witch

Thoth question

From wikipedia

"In Egyptian mythology, Hathor (Pronounced Hah-Thor) (Egyptian for house of Horus) was originally a personification of the Milky Way, which was seen as the milk that flowed from the udders of a heavenly cow. "

Hathor is known for cheering up Ra by her lewd naked comical dancing.

Now really, I am what you would call a dildo expert, and I have never ever seen a dildo with crossbars. This is Hathor's sistrum

sistrum.jpg

Well, that's my point. If true immortality is very spiritual and esoteric, then Hathor has nothing to do with that, because she is neither spiritual nor esoteric. She is the goddess of things, for example makeup and beer. She was very fond of turquoise and other pretty stones like lapis. She was honored by getting really drunk and dancing around for a long time.

And by the way, I don't understand why there is all this esoteric symbolism about the ankh. The ankh is OBVIOUSLY a sistrum, Hathor's sacred instrument.

I mean exactly that too. For me the physical is the spiritual.

Ipy came to me one time, although I thought it was Taweret. It was a difficult time for me, one of the most difficult times of my life, and Taweret came to me and said, "Take hope. Be patient, Hathor is helping you and you will come through this." That's why I follow Hathor. I didn't know who she was.

The distinction between "spiritual and esoteric" and "things" was/is not universal. Sexuality, drunkeness, dayjobs etc. can and have at times all be/been "spiritual things. Hathoor was at times a goddess of fertility, of lust alone, of the sun and diverse other things. She was combined with and separated from various other goddesses at various times. You know as well as anyone that sex is both spiritual and physical, not one or the other (this is likely why you feel so close to Hathoor in the first place).

As for the Ankh, it was likely lots of things (a sandal strap, sexual organs etc.). Though its "esoteric" symbolism comes from the fact that the Egyptians used it as an amulet and symbol of power for their gods. Whether it began as an "instrument" of power that exalted the human spirit (which the Egyptians saw as having multiple parts including the physical body) through song, or a depiction of a union of "organs" that exalted the spirit through sexual bliss, the symbol has been handed down with deep and broad reaching meaning.

Now really, I am what you would call a dildo expert, and I have never ever seen a dildo with crossbars. This is Hathor's sistrum

sistrum.jpg

It's a Kartika, which is a Tibetan ritual object:

3ab1_1.jpg

As for musical instruments (what is the image really saying?):

079-sarasvati-1b-400-1.jpg

Patrick

Are you suggestingthat the vajra cutter is a dildo?

Wouldn't this be a little painful?

The only problem with that is that Hathor (Gold) doesn't bring immortality.

Hmmmm...or maybe it does. Hathor is increased by consumption of omega-3 fatty acids. Scarab beetle paste that the ancient Egyptians used to eat, particularly women to help with fertility, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids help with fertility, female sexuality, and are positively correlated with longer life worldwide--the countries with the highest omega-3 fatty acid intakes have the longest-living populations. When the typical age of death was less than 40 years old, perhaps living until 90 would seem like immortality.

But that's not the sort of immortality that taoists are chasing after, it's just good health.

Now see, I disagree with that. Forcing things into some sort of artificial unity loses the particularity of the things.

I think you are falling into the trap of focusing on only the physical element of gold. The Taoist immortal medicine, Jing Tan, 金丹, is called the "Golden Elixir" which is the result of the internal alchemical process of purifying and integrating the base elements of Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water into one unified energy. This immortal medicine can literally be percieved as a golden light that infuses one's being.

Again my point that many of the external alchemical formulae in both the western and eastern traditions are instead internal instructions.

Yes, it's an Egyptian incense that was also used as a medicine. It contains honey and raisins. :)

Thoth told me it was time to show some love! :unsure::rolleyes::lol:

Hi Witch,

Thoth is also connected to selenite crystal ... check out www.theliquidcrystals.com ...

-AK