hagar

My fellow trees

My grandmother told me when she was a child a rose talked to her and told her we were all one in the same.

It's a story she told me that stuck with me my whole life.

My grandmother told me when she was a child a rose talked to her and told her we were all one in the same.

It's a story she told me that stuck with me my whole life.

Its funny how the simple things you hear can stick with you forever and have a much more profound effect on you then you first imagined.

Sorry for renewing the question, but I was planning to start a new thread and found this one.

I've been reading recently some Taoist methods of working with a tree. Quite detailed - different levels of interaction (energy exchange, purification etc.), what type, size, age of trees etc.

I usually practice under an old willow tree and tried some of the things today. Which got me even more interested :-)

So my question is for systematic, purposeful practice with a tree.

Otherwise - yes, we all enjoy them and like to be around them. As the book says - they are big, rooted and always in meditation - can't help but love them :-)

Let me know, please, if you use such approaches!

Thanks!

Ahh, yesterday I laid down and took a nap under my favourite birch tree in the autum sun with my son.

When I laid down, I was exhausted and had an oncoming flu.

As I woke up abit later, a sweet calm had entered me. Lying there looking at the leaves, I felt refreshed and at at ease. Then it dawned on me that my tonsils were no longer hurting, and all signs of the flu were gone.

I thanked the tree, and thought what wonderful creatures they are.

A healer I once knew told me that it's good to stand underneath birch trees.

What's your experience with trees?

trees - yes.

i live in the woods on a mountain, thousands of acres walkabout and find just the tree for a siesta.

the meditation i learned really works in deep woods. birch is so fine; also ash, but different, more yang?

I've just started the Ringing Cedars books and while I'm still trying to sort how I feel about them (anyone else here reading them?) the relationship the main character, Anastasia has with plants is wondrous. Especially old Lebanese cedars. Here on the West Coast the native people revered cedar trees and would only harvest fallen ones, or the bark in non destructive ways, killing cedar trees was considered a gross sacriledge.

how did you find those books? I mean quality wise, is it congruent with permaculture?

Edited by Desert Eagle

Trees have been teachers for me.

There is a spot in the corner of my father's property where there is a small patch of trees. When I was a kid I would sneak off and go play there. In my teens I would go there to be by myself and find quite and peace. It was one day in my teens that the trees there taught me to work with my energy. At that time I had no idea of such things, growing up and living in a small town in the southern US where there is not much diversity on spirituality. It wasn't until later I came to understand what was going on.

Also when I was a teenager I was sitting in class at high school. Our teacher had just finished talking and we just started doing some work to ourselves. I looked over out the window and saw a large tree. I watched it for a minute and then I felt a rush of energy up my spine and found myself standing in a meadow surrounded by trees. The colors were so bright except a black sky. I was standing amazed at this. Then I thought to myself that I was sitting in class just a minute ago and with that thought I found myself back at school. I had no idea what happened until many years later.

I am thankful for what the trees have shared with me.