elcaminante

Michael Winn - Opening the Microcosmic Orbit

Hey Santiago,

you said something about the differences between Mantak Chia's practice and Michael Winn.

Winn himself considers that M. Chia's way of teaching the nine formulas is more yang.

But they essentially teach the same thing, The Nine Formulas of Inner Alchemy - dedicated specially for developing the energy and spirit body. Of course they have also health benefits.

I don't know where did you get the idea that he learned it from a different source than Winn. Mind me, I like Chia better than Winn - but I was wondering, since you seem such an honest person, where did you get that story from - just curious.

Thanx

L1

Winn being more Taoist than Chia - that's another thing I'd like you to comment on.

My brother Tao Semko shared info with Lar Short.

Lar told him exactly what was his and what he taught to Mantak.

Lar knows his STUFF.

peace

S

Interesting. But do you have any personal experience with Master Chia?

Also Winn talks about this episode, Mantak learning from Lar Short - in Winn's words, Mantak added a type of phowa projection to the second formula.

Winn prefers developing the energy body inside the physical.

Master Chia prefers developing it outside.

It's not a discussion about who's better, I think it all comes down to destiny and - why not - personal predilection.

I learn Master Chia's practice - there are six or seven years. Not much time, compared to others here. my teacher likes to keep in contact with Master Chia, and studies the way Master Chia has enhanced the body of knowledge that he teaches. The teachings have been evolving over the years - in his own words, that's what makes them living.

I have no quarells about traditionalism or modernism regarding practice, but only interested in efficiency.

Mantak seems to have the exact same mindset.

He has an intriguing and sometimes funny way to go arount things that would bound a practicioner to groups, lineages or organisations. He likes freedom, and a direct connection with the Heavens and Tao.

This is what I make of it up until now. It's my personal view on it, and I hope it can enrich other's.

Peace 2 u 2

L1

Edited by Little1

Interesting. But do you have any personal experience with Master Chia?

Also Winn talks about this episode, Mantak learning from Lar Short - in Winn's words, Mantak added a type of phowa projection to the second formula.

Winn prefers developing the energy body inside the physical.

Master Chia prefers developing it outside.

It's not a discussion about who's better, I think it all comes down to destiny and - why not - personal predilection.

I learn Master Chia's practice - there are six or seven years. Not much time, compared to others here. my teacher likes to keep in contact with Master Chia, and studies the way Master Chia has enhanced the body of knowledge that he teaches. The teachings have been evolving over the years - in his own words, that's what makes them living.

I have no quarells about traditionalism or modernism regarding practice, but only interested in efficiency.

Mantak seems to have the exact same mindset.

He has an intriguing and sometimes funny way to go arount things that would bound a practicioner to groups, lineages or organisations. He likes freedom, and a direct connection with the Heavens and Tao.

This is what I make of it up until now. It's my personal view on it, and I hope it can enrich other's.

Peace 2 u 2

L1

Mantak is good. I have seen many of his students . My 2 favorites are Raven Cohen & Michael Winn.

2 of my teachers studied with Mantak for a short period. The info is not bad. I just feel that what Michael Winn does is slightly more "true" to taoism for what ever that means....

I myself am not TRUE just Tao.

So it doesn't really matter.

Anyhow if you dig Mantak Cool.

He has made great contributions to most Chi kung circles in humanity.

Santiago

For those who are still interested on the links they have been removed, so there is no need to send me more PMs asking for them.

However Ive upload the full video to edonkey, it can be easily found just typing michael winn or open chi flow in the orbit.

If anyone has any doubt I will be more than happy to answer it.

Edited by elcaminante

No I believe he went alone.

Ohh I think I know who it is. See if this picture is him.

ChinaTrip2008074.jpg

I just saw this video and here is what Winn says:

The microcosmic orbit is the most fundamental meditation in Daoist practice. It has been studied for thousands of years. And there are many methods for activating the flow of energy in these channels, up the spine and down the front channel of the body. Most of these practices are sitting practices where the mind is used to focus internally in order to activate the various points around the channel. Chi Kung is a powerful method that can also be used to activate the flow of energy in this orbit. And this is especially suited to Westerners who overuse their minds and are disconnected from the energy within their body.

The movements of this form, which I have evolved over a number of years of practice and study with many different Chi Kung masters, is designed always to find the balance between two polarities. There are only six movements in this form. The first one is ocean breathing. And it is basically to set the stage and center the mind, calm the mind and put the attention inwardly in the lower abdominal area called the Dan Tien or the Cauldron. This is the place where all the meridians in the body cross. If you can connect your mind, breath and movements to this point, it begins to harmonize all the energies in your body.

For the movements, I would like to acknowledge two of my teachers. The second and the third movements have come from a Chinese master in Beijing Bijing Fong [or soemthing like that] who was the head wushu coach of the national team. And the last movement came originally from another Beijing teacher named Liu Hung Chieh and was taught to me by his student B K Frantzis. I have made slight modifications to these movements support the opening of this microcosmic flow.

The video can be bought here.

Edited by SiliconValley

The second and the third movements have come from a Chinese master in Beijing Bijing Fong [or soemthing like that] who was the head wushu coach of the national team.

I believe he is talking about Li Jun Feng, he borrowed a couple forms from his Kuan Yin form. Beautiful person.