mwight

Dark Zen

A friend of mine turned me onto this meditation. I think it is very powerful, and profound. The goal is not to focus on the breath itself, but the mechanism of mind which initiates breathing. So when your breath in and out focus on the mechanism which started the breathing process.

I find it creates a feedback loop, my mind kind of gets stuck in, using consciousness to find its origin... really interesting meditation..

check out their site...

http://www.darkzen.com/dzfaq.html

A friend of mine turned me onto this meditation. I think it is very powerful, and profound. The goal is not to focus on the breath itself, but the mechanism of mind which initiates breathing. So when your breath in and out focus on the mechanism which started the breathing process.

I find it creates a feedback loop, my mind kind of gets stuck in, using consciousness to find its origin... really interesting meditation..

check out their site...

http://www.darkzen.com/dzfaq.html

Interesting ... thanks for this.

Hi,

This is basicially the way i practice is to just soften up and u can feel the body or whatever makes us breath, breath. Its quite a nice feeling to observe and feel it all moving and following where the breath goes and stuff.

Spirit Ape

Most people focus on the reflection (maya) in the mirror, whilst ignoring the actual mirror (mind) itself.

This sounds like focusing on the mirror itself, whilst ignoring the reflection in it.

That's one step deeper..

Of course, the true nature of reality is neither the reflection nor the mirror - but what is being reflected in the mirror. And to experience that, you can't look in the mirror. IOW, it cannot be directly perceived with the mind.

This was the hurdle I could not cross yet. Direct experience without using the mind. ZEN.

I stumbled across the dark zen website myself and thought it seemed interesting. I tried the meditation and noticed a stronger sense of energy within the body than usual. I do wonder whether it's all just the author's egotistical interpretation of things though.