cheya

Extra Meridians Longevity Practice

I thought I found this interesting site through TTB, but search doesn't find it, so here it is for others.

Extraordinary Meridian Stretching

Anybody already worked with this?

Edit: the links aren't productive now, but we are talking about the book Essential Shiatsu: The Eight Extraordinary Meridians, which is available used on Amazon, cheap! The exercises are described in the book, along with the points.

Edited by cheya
  • Like 1

I just gave that link to Trunk last week biggrin.gif Those are good exercises, I like them!

Hi JoeBlast,

Some of the exercises are a little extreme for me, but the point work is VERY interesting.
I've been stimulating the points for three days and notice not only that they are much easier to energize and much more equal in energization/sense of flow, but also that I am sleeping much better.

Looking in Deadman's Manual, I notice one of the points is good for a number of seemingly unrelated ailments that have bugged me, insomnia being just one, and that there seems an improvement in all of them over just a few days. Maybe I wasn't running on all eight "cylinders"!

Have you worked at all with the points?

• Like 1

Some of the stretches also a bit much for this old man, but I'm finding acupressure (in general) + stretching to be a powerful combination. Really feels good! I'm the type that I'd often have to do more strength work to warm up & relax. I have a thick build; stretching has always been a little more difficult for me, less interesting. Acupressure + stretching is making stretching more genuinely interesting and helpful for me than it has been before. :)

.. point work is VERY interesting.

I've been stimulating the points for three days .. a number of seemingly unrelated ailments that have bugged me, .. there seems an improvement in all of them over just a few days. Maybe I wasn't running on all eight "cylinders"!

Sweet! Wow, good results for just a few days!!!

Like I said, I've been doing more acu in general. I'll have to experiment with the yoseido 8 pts. I'm being all nerdy about it and got the book, reading it first. :rolleyes:

Trunk

Trunk said:

Some of the stretches also a bit much for this old man... Acupressure + stretching is making stretching more genuinely interesting and helpful for me than it has been before. smile.gif

Like I said, I've been doing more acu in general. I'll have to experiment with the yoseido 8 pts. I'm being all nerdy about it and got the book, reading it first. rolleyes.gif

Hi Trunk,
Ha! So I found that link on ramblin'! Many thanks to you and joeblast. This is a great find for me.

Exchanging the point work with another therapist was VERY interesting. Starting to explore the sensation that some of the regulating points are way out of balance left to right, and trying to get them more balanced. Having another person hold points on both sides at the same time really amped up the juice and cleared some of the circuits. After we did all the points, we reworked the weaker/more blocked points, and found they "ran" better after all the vessels had been worked. We may have overdone it though� I was pretty stove up the next morning.

I'm inspired enough to try the exercises, which are still a bit of a joke at this point, but I'm propping myself into the positions as best I can, and trying to sense the energy movement. Works on a couple of them already, and I expect them to get better.

What's your verdict on the book? Will reading the book add much to the practice over just working the points and stretches from the article?

The book discussed here its: Essential Shiatsu: The Eight Extaordinary Meridians

Edited by cheya

Thanks for the link. This looks and sounds very similar to Yin Yoga. They didn't mention the time that each posture is held, or did I miss that? The ankle and hand point manipulations would be a nice addition to my practice.

Thanks for the link. This looks and sounds very similar to Yin Yoga. They didn't mention the time that each posture is held, or did I miss that? The ankle and hand point manipulations would be a nice addition to my practice.

it resembles some of the zenyoga exercises I learned from a korean teacher, exercises from a monastery, ment as preparation before meditation, which I believe are very yin. there we inhale and keep breath in counting to ten before we exhale all the while also contracting the anusmuscle befrore exhaling, all the time making sure that the spine is straight.