Spectrum

Spontaneous Movement : Form and Formless

Recognizable Spontaneous Qualities

iKEpsJUBnqE

Love the Maoist B us @ 1:0B oy

Edited by Spectrum

Spontaneous Crowd Movement Multiple Attackers Reality Bites

Note: the position of his head, he never looks down.

He turns each attacker away as they enter his ma.

Also note the position the attackers take after the first melee. The Line.

YiKgtZCfTUU

Edited by Spectrum

Old Skool Spontaneous Health Dance Footage

(in love with the film quality footage @ 00:57)

aGs6t-jSFvc

New School Yi Quan Spontaneous Health Dance

(smooth spontaneous calculated: shoulders a little tight: good hips)

j2_JAR3StPQ

Tai Chi Chi Gung Yi Quan Synthesis

(hips a little tight:nice wrist/hand action:

nice combinations of classical elements)

Dz9xhHoiolA

Edited by Spectrum

Hi,

I did some research and found some clips and info on spontaneous qigong related from schools from England, UK. I haven't tried any of them yet, just thought you might find it interesting.

Theres not much cause it's hard finding those kind of clips on the net.

http://www.selfhealing.org.uk

Reference to clips: http://www.shaolin.org.uk/en/index.html

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...007842947302386

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...17097&hl=en

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...29339&hl=en

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...29339&hl=en

Enjoy! :D

ahmed20202: This is really interesting. I'm looking at those videos and finding some similarities in some of the animals forms I've been exposed to. Although the heads are down and it's a more subjective experience for them I will find some examples of similarities and post. Great finds. I remember seeing these a few years ago and not immediately dismissing them because of recognizing something vaguely familiar.

MLQ3Uz4ALb0

gVcU3eYayco

vQEe-6z5UfU

Edited by Spectrum

The "Kunun" practice is from Maoshan Pai. This was told to me first by Chris at the last workshop in NJ.

I'm not sure this not entirely accurate. I know this is what Chris says, but he is taking what Max said which was that Max believes that his Maoshan and his spontaneous chi kung originally came from the same discipline and lineage but that they became separated over time. That is Max's opinion, not a verifiable fact. I'm not saying it's true or untrue what I'm saying is that Max is not saying this as a historical fact. He mentioned this theory to his Maoshan teacher who told him that it is possible. Max also says that the stuff he knows originally came from aliens. It is a theory, not an actual verifiable fact. The same is true with the assertion that all of Max's kunlun is from Maoshan.

The spontaneous qigong of Sifu jenny is (at least now) from a completely different lineage. So Max's Kunlun is a combination of his Maoshan and his spontaneous qigong. and a few other things from different sources.

That's my understanding at least.... Someone should ask Sifu Jenny if her spontaneous qigong is from maoshan. I bet you will get a completely different answer.

Sifu Jenny told Cam that her teacher was Maoshan, and so the practice came from that lineage.

But we can't really ever be sure the story is accurate can we? :lol:

I found some cool videos of old men dancing today. They are posted above. I liked the old china man, saw some classical elements there. Nothing wrong with getting out and flapping those old wings. It's all there. Really.

So please share your photos or videos of spontaneous ie formless movement and it's relationship to form. and likewise, forms relationship to formlessness. good stuff.

Sifu Jenny told Cam that her teacher was Maoshan, and so the practice came from that lineage.

Cap'n Crunch Telephony

Kids Playing a Game

Monkey Hear Say

Monkey Seeee

Monkey Doo

Hey Scotty

Beam Me

& stf Up

Get To

The

R

o

o

T

Edited by Spectrum

I stand corrected. That is very interesting. did she say if it was Shang Ch'ing?

I'm not sure if it's Shang Ching exactly...this is just hearsay because I saw Cam posted it before. I wasn't there to listen to the conversation, and I don't know if Maoshan is exactly Shang Ching.

Spectrum,

I recently was thinking of taking another spontaneous video, if I got a good one, but dude come on...you just told me to "stf up". I've never actually been mean to you, so I don't know where all your bitchiness is coming from. Talk to me like a human being instead of whatever concept you have of me, please.

Spectrum,

I recently was thinking of taking another spontaneous video, if I got a good one, but dude come on...you just told me to "stf up". I've never actually been mean to you, so I don't know where all your bitchiness is coming from. Talk to me like a human being instead of whatever concept you have of me, please.

& that's not all I said. You missed the point. I'm not trying to be mean to you. Really. I'm doing my best to present as much information in as small of a space as possible. Singling out dualities doesn't mean you have to see the cup half empti. Please.

I don't have time to be rude for the sake of being rude. I have not historically been that way, nor do I intend to take it up as a way of expressing myself. If I may ask Xeno here: r u being a dick for calling Max a hjack off artist? I don't think that's mean, I think that means Max is a jack off artist. Literally. lol.

I understand empathetically you seem grounded, acting the part of the samaritan, I understand, unfortunately for me, I don't have time to dick around. No pun intended. lol. really. I'm laughing. It's funny. Life is to short.

Lets get the wordk done and enjoy a good meal as friends.

Edited by Spectrum

Sifu Jenny told me her teacher in China is Maoshan.

She is still researching the practice herself. she is a Scholar so isn't going to say much without doing alot of homework first.

Cam

Sifu Jenny told me her teacher in China is Maoshan.

She is still researching the practice herself. she is a Scholar so isn't going to say much without doing alot of homework first.

Cam

Do you like honey in your tea Camomile? Rumor has it some of Maxs teachers arn't from around these parts.

Who what when where why. Jenny is no acception. Maxie is leading you on. Those who follow chase. Stand Firm. Formlessness works out the yah yahs, once that's done, its wise to start punching the bag everyonce in a while. That way you don't lose ground. xoxo

To stay on topic: Can anyone think of a spontaneous time when you come up on k-1?

Edited by Spectrum

I feel Kunlun most all of the time. But it's mostly internal.

When I sit down to practice after seeing Jenny my movements have opened up alot.

Best wishes to everyone

I'm not sure if it's Shang Ching exactly...this is just hearsay because I saw Cam posted it before. I wasn't there to listen to the conversation, and I don't know if Maoshan is exactly Shang Ching.

Shang Ch'ing is the original Mao Shan, but not all Mao Shan is Shang Ch'ing...

Hey SpiritTao,

Those are really questions you should adress to Jenny in person if you see her. Or you might try and email her and explain your backround.

I think it would be better if the Kunlun questions stop here and definetly stop on this thread. It is Spectrum's thread about Spontaneous Movement after all. I think the videos he has put up here are great. That last one with the old man is a blast!

Cam

Edited by Cameron

I feel Kunlun most all of the time. But it's mostly internal.

When I sit down to practice after seeing Jenny my movements have opened up alot.

Best wishes to everyone

Cam could you describe that feeling? Has it changed or transformed how you spontaneously deal with problem solving day to day?

Edited by Spectrum

Like how you felt on Christmas morning as a kid only for no apparent reason :)

Energetically it feels like a profound joyful feeling that seemes to emerge from the tan tiens. It's empty or rather the space the feeling comes from feels empty but full of energy. The sense of a deep harmony and connection existing between "inside" and "outside" is also there.

Like the old metaphor, feeling like a drop of water in the ocean. Connected, loving. I had similar feelings with standing meditation and zazen which I did for years. But Kunlun practice feels more amplified. Like you just can't fight the feeling or make it go away.

There is also a powerful magnetic aspect to it. But the main thing that has arisen in my spontaneous Kunlun practice since seeing Jenny is much greater feeling of connection with the feminine aspect.

Edited by Cameron

I think it would be better if the Kunlun questions stop here and definetly stop on this thread. It is Spectrum's thread

:blink: ??? I was responding to someone else's answer to someone else's question... I didn't bring up the kunlun issue. I also didn't realize that people could own threads... Last time I checked, kunlun IS spontaneous movement. I think I have as much right to follow the flow of a thread as the next person and ask questions that are brought up from within the thread. Things are getting very wierd and pissy around here lately....

:lol:

Sorry man. I meant since you have actual, personal training in Maoshan it would be a waste of time for me to talk about it with you. You would need to ask her about it.

You can post anywhere and as much as you like of course.