Spirit Ape

Daoist and Tibetan Transmissions

Where's your de? :unsure: dignity, self-respect?.. :unsure: common sense?.. :unsure: something better to do with your time?.. :unsure:

And where's your sense of humour ?!?

:P

YM

And where's your sense of humour ?!?

:P

YM

Where the grass is greener than that which nourishes yours. ;)

Well, it's not for me to say whether it was a transmission, you're a better judge of it. As a general rule though, shifts of consciousness happen WAY more often than transmissions. OK, let me give you one example of what would qualify as a transmission.

[...]

The rest is history -- the Song dynasty ruled for another 150 years till they were conquered by the Mongols -- and the above is an example of a "transmission."

An interesting story!. Well, I think I have a pretty good sense of what you mean by 'transmission' now, and thank you for taking so much time to explain it. I rather think it is different than what I meant, or perhaps more broad. I take my teacher's warning as being against a specific kind of transmission, rather than the more general form of transmission you're describing here. This is all well outside the realm of what I have actually experienced, so I am inclined to reserve further judgement on the subject.