Patrick Brown

Drug Induced Enlightenment?

cool. sounds like a good experience. I must say that my experiences with non-organic drugs such as L-25 that have been reported as enlightening, have only been ego detachment tools. When you become sober, you still have your ego, but now you have a choice to act through it or not. Anyway, I think all drugs can do this, such as your experience, you detached from your ego to experience the natural state of bliss that the ego covers up. But the only drugs that can really raise consciousness as well as give non-egotistical perspective are those that contain the spirit of mother earth. Unlike indoor grown mushrooms, only outdoor naturally occuring. Just my opinion, that's all, nothing more.

Edited by Pranaman

Depending on the substance they can make great pointing out tools and shake up fixed patterns, but they are just another tool. IMHO.

Regarding drugs inducing enlightenment.....

As far as I know, you don't come down from enlightenment.

As far as I know, you don't come down from enlightenment.

:)...wonderful comment. True, but not entirely based on my experience...for what its worth...my experience with CCAs (crown center awarenesses), which release DMT, has been that the awareness of said experiences and, and this is the important part, the insight of said experiences, is damped by the duration of time which passes from it. I have to presume that this is due to a combination of spiritual failings on my part and the cumulative influence of the societal world that exists outside of them. I'd like to think that the latter is more responsible, but ultimately, I know better.

Not like a drug experience which are (in my experience) recollectable for brief and discreet highlights of longer, apparently substance induced memory handicapping experiences. CCAs are exquisitely recollectable in every detail...the beauty and majesty of the Tao is humbling beyond words, as is the simultaneously overwhelming sense of loneliness and belonging...I strongly suspect that there is some "normally" not utilized neurological communication along rarely used pathways between cerebral hemispheres that accounts for the simultaneous sense of revelation yet familiarity...it's only one's mind informing one through it's own (albeit remarkable) neurochemical mechanism after all. The lessons learned are...no other way to describe it...mind (read:awareness) altering...and this is my point...the altering, in my experience, is temporary, and diminishes with time from the experience. I know that this is why the Holy One's retreat to cultivate self sans worldly influences.

For now, I'll continue to seek to achieve "within society" constant Bodhisattva awareness without, or if need be, with the aid of CCA reminders :).

Offered with the sincere hope that the information is of use to some, or one.

But blessings to all.

xeno

Offered with the sincere hope that the information is of use to some, or one.

I always enjoy reading your posts, brother. Your energy walks the talk. :)

...I strongly suspect that there is some "normally" not utilized neurological communication along rarely used pathways between cerebral hemispheres that accounts for the simultaneous sense of revelation yet familiarity...it's only one's mind informing one through it's own (albeit remarkable) neurochemical mechanism after all. The lessons learned are...no other way to describe it...mind (read:awareness) altering...and this is my point...the altering, in my experience, is temporary, and diminishes with time from the experience. I know that this is why the Holy One's retreat to cultivate self sans worldly influences.

Xeno,

Fascinating account. Let me also add that your wisdom has been appreciated over the years.

E

I jest not when I tell you my friend has just pointed out that I have deadly nightshade growing in the front garden! No I won't be messing with it.

:(