Sign in to follow this  
orb

The Truth about 6 pack

Body Gaurd work is slow these days since i refuse to work with rappers at this stage in my life. However the royals should be back in town soon.

For some reason i find this really funny. :lol:

For some reason i find this really funny. :lol:

well....some people prefer to "act" like they are thugs when in reality they are from suburbia. So their "act" causes trouble with those that truly are "thug".

So the bodygaurd ends up doing more work than what its worth per/hour.

I am on the Qigong belly side.

When my teacher and his colleague (both kickboxers) asked their Taichi teacher in Beijing (master Chen Xiang) "it is possible to develop internal strength Dantian AND having a six pack in the same time" he laughed and said: forget about six pack if you want internal power.

My teacher choose the Qigong belly, his colleague choose the six pack way...

When I first saw my teacher and I saw his belly I thought he is lazy and doesn't exercise. At that time I was a fanatic about six pack, but when i felt that with his fingers he easily can stab me into my liver or stomach while his belly was hard as a rock, then he showed me how to keep the abdomen inflated like a balloon and how to cultivate it I totally forgot about six pack. Even today I can tense my abs and still see the six packs but I sincerely assure you it has none other purpose than good looking.

Qigong belly - Dantian - looks like a beer gut but has nothing to do with beer, it feels soft when relaxed and hard as a basketball when hit. Someone who cultivated Dantian for a long time (like master Chen Xiang) you can feel a hard ball inside the soft/relaxed belly which can be moved inside the abdomen and thorax, he could even move the hard ball up to the throat.

As an example in the MMA world is Chuck Liddell that I suspect he is practicing/using Iron Shirt by the way he is keeping the belly during the fights.

4862-Liddell_vs_Wanderlei.jpg

forgot to mention Fedor Emilianenko which is undefeated undisputed champion at this moment ...

Edited by steam

T81,

Proof is in the pudding. A real true internal iron body is soft when not tense like baby body and like iron when tensed.

That includes the belly.

By the way.....My "Baby" belly passed all the state FL Police Physical requirements (run, swim, obstacle test & calisthenics) with out much effort. I also hopped 6ft wall without issue at all. I did better than most of the clowns with the 6 pak and sculpted biceps and muscles etc...If you have internal conditioning you have health.

My Avatar should give you insight to internal "ABS".

Santiago

Then, again, as noted above, you likely aren't walking around with a tub of lard hanging from your gut. "gorilla abs" are still abs. It doesn't sound like you have a beer gut. Most people, if they are in decent physical shape and lose the fat that most people carry around, they will have enough definition to their abs that it would count as a "six pack" (i.e. you could make out the individual sections of their rectus abdominis muscles). If you are fit and are carrying a load of lard then good for you, but you are in the bottom .0001% of the population that can do so.

All that said, none of the above was meant or phrased as and attack at you or your physique. No one here can comment on the "wellness" of anyone without seeing them and examining them assuming said person had the training to do physical examination. Come on, Sumo wrestlers look like they are unhealthy tubs of fat, but few men could hold their own in a ring with them. All any of it was intended to point out was that most people (repeat MOST, not ALL) who have guts, have them because their diet and/or exercise routine is lacking. Most people if they have a decent diet and exercise regularly will see definition in their abdominals. Again, there is a difference between a person with a "qi belly" (supposedly at least) and a lard ass. The "qi belly" is likely the result of exercising mostly the internal abdominals while mostly neglecting the external (again, breath exercises can work both if the practitioner so chooses), whereas the lard ass is due to either reeeaaally bad genes or laziness and gluttony.

that or chuck liddell drinks beer on his spare time

which do you suspect?

Chuck-Liddell-0305c2.jpg

six pack for posing... for the ladies

check his fights how he keeps the abdomen ;)

Rampage making fun of Liddell:

cM6Yv9a96j4

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by steam

A truth about the 6 pack is that on guys its only starts getting defined as total body fat shrinks below 10%. Before that abdomenal exercises will strengthen the muscle under the fat. Keeping body fat % that low is against many people's genetic norm. ie they can do it, but its fighting against themselves.

From what I've seen top level guys have chi belly's. In the MMA a really strong back means real power, chiseled abs mean a potential poser (literally). Away from civilization top tribal hunters are in no way chiseled like hollywood but have phenomenal power and stamina.

There's nothing wrong w/ a 6 pack, it shows dedication and hard dieting, but it's not the sign of real strength and fitness it appears to be.

Michael

True it takes dedication to have 6 pack.

But does it have anything to do with real Internal Power?

It just looks good

But it does not in any way relax the dan tien and diaphragm the way a chi belly will.

I have guys in my class that are bigger & physically stronger and with 6 packs. But My Chubbies in class hit and hurt harder with much more relaxation and less stress & less stiffness.

Kung Fu Panda is the way to go : )

Obviously one should be with moderation about fat and food etc. But A chi Belly is not a BAD thing. And if you really want to get far with internal work you might want to allow the diaphragm to expand and contract equally as you breath.

When you have a guy with real "iron Belly"

He can hurt your finger or fist if you hit his gut.

WangShujin could break peoples spine with his belly!

Some masters could lay on their back and flip a coin off their dan tien and make it hit the ceiling.

Choice is yours...chisled abs.....or REAL abs.

Also I having a chi belly does not affect your game with the ladies.

If you have Chi they will feel and be attracted.

Peace

Santiago

well, this thread really wasn't about internal power or anything internally related at all; it was about a book.

i also consume over 130g of fat on a daily basis and i'm losing weight

well, this thread really wasn't about internal power or anything internally related at all; it was about a book.

i also consume over 130g of fat on a daily basis and i'm losing weight

this is after all "taobumbs" :) taoist internal will creep into all aspects.

Sign in to follow this