Sign in to follow this  
passenger1980

Problem (or not)

Since last Wednesday, i started seeing more vivid colors. :o

Yes, just like that, i was working in my office, and suddenly i started noticed how reds, greens, yellows, blues and all those strong looking colors came alive. It's an amazing experience, i don't have any double vision or blurring, in fact, i see even more sharper than before (i don't have any eyes problems either, don't wear glasses). The whole visual world looks stunning, i'm like a child again.

However, it's really making me anxious, because i'm clearly seeing the difference between before and after. This is not normal. Will this going away anytime soon? What if tomorrow instead of seeing perfectly vivid colors and textures i just don't get to see anything anymore?. I checked for medical symptoms like this on the net, and of course, they don't exist...

Now, i'm not on drugs, i did experiment with Marihuana and LSD (smoked less than 10 cigarettes in my life, and i took LSD once, like more than a year ago, and not that much, just enough to get this kind of visual stuff, plus the whole euphoric experience, with a couple of friends. I haven't used drugs for more than a year, and even then, i didn't anything that hard or that much as i mentioned.

Anyone had a similar experience, or would like to give me some advice? I meditate using vipassana and samatha techniques, for about half an hour or an hour a day, before going to sleep. I also practice mindfulness during the day. It also seems that lately i've been able to go deeper and get more clarity in meditation, which i don't know if its related. I would really appreciate any input on this, thanks.

The only problem I see is

However, it's really making me anxious, because i'm clearly seeing the difference between before and after. This is not normal.

"don't panic" I've had meditation do some really strange things to my vision, granted not what you describe, and I have sometimes thought that I might be going a little insane :) Scary at the time. I've often thought "this isn't normal"

Seeing colours (or the world) as more "alive" sounds like a good thing, as long as it is not disturbing you too much. I would link this with the improvement in the depth of your meditation, not old drug experiences.

Since last Wednesday, i started seeing more vivid colors. :o

Yes, just like that, i was working in my office, and suddenly i started noticed how reds, greens, yellows, blues and all those strong looking colors came alive. It's an amazing experience, i don't have any double vision or blurring, in fact, i see even more sharper than before (i don't have any eyes problems either, don't wear glasses). The whole visual world looks stunning, i'm like a child again.

However, it's really making me anxious, because i'm clearly seeing the difference between before and after. This is not normal. Will this going away anytime soon? What if tomorrow instead of seeing perfectly vivid colors and textures i just don't get to see anything anymore?. I checked for medical symptoms like this on the net, and of course, they don't exist...

Now, i'm not on drugs, i did experiment with Marihuana and LSD (smoked less than 10 cigarettes in my life, and i took LSD once, like more than a year ago, and not that much, just enough to get this kind of visual stuff, plus the whole euphoric experience, with a couple of friends. I haven't used drugs for more than a year, and even then, i didn't anything that hard or that much as i mentioned.

Anyone had a similar experience, or would like to give me some advice? I meditate using vipassana and samatha techniques, for about half an hour or an hour a day, before going to sleep. I also practice mindfulness during the day. It also seems that lately i've been able to go deeper and get more clarity in meditation, which i don't know if its related. I would really appreciate any input on this, thanks.

What kind of training or meditation have you been doing recently ?? to get this result this is something that I would love to achieve or at least experiment briefly.

Regards

Are your pupils dilated?

Chinese medicine has a few reasons for dilated pupils, the only one of which might pertain to you is called an upward disturbance of Hun. Hun is basically the spiritual drive, diametric to Po, the earthly drive. Liver is the home of Hun, and strong liver qi manifests as bright, clear eyes. Not just bright and clear looking, but bright and clear seeing. Now if your pupils are dilated, that means the liver qi is burning beyond its means (think mushrooms, LSD, and other eye dilating, spirit activating drugs). If your pupils aren't dilated that means your liver qi is strong but still kept in check by the Po.

If your eyes aren't dilated then bright colors is a good sign of progress.

Edited by 松永道

Are your pupils dilated?

Chinese medicine has a few reasons for dilated pupils, the only one of which might pertain to you is called an upward disturbance of Hun. Hun is basically the spiritual drive, diametric to Po, the earthly drive. Liver is the home of Hun, and strong liver qi manifests as bright, clear eyes. Not just bright and clear looking, but bright and clear seeing. Now if your pupils are dilated, that means the liver qi is burning beyond its means (think mushrooms, LSD, and other eye dilating, spirit activating drugs). If your pupils aren't dilated that means your liver qi is strong but still kept in check by the Po.

Yes that sounds spot on as we all know that alcohol make peoples eyes glazed/shiny but most people don't realise that very large quantities of alcohol makes colours seem very bright.

Thanks very insightful.

Are your pupils dilated?

My eyes have been 'naturally' dilated for as long as I can remember - well before any drug consumption. Distrubing to read this :huh:

Next time I go to my shiatsu lady, I will ask her to focus on my poor liver.

passenger1980, the vividness of colours is something I too have experienced through my practices. Particularly when practicing the Kum Nye. I believe it has to do with energies flowing differently within your body, much as Patrick said. The new activity is almost certainly stimulating the areas of the brains that process vision. I would say that it is not a problem and that it may, or may not, settle down over time. Let us know how your vision is tomorrow - it'd be nice to see what a good night's sleep does :P

Thank you,

James

Edited by .broken.

Are your pupils dilated?

Thank you all for your replies. Well it still continues, and seems to be permanent (remember it started on Wesnesday last week). The difference is notorious as i'm constantly remainded of my clear vision, but i'm still very anxious because like i said, i'm experience something weird, and for a lot of days now.

I've already checked my pupils and are not dilated, they are normal i guess. I'm still pretty clueless about this, as many of you. I guess time will tell, if it goes away or if i get used to it...

I haven't been doing any power meditation in particular, just samatha and vipassana as i mentioned, although i did notice achieving more profound and deep states lately.

Sign in to follow this