Ya Mu

Chinese Taoist Medicine & Stillness-Movement Medical Qigong

In the U.S. people spend billions of dollars on pain medicine and many become addicted to various pain med's.

Pain is not the issue, nor is it the cause of suffering.

The real issue, perhaps, is the overwhelming desire of most people to want to lead a pain-free life?

Pain can be a blessing at times. For one, it can be a reminder that we are mortals, and as such, we have a limited lifespan. It can be a useful wake-up call to bring us to the realization that life is precious and that we ought to cherish and be grateful for the simple gifts that are abundantly available to us right now. I think what we keep our focus on most of the time makes a difference in our attitude towards managing pain.

I have friends who are keen practitioners of pain-free living. They live like gods, doing everything within their means to ensure that the possibility of pain is minimized. While their motivation appears sane and normal on some level, deep inside, what they all appear fearful of are the inevitable pains and potentially agonizing effects of old age, dying and death.

If they asked for my advice to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life, i would tell them to think less of their own satisfaction - instead, try to devote more of their time and money towards alleviating the mental and physical anguish of those who are really in 'pain', like doing volunteer work with homeless people, the aged, and children who are terminally ill. This then becomes a real purpose... to remove self-cherishing, which is the root cause of the world's problems.

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

I thought perhaps this should have it's own thread. Re - posted on it's own thread, Pain.

Pain is not the issue, nor is it the cause of suffering.

The real issue, perhaps, is the overwhelming desire of most people to want to lead a pain-free life?

Pain can be a blessing at times. For one, it can be a reminder that we are mortals, and as such, we have a limited lifespan. It can be a useful wake-up call to bring us to the realization that life is precious and that we ought to cherish and be grateful for the simple gifts that are abundantly available to us right now. I think what we keep our focus on most of the time makes a difference in our attitude towards managing pain.

I have friends who are keen practitioners of pain-free living. They live like gods, doing everything within their means to ensure that the possibility of pain is minimized. While their motivation appears sane and normal on some level, deep inside, what they all appear fearful of are the inevitable pains and potentially agonizing effects of old age, dying and death.

If they asked for my advice to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life, i would tell them to think less of their own satisfaction - instead, try to devote more of their time and money towards alleviating the mental and physical anguish of those who are really in 'pain', like doing volunteer work with homeless people, the aged, and children who are terminally ill. This then becomes a real purpose... to remove self-cherishing, which is the root cause of the world's problems.

Pain certainly can be the "real issue", not due to the pain itself but due to the root cause of the pain. We should listen instead of ignore.

"...instead, try to devote more of their time and money towards alleviating the mental and physical anguish of those who are really in 'pain'"

Absolutely, lots of people out there in pain.

I have never been impressed with pain management techniques. Most of the time these are drug oriented and the drugs have side effects. Why in the world would we wish to practice "pain management"? Only if there were no alternative. Pain elimination techniques - much better.

Pain can be a wake up call and motivate us to do drastic things that we wouldn't have possibly done without the pain. Amazingly and profound, sometimes.

Pain can also be an unrelenting hinder to a person's life and their Spirituality. That constant thing that prevents many people from going deeper into themselves. It is indeed profound to see the change that happens in these people when the pain is eliminated.

I know I have seen both of these circumstances personally (due to 2 car wrecks and two falls and hard living) and over the 35 years with working in-clinic with people in intense pain. The key, from the standpoint of someone trying to help others, is to learn to recognize which is happening. Root cause = much more important than the pain itself.

This is one of the very reasons to practice high level medicine instead of lower level.

Forms of Chinese Medicine:

Low level - Physical

Mid level - Physical & mental

High Level - Goal of helping a person find & fulfill their destiny (that which they themselves choose)

• Like 1

I have to actually say in many instances - pain is in fact the issue -- it will be the issue that drives a person to see me. Now I am simply treating the pain? No - I am treating the entire person - Mind, Body, and Spirit.

What usually happens is during the energetic exchange I have with the patient -- flash! A light goes on and they will suddenly have a deeper understanding of what the root cause of their pain is and what they really need to be doing with their lives to fullfill their destiny!

This happens all the time. The patient has been treated - I watch as the Sick Qi is eradicated from their body - then they turn and look at me -- here it comes - they have had a realization and need to talk about it. Then we may have another 30 minute discussion over items that are affecting their lives.

Now it would be nice if everyone was out helping the poor, the needy etc - but these folks with debilitating pain are indeed needy. Some of them have had such restrictions placed on their lives -- that unless you walk a mile in their shoes - you simply don't understand the challenges they face. Everyone on this planet has a variety of challenges they have -- we don't always understand the challenge - someone has a gazillion dollars - their challenge is to learn compassion or something like that...

So I am very happy to help those with pain or other syndromes that are directed to me and ask for help, not all people ask the same - so sometimes I have to offer -- I had one recently in which I offered 7 or 8 times before they finally accepted my offer and they were so happy they did. The pain they had was severe enough it was interferring with their ability to make a sound decision.

Again - think you want to learn more -- maybe you are the one person that Michael has the spot available for at the Terre Haute Seminar.

Thanks,

Kempomaster

• Like 1

How does Qi projection treat the mind and spirit of a person? I understand how it can treat the physical if the source of something like pain is due to a past accident, but what if the source of the issue is psychological and the person has beliefs like they deserve to suffer or has a great deal of guilt and shame around their lives? what if they gain secondary gain from the problem and subconsciously don't want to release it? I know if you have a problem for a while it can becomes part of your identity so you may even fight to keep it, I don't understand how Qi projection can help this except in short term temporary relief, surely these issues can only be sorted out by the person themselves.

The healing of animal stories are great but it is of no surprise to me that animals are easier to heal than humans because they don't have the developed frontal cortex which can create all sorts of interfering beliefs and life stories which can interfere with healing.

How does Qi projection treat the mind and spirit of a person? I understand how it can treat the physical if the source of something like pain is due to a past accident, but what if the source of the issue is psychological and the person has beliefs like they deserve to suffer or has a great deal of guilt and shame around their lives? what if they gain secondary gain from the problem and subconsciously don't want to release it? I know if you have a problem for a while it can becomes part of your identity so you may even fight to keep it, I don't understand how Qi projection can help this except in short term temporary relief, surely these issues can only be sorted out by the person themselves.

The healing of animal stories are great but it is of no surprise to me that animals are easier to heal than humans because they don't have the developed frontal cortex which can create all sorts of interfering beliefs and life stories which can interfere with healing.

"Forms of Chinese Medicine:

Low level - Physical

High Level - Goal of helping a person find & fulfill their destiny (that which they themselves choose)"

You are referring to mid-level treatment. Yes, many forms of Chinese medicine are geared at these issues.

We do high level form of Chinese medicine. Pain elimination, mental balance etc is a side effect. A nice side effect, for so many, but still not the main goal of the session. As kempomaster says above, we see many issues resolved by the client when we do this type of session. Most times it is an amazing thing to behold. People sometimes think they came to see us for one reason, say a hurt elbow or something of that nature, but the session will generally reveal the deeper issues.

And I would't actually say animals are easier to treat. Yes, they are much more fun than someone who only comes to see you so as to prove what you do doesn't work - well, maybe not as those are really fun when you watch them all of a sudden get the "wow" expression, but animals are not disbelieving and entrenched like humanity and do possess a certain admirable purity. But I have worked on animals that took lots of time & effort.

• Like 1

The Terre Haute workshop is full. Our next workshop is June 23,24,25. It will be announced soon.

Edited by Ya Mu

Jetsun's question is one which I am very interested in also.

"Forms of Chinese Medicine:

Low level - Physical

High Level - Goal of helping a person find & fulfill their destiny (that which they themselves choose)"

You are referring to mid-level treatment. Yes, many forms of Chinese medicine are geared at these issues.

We do high level form of Chinese medicine.

This is rather general. I would love to hear cases of healing people suffering from chronic psychological dysfunction. Also, there are specific treatment methodologies for various physical aliments in your book. Are there specific treatment methodologies for psychological aliments?

Jetsun's question is one which I am very interested in also.

This is rather general. I would love to hear cases of healing people suffering from chronic psychological dysfunction. Also, there are specific treatment methodologies for various physical aliments in your book. Are there specific treatment methodologies for psychological aliments?

I am almost positive there is an interesting case history posted somewhere in this thread concerning this topic.

The protocol would be physician first then Taoist medicine combined medical qigong for multiple sessions. Everyone is different so it would be difficult to list any type of specific methodologies other than the Taoist Medicine combined with medical qigong. Also, outcome is dependent on many factors including the fact that we are not treating any disease itself but attempting to help a person find and fulfill their Destiny. If the problem is due to something the person themselves chose as a life lesson it will remain. Also, some things are and cannot be changed. In other words the results can be amazingly remarkable to nothing at all happens with any particular problem. However, something is always addressed, even things that are hidden from the person themselves, but maybe not any one particular thing that the person had in their mind was the problem.

• Like 2

I am almost positive there is an interesting case history posted somewhere in this thread concerning this topic.

The protocol would be physician first then Taoist medicine combined medical qigong for multiple sessions. Everyone is different so it would be difficult to list any type of specific methodologies other than the Taoist Medicine combined with medical qigong. Also, outcome is dependent on many factors including the fact that we are not treating any disease itself but attempting to help a person find and fulfill their Destiny. If the problem is due to something the person themselves chose as a life lesson it will remain. Also, some things are and cannot be changed. In other words the results can be amazingly remarkable to nothing at all happens with any particular problem. However, something is always addressed, even things that are hidden from the person themselves, but maybe not any one particular thing that the person had in their mind was the problem.

Thanks for filling in some of those blanks. I do remember one case of depression you mentioned (a girl who couldn't even leave the house, treatment + qigong practice worked wonders). And someone mentioned Kempomaster's distance healing on a depressed relative. I was curious if there were others.

I was curious if there were others.

I have had several people follow up with healings, even when initially skeptical, they have never been disappointed. One case which I have permission to mention here is from a Taobum. After recieving work relating to entity removal and various things done by a high level practitioner well known on this board, they found that their strong emotional problems persisted. They contacted me and I referred them. Later they let me know how it went "He took care of the problem! so a 20 year old very complex emotional, mental, spiritual issue resolved in just two sessions. a 70% improvement after the first session.".

Best,

• Like 1

Best,

Thanks for reminding me about that one. I had misfiled it into the "jealousy inducing" folder of my mind rather than the "successful case studies" folder.

• Like 1

Michael,

you are showing an amazing case load of succesful clinical applications of your method of therapy. Truly awesome stuff. Most of the conditions you are treating seem to be physical pathologies, phisiological malfunctions and trauma and pain. You also say that you are specialized in pain reduction. Even you have mention some cases of anxiety and sexual dysfunction, which has a psychological root most of the times, I am wondering if you could ellaborate more on the application of taoist medicine more on the emotional, psychological and behavioural level. At the spirit level as they say in TCM.

I am thinking in patients with depression, fear, neurosis ar other kind of clinical mental disorder and specially in non clinical treatment of some emotional or spiritual situations that could be more normal like inability to make decisions, lack of assertiveness and self esteem, feelings of being lost or empty, melancholy, excessive worries, etc...Symptoms that are considered and treated energetically in TCM, specially in some styles that focus particularly on the spirit.

Thanks a lot.

Still making my way through this thread, but here is an article which may be of interest to you, Huaco:

N.Y. Times- Sleeping or Not By the Wrong Clock

At times throughout the session my body wanted to get up and move around while projecting. At one point I felt directed to go get some water from the faucet, and as I drank it, I got a vision of oceans and tidal pools, and felt energy rushing through me. After roughly twenty minutes, my friend commented that he was feeling much better, and his improved condition lasted throughout the day. :) It may be partly due to him and I sharing a strong bond, but I was quite surprised, as the healing I peformed that time was more effective than previous instances when I was standing right next to someone. O.o

I think Drew Hempel mentioned that Chunyi Lin has his subjects drink a glass of water before he begins distance healings; hope that's of interest.

I think Drew Hempel mentioned that Chunyi Lin has his subjects drink a glass of water before he begins distance healings; hope that's of interest.

It appears that the water medical qigong method is common across many schools of medical qigong. We use ours a lot and with great results. One of the interesting ones is to watch a person with a severe cold change before your eyes after they have drunk the qi/intent enhanced water.

• Like 1

I have to actually say in many instances - pain is in fact the issue -- it will be the issue that drives a person to see me. Now I am simply treating the pain? No - I am treating the entire person - Mind, Body, and Spirit.

What usually happens is during the energetic exchange I have with the patient -- flash! A light goes on and they will suddenly have a deeper understanding of what the root cause of their pain is and what they really need to be doing with their lives to fullfill their destiny!

This happens all the time. The patient has been treated - I watch as the Sick Qi is eradicated from their body - then they turn and look at me -- here it comes - they have had a realization and need to talk about it. Then we may have another 30 minute discussion over items that are affecting their lives.

This post excites me.

I have exchanged a lot of emails with a friend who has experienced healing at a distance from a psychic (who I believe is in Oregon). My friend could feel the energy moving in his body from his feet upward as the psychic worked. The psychic works for free, and teaches his methodology (probably not for free, but I'm guessing he doesn't make a living at it). After the distance healing, the psychic was able to describe several old injuries my friend had, some of which he had forgotten.

As to the psychic's abilities, the basic method is to pay attention to things that come into the mind before they are understood; the psychic picks up on right-brain perceptions, if you will, prior to left-brain comprehension. This I think Ya-Mu has also described.

Seems like the essence of the healing is a right-brain perception of the patient's own well-being, and of the energy field related to that well-being.

I am thinking, the planet has a well-being, and an energy field related to that well-being, as well. May we rest in the place we find ourselves in! There, I think, is the life I have to lead, such as it may be.

Ya-mu, you mention that stillness is a prerequisite to the Stillness-Movement practice you offer. I have a piece about waking up and falling asleep, and the practice I describe there is picking up on a sense of the location of mind from moment to moment. I think of that as stillness, although there is activity:

"Impact from consciousness in the body I believe is the source of the "hypnagogic myoclonic twitch", which is the involuntary jerk that many people experience as they are dropping off to sleep. This is hypothesized to be a result of the loss of motor control and the association (in the mind) of the loss of motor control with falling. When I sit, I am looking to let go of any action whatsoever, just like falling asleep; I experience subtle contractions in the paired muscles of posture that occur in connection with the sense of place associated with consciousness. This is a hypnic jerk phenomena, that contributes to the alignment of the spine and through the alignment of the spine, to the ability to feel connected with the sense organs.

Moshe Feldenkrais wrote about finding support for the lower spine so that the breath could be continued through shifts in posture. To that end, he recommended exercises to experience the basic motions of pitch, yaw, and roll while sitting on a chair. Hypnic phenomena connected with the place of occurrence of consciousness can initiate all three of these basic motions, as necessary for the support of the lower spine in the movement of breath- and do so solely as a result of the place of occurrence of consciousness from moment to moment."

(my response to humbleone, on the thread "Myth of the Eight Hour Sleep")

Maybe someday I will have the opportunity to learn the practice you teach, or maybe I already know it- you don't mention that you are just helping people to remember something they already know, but I'll bet that's true!

yers, Mark in Sebastopol

Edited by Mark Foote

Just a quick reply.

I have been at many of Michaels seminars and watched as he worked on someone that either came to the seminar or a patient that one of the senior students had brought in -- and as he worked on the patient Michael would make an off-hand comment: "you were about 5 yrs old when the boys were chasing you and you fell off the sidewalk and injure your right ankle (note: the patient hadn't come in to have her right ankle treated nor did she mention it was bothering her).

And yes I have seen this happen over and over again.

Even to me - Michael was opening the energy gates in my wrists - actually I believe my shoulder was what was bothering me. And as he worked on my left wrist - he asked me "what were you doing punching a wall when you were 16 yr old? Good question - I had never told anyone about the incident. It was a bad idea to punch the wall - used my left hand (I am right-handed), hit the stud in the wall, and broke the knuckle on my little finger. Yes - I learned quickly - don't punch walls!

Anyway - my point is that Michael has this amazing ability to see events that have shaped peoples lives - even if those involved had forgotten until he mentioned them.

Thanks,

Kempomaster

• Like 2

Thanks for filling in some of those blanks. I do remember one case of depression you mentioned (a girl who couldn't even leave the house, treatment + qigong practice worked wonders). And someone mentioned Kempomaster's distance healing on a depressed relative. I was curious if there were others.

There are others, but I really don't recall the details. Most of the case histories I posted here were within the last few years of my practice in my current location. Files from other locations are either packed up in storage or have passed the required time that I have to keep them, which varies from state to state. I have been licensed in 3 states and currently am in two. The majority of my cases were physical pain cases referred to me by physicians who knew what I did. Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be early on in my career, when I subcontracted to a physical therapy clinic, I developed a reputation with the local physicians and specialists (neurologists, etc) for being able to help intensely physically injured people. So what followed is up to 14 hr days of medical qigong & Taoist medicine with these type of clients. In other words, psychological clients didn't seek me out so there were not as many in my case files. If I think of some or ever have the opportunity to go through old case histories I will let you know.

I may or may not have posted this one, and it may or may not be the type of case in which you are referring to, but I do remember it due to unique circumstances:

I received a call from distraught parents of a young teenager. Their child had been sneaking out of the house and partying with older teens. After one of these episodes they were brought home the next morning and were completely out of their mind. Parents thought they were still on drugs but the symptoms, instead of wearing off, continued. Not one word uttered by this child made any sense; mostly they went on and on about the garbage truck. So in desperation they brought the young person to me.

This was one of those one-shot deals. After a very long session this teen got up off the table and spoke normally to their parents and didn't exhibit any more symptoms from this episode.

Just a quick reply.

I have been at many of Michaels seminars and watched as he worked on someone that either came to the seminar or a patient that one of the senior students had brought in -- and as he worked on the patient Michael would make an off-hand comment: "you were about 5 yrs old when the boys were chasing you and you fell off the sidewalk and injure your right ankle (note: the patient hadn't come in to have her right ankle treated nor did she mention it was bothering her).

And yes I have seen this happen over and over again.

Even to me - Michael was opening the energy gates in my wrists - actually I believe my shoulder was what was bothering me. And as he worked on my left wrist - he asked me "what were you doing punching a wall when you were 16 yr old? Good question - I had never told anyone about the incident. It was a bad idea to punch the wall - used my left hand (I am right-handed), hit the stud in the wall, and broke the knuckle on my little finger. Yes - I learned quickly - don't punch walls!

Anyway - my point is that Michael has this amazing ability to see events that have shaped peoples lives - even if those involved had forgotten until he mentioned them.

Thanks,

Kempomaster

And I have observed your progression in the Listening; you have gotten very good at it. Good job.

• Like 3

And I have observed your progression in the Listening; you have gotten very good at it. Good job.

Thanks for the reply, Kempomaster.

My hat is off, to you and Michael, for your dedication and your compassionate healing and teaching. Even with the four-leggeds and the winged!

In bringing up the psychic, and I could mention many other traditions of healing, I meant to point out that the particular technique involved is in some ways subordinate to the intuitive reception of the circumstance and the healing approach. I also wanted to emphasize that the place the mind is at the moment is identically the circumstance and the healing approach.

I say this as though I were a healer myself. I'm afraid my own experience is limited to having helped my parents at the very end of their lives to relax a little, and maybe to let go; I don't know. That, and a description that helped a guy get back to sleep, which I would say is a healing imparted by heart-felt words.

I do think that just as your understanding of what it is you are trying to heal makes a difference in your practice, so too an accurate account of what's involved in waking up and falling asleep can make a difference in the way people live their lives, if only to help people to get the rest they need and maybe be more alert.

Thanks for the reply, Kempomaster.

My hat is off, to you and Michael, for your dedication and your compassionate healing and teaching. Even with the four-leggeds and the winged!

In bringing up the psychic, and I could mention many other traditions of healing, I meant to point out that the particular technique involved is in some ways subordinate to the intuitive reception of the circumstance and the healing approach. I also wanted to emphasize that the place the mind is at the moment is identically the circumstance and the healing approach.

I say this as though I were a healer myself. I'm afraid my own experience is limited to having helped my parents at the very end of their lives to relax a little, and maybe to let go; I don't know. That, and a description that helped a guy get back to sleep, which I would say is a healing imparted by heart-felt words.

I do think that just as your understanding of what it is you are trying to heal makes a difference in your practice, so too an accurate account of what's involved in waking up and falling asleep can make a difference in the way people live their lives, if only to help people to get the rest they need and maybe be more alert.

"In bringing up the psychic, and I could mention many other traditions of healing, I meant to point out that the particular technique involved is in some ways subordinate to the intuitive reception of the circumstance and the healing approach. I also wanted to emphasize that the place the mind is at the moment is identically the circumstance and the healing approach."

Indeed, yes, many traditions do utilize this. We don't.

I like what you say about waking up and falling asleep.

"I'm afraid my own experience is limited to having helped my parents at the very end of their lives to relax a little, and maybe to let go; I don't know."

You should know that you indeed made a difference and that this subject is probably one of the overlooked yet needed aspects of healing. To "go in peace" is one of the most profound aspects of ascending medical qigong, which deals with the dying/transition aspect of ourselves.

• Like 1

"Indeed, yes, many traditions do utilize this. We don't."

Wonder what you meant by "I have observed your progression in the Listening"?

Edited by Mark Foote

Wonder what you meant by "I have observed your progression in the Listening"?

In my response to Kempomaster? Exactly that. He is a senior practitioner of this lineage and a senior student with me who has already completed my medical qigong program and is certified by the NQA as well as my school. He, as well as all the students who have graduated from my program, has amazing results and is exceptional at medical qigong.

• Like 1

In my response to Kempomaster? Exactly that. He is a senior practitioner of this lineage and a senior student with me who has already completed my medical qigong program and is certified by the NQA as well as my school. He, as well as all the students who have graduated from my program, has amazing results and is exceptional at medical qigong.

I said: "In bringing up the psychic, and I could mention many other traditions of healing, I meant to point out that the particular technique involved is in some ways subordinate to the intuitive reception of the circumstance and the healing approach."

You said: "Indeed, yes, many traditions do utilize this. We don't."

I said: 'Wonder what you meant by "I have observed your progression in the Listening"?'

So the question was really, if you didn't mean "intuitive reception of the circumstance and healing approach" by "the Listening", what did you mean? I would have thought that "the Listening" meant some kind of intuitive reception of the nature of the circumstance, the illness if you would, and of the path to health- I'm not sure what you meant by "the Listening".

I said: "In bringing up the psychic, and I could mention many other traditions of healing, I meant to point out that the particular technique involved is in some ways subordinate to the intuitive reception of the circumstance and the healing approach."

You said: "Indeed, yes, many traditions do utilize this. We don't."

I said: 'Wonder what you meant by "I have observed your progression in the Listening"?'

So the question was really, if you didn't mean "intuitive reception of the circumstance and healing approach" by "the Listening", what did you mean? I would have thought that "the Listening" meant some kind of intuitive reception of the nature of the circumstance, the illness if you would, and of the path to health- I'm not sure what you meant by "the Listening".

OK,

Your response also included this "I also wanted to emphasize that the place the mind is at the moment is identically the circumstance and the healing approach" and when I say we don't use that I meant that we bypass mind in our system which is a non-linear system.

The "Listening" I refer to is beyond the mental. The best way I know to describe it, and bear in mind it is impossible to describe non-linear events with linear words, is that it is a sub-atomic event beyond time-space that not only represents the moment but "in the moment of the moment"; in other words it is a changing dynamic. "Listening" is the best term I could use to describe an inherent aspect of what I refer to as "Dancing in the Wu Wei". But yes, what is termed intuition can be a part but is not the totality of "Listening".

Basically, this is a concept impossible to conceive or understand until it is learned and applied and goes hand in hand with the practice of Stillness-Movement and is an inherent aspect of Stillness-Movement.

• Like 1

OK,

Your response also included this "I also wanted to emphasize that the place the mind is at the moment is identically the circumstance and the healing approach" and when I say we don't use that I meant that we bypass mind in our system which is a non-linear system.

The "Listening" I refer to is beyond the mental. The best way I know to describe it, and bear in mind it is impossible to describe non-linear events with linear words, is that it is a sub-atomic event beyond time-space that not only represents the moment but "in the moment of the moment"; in other words it is a changing dynamic. "Listening" is the best term I could use to describe an inherent aspect of what I refer to as "Dancing in the Wu Wei". But yes, what is termed intuition can be a part but is not the totality of "Listening".

Basically, this is a concept impossible to conceive or understand until it is learned and applied and goes hand in hand with the practice of Stillness-Movement and is an inherent aspect of Stillness-Movement.

Ok, I follow you. In Cheng Man-Ch'ing's "Thirteen Chapters", he speaks of the stage of heaven, which consists of 1) listening to energy; 2) interpreting energy; 3) perfect clarity. Any relationship?

OK,

I'm talking about the place of occurrence of consciousness, and the impact and ability to feel synonymous with the sense of place associated with consciousness, not the object of mind as the sixth sense organ. That's what I mean by "the place the mind is at the moment".

"humbleone" applied the practice I describe in "waking up and falling asleep" to discover an awareness of the place of his consciousness in the back of his head, and he found a recollection of a dream he had many years ago. Not an experience I have had, but there is something about the sense of location in connection with the occurrence of consciousness from moment to moment, and I suspect it's not so different from Listening, although I wouldn't know. Clearly, I already went so far as to say the place of mind was identically the circumstance and the healing approach, but that is based on my experience healing myself of nothing more than my own ignorance of my body and inability to sit the lotus. I'm embarassed, slightly.