifted you. Now try to do the same thing while in the total qi state. Report back.

It is a matter of raising the energy body vibration frequency, stopping the world, and shifting.

talking about ghost seeing, I have on interesting thing to share from my student..

Two of my students once learned from this evil master and they started to see ghosts after the learnings.. which made them bad luck, bad health and sick all the time. They said that these ghosts are black and wonders aruond and sometimes try to even "attack" them. But once they recieved the "safety protection FU" from my in the CNY period, their yin-eye closed and they never see it anymore. they sometimes just "feel" them around but being pushed away with a powerful force from the FU. So they feel safe again.

Good that it left you unbalanced. If you weren't adding thought, then that probably means it temporarily shifted you. Now try to do the same thing while in the total qi state. Report back.

It is a matter of raising the energy body vibration frequency, stopping the world, and shifting.

Over the last day or so I made a few unsuccessful attempts.

First time I raised my vibration a lightbulb went out, and i connected with the non-time of the spirit world. Shifted, then realized that i could see some stuff, could see some cables that the sheilding was broken on (glow) and some small black energy specks floating slightly above the floor(not to be confused with bugs) then i lost it.

I didnt see any spirits but then again i didnt feel any in the vicinity or spirit field. Well maybe a few gnomes but i didnt see them(by the plants)

What im getting from some of this and trying to hold it that it may be an advanced technique, or it feels that way. I would very much like to learn it but I am uncertain if my oversoul is trying to tell me that im not ready for it or not? Or it may be an outmoded perception?

As a side note, I stumbled on this through feeling another person do this that was not daoist. He did it at work once (ripples in a pond?) and made me want to attempt the same. It was an intrigueing concept, though it seemed to make him more aggressive.

But not as aggressive as a particular technique made me that was taught to me by a fire spirit. He taught me healing techniques using indigo light, and was a very aggressive and forceful creature.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit