SFJane

Dark Night of the Soul

If you mean therapy, well, I had been in therapy since I was 8 until I was 18. I really was not ready to talk about it all so I did not get any work done during that time.

If you mean identifying the cause of a block? How does identifying it make it go away?

I don't mean despiritualized secular psychology. Which often runs in logical circles without getting to the root of the problem. And then prescribes happy pills to numb the pain.

I mean, let's say you're irrationally afraid of water. You trace it back to a past life where you drowned. You then clear it, and recognize that you're no longer at risk for that in your current context today. And so, you lose that fear.

Basically, a lot of our blocks are leftover reactions to stimuli that no longer exist. So, when you realize that they no longer exist, it's easy to release that reactive block.

Kind of like the movie "In Bruges" which I just watched. You're not sure if he dies at the end -- and so it is in the Oz Effect: Are we conscious of that which we don't remember? Being unconscious just means not being aware of consciousness, while the latter creates and enables the Oz Effect. The former is the tunnel or gate which is traversed -- literally a black hole.

Consider the CERN experiments for mini-blackholes. As James Blodgett notes CERN admits there's a .001 chance of the black holes expanding through a chain reaction which would then vaporize the planet. Blodgett notes that the physicists consider .001 chance to be nonexistant. Yet as a statistician Blodgett emphasizes that a .001 chance is what the space shuttle encounters with each voyage but a .001 chance would not be allowed for a commerical airplane, nevertheless physicists are allowing that risk level for the WHOLE PLANET. Blodgett has debated the CERN physicists and Blodgett contacted me after I posted a message online several years ago noting that astronomer Timothy Ferris had this to say on the CERN mini-blackholes: There's a very slight chance the planet could be destroyed but it if happens no one will know it happened. The Oz Effect for the whole planet.

And so science operates as a huge unconscious repression of oppressive technology which the scientists then project back onto the planet as a whole. The Oz Effect is just one example of how a human experiencing occult high-tech would also become unaware of the black hole tunnel traversed into another dimension of spacetime. Usually the experience is then made conscious through hypnosis -- just as Buddhist master Nan, Huai-chin details paradoxically there are "different levels of empty awareness." And so science also justifies the possible vaporization of the planet as a necessary risk to eventually enable the whole universe to "evolve" through the advances in scientific technology. But as Sri Ramana Maharshi states about consciousness -- nondual awareness: "There is no evolution." That's the difference between awareness as electromagnetic perception and consciousness as its own reality beyond spacetime.

Yes.

Thank you Jane, for sharing yourself with us.

Michael :)

You are very welcome good sir.

That will be $2000 U.S payable in cash to my PO box

For another $1000 I throw in the real secrets

;)

I mean, let's say you're irrationally afraid of water. You trace it back to a past life where you drowned. You then clear it, and recognize that you're no longer at risk for that in your current context today. And so, you lose that fear.

Basically, a lot of our blocks are leftover reactions to stimuli that no longer exist. So, when you realize that they no longer exist, it's easy to release that reactive block.

My point is, it is all well and good to know that some energy blocks inside you might be poor posture, old wounds, toxins, bad memories, traumas, past lives. But so what? It is not necessary that every blockage inside you be cataloged, categorized and shelved with a label. You can sit around pondering forever what your problem may or may not be or how it got there but that is not going to help you get rid of it.

Fixed

Edited by SFJane

Fixed
True, I suppose you don't HAVE to know the origin of an energetic block to clear it...but it just seems that much more efficient and effective.

To me, just doing the energetics without psychology is like just doing psychology without energetics. You are essentially cutting your effectiveness in half. So, why not do both together?

Because, let's face it, every energy block has a causation. They aren't there "just cuz." So, I find it very therapeutic to find the reason behind them. But if you eliminate this psychological aspect, then that's what I define as making the process more "mechanical" and less "personal."

Whereas I believe that underneath every energetic block lies a personal issue. And the issue is like a speedboat, while the block is the turbulent wake it leaves.

Edited by vortex

Oh... so the whole ordeal was a gom jabbar test, what d'you reckon?

Haha in some ways. It was a contest between animal and human, between limbic system and the frontal lobe

Alternately it had some elements akin to The Agony with the pervasive sense of doom the urge to die the internal psychological pain, grappling with toxic substances inside my mind and body, the feeling that you are not going to make it and there is no coming back, becoming motedom, dismantling poisonous commands and rendering them harmless, building a new control cell by cell

Aint sci fi great? Frank Herbert made a better guide than some of the crap in the self help section today. Some folks gain inspiration from Neale Donald Walsh or Castaneda, I prefer The Sisterhood

Okay. Is there a time limit on this offer.

Nah, I'll tell you what Michael. You can pay me in the next life if and onlyyou attain liberation in this one. otherwise keep your money. ;)

just buy my book when it comes out

It's very interesting that a thread on the Dark Night of the Soul should transform into a discussion of cunnilingus ... I like it

It did contrast weirdly with the subject matter but I am not shooting sparks off over it :) I like pussy as much as the next girl.....it's an acquired taste.

Jane, thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful thread .

Most humble,

James

Don't sweat it, you are welcome.

I can't participate as much as some of you folks so,.. I try to make it worth reading ;)

Deal. Please give me some advance notice about your book - I'd like a signed first edition. It's sure to be a classic best seller.

Hugs, Michael :)

Frank Herbert is teacher of mine as well

James Clavell is great too

Thanks Jane

The Saudakar were forged by Salusa Secundus -

An enemy can sometimes be more valuable than a friend -

You would like the book King Rat by James Clavell Jane - and well if you were patient and like ancient Japanese culture- History and a touch of romance you will love Shogun

Edited by Upfromtheashes

Kind of like the movie "In Bruges" which I just watched. You're not sure if he dies at the end -- and so it is in the Oz Effect: Are we conscious of that which we don't remember? Being unconscious just means not being aware of consciousness, while the latter creates and enables the Oz Effect. The former is the tunnel or gate which is traversed -- literally a black hole.

Consider the CERN experiments for mini-blackholes. As James Blodgett notes CERN admits there's a .001 chance of the black holes expanding through a chain reaction which would then vaporize the planet. Blodgett notes that the physicists consider .001 chance to be nonexistant. Yet as a statistician Blodgett emphasizes that a .001 chance is what the space shuttle encounters with each voyage but a .001 chance would not be allowed for a commerical airplane, nevertheless physicists are allowing that risk level for the WHOLE PLANET. Blodgett has debated the CERN physicists and Blodgett contacted me after I posted a message online several years ago noting that astronomer Timothy Ferris had this to say on the CERN mini-blackholes: There's a very slight chance the planet could be destroyed but it if happens no one will know it happened. The Oz Effect for the whole planet.

And so science operates as a huge unconscious repression of oppressive technology which the scientists then project back onto the planet as a whole. The Oz Effect is just one example of how a human experiencing occult high-tech would also become unaware of the black hole tunnel traversed into another dimension of spacetime. Usually the experience is then made conscious through hypnosis -- just as Buddhist master Nan, Huai-chin details paradoxically there are "different levels of empty awareness." And so science also justifies the possible vaporization of the planet as a necessary risk to eventually enable the whole universe to "evolve" through the advances in scientific technology. But as Sri Ramana Maharshi states about consciousness -- nondual awareness: "There is no evolution." That's the difference between awareness as electromagnetic perception and consciousness as its own reality beyond spacetime.

leave it to Drew to interject with some unrelated technobabble

lol :lol:

get out of your head man!

Frank Herbert is teacher of mine as well

James Clavell is great too

Thanks Jane

The Saudakar were forged by Salusa Secundus -

An enemy can sometimes be more valuable than a friend -

You would like the book King Rat by James Clavell Jane - and well if you were patient and like ancient Japanese culture- History and a touch of romance you will love Shogun

time is always an issue but I love reading, I love Japanese culture and I love dramas, romance, epics, etc

It seems my grandparents had all Clavell's books on their shelves when I was a kid. I was too much into my Anne McCaffrey, Jennifer Robertson, Orson Scott Card and Frank Herbert back then.

I did look up King Rat and it's premise and I remember vaguely what Shogun was about. I'd probably enjoy both now that I am older. Thanks!

Yes, the entire Dune series is chock full of wisdom packaged as fantasy and futuristic fiction.

The Sardaukar, hardened by Selusa Secundus, only matched by the Fremen hardened by life on Dune.

Adversity forges strength in the survivors.

I remember as a young teen on my own without access to big money or big name teachers I was trying to teach myself all the mind body spiritual stuff.

I tried to reverse engineer the Bene Gesserit Training Manual and I tried to teach myself, one muscle twitch at a time, Prana Bindu discipline.

I spent a lot of time in forced isolation as a kid, I had all the time in the world to live in fantasy one.

My secret wish back then was to grow up to become a Reverend Mother

"Without change, something sleeps deep inside us and seldom awakens."

Duke Leto Atreides addressing his son

True, I suppose you don't HAVE to know the origin of an energetic block to clear it...but it just seems that much more efficient and effective.

I think AugustLeo has said it succinctly enough that I could pass on further comment

For me, speculating about the cause just gets in the way of dissolving. Dissolving is my focus. Thoughts about the cause of an obstruction are just something else to dissolve. For me.

That really is the best approach in my experience, it is the attitude which will yield the best results long term.

But what the heck, there is a few more things I could add.

I think I understand what you are driving at. What you are talking about, in one way is a kind of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

Here is a simple example of CBT in action.

Patient "I am worthless, I am stupid, I never do anything right"

Therapist "Well you are intelligent, you are working on your degree, who told you you were worthless? How do you know?"

Patient " Hmm"

Therapist "Who told you you were worthless? Did it happen today? When did you first learn you were worthless?"

Patient "mmm"

Patient "Well, no one recently"

Therapist "Then when did you learn you were worthless and how do you know you are worthless?"

Patient" You know, now that I trace it back, I remember my mother telling me that over and over again."

Therapist " It became part of your identity. You accepted it unconsciously and all your life, deep down, you have thought of yourself as worthless but is it true given all that you have accomplished and all that you are capable of?"

Patient "No....."

Therapist "You internalized the negative criticisms from your mother, but now that you give it honest examination, you can find plenty of worth so you are not really worthless are you?"

Patient "No I guess not"

Patient gradually *releases* the label of worthlessness with a cognitive understanding of where that *block* came from and that it does not apply.

Patient uses rationalization and introspection to *think* their way out of a habitually self harming, self limiting personality *block*

So, along the lines of classical therapy, identifying, understanding and rationalizing some problems help one to move on and create new empowering cognitions about themselves or grant freedom from those mental chains.

Sure. I am not going to argue that therapy (figuring out your problems) can be useful in mental health treatment. Far from it, it is the mainstay of psychology and much more effective at long term resolution than being drugged into oblivion forevermore (psychiatry).

However it does not work for everything, and if you tried to *psychology* all your issues you could possibly be at it for the rest of your life. The chains of cause and effect and the hierarchy of primacy with psycho emotional issues can be so complex and so deep that you could be contemplating the nature of your problems without a clear answer to some of them forever. The whole time you are futilely tracing causes, you could have been dissolving them out for good.

To me, just doing the energetics without psychology is like just doing psychology without energetics. You are essentially cutting your effectiveness in half. So, why not do both together?

Because, let's face it, every energy block has a causation. They aren't there "just cuz." So, I find it very therapeutic to find the reason behind them.

Whereas I believe that underneath every energetic block lies a personal issue.

You are right, they are not just there 'cuz'. Of course you find it therapeutic to find a reason for them. That is human nature at it's finest. We demand answers and the sooner we can label, categorize and tag everything to our satisfaction the more we feel we know about the world. To want to know and to feel better with the knowing means you are a homo sapien!

I am going to give you two prime examples from my own life and experience that I hope should illuminate the ultimate folly of that approach.

My stepfather was mentally ill and a child abuser. He was a rageaholic. Loved the power of the dark side from working himself up into a good angry. He had a pattern of coming home angry every day from work and had a cube delivery van and he would slam the door shut when he got out. Soon after he walked in the beatings and the screaming began anew.

In time we became conditioned to the repetitive door slam to imminent beatings like Pavlov's dogs. Eventually, we started to panic before the beatings began due to expectation. We would be doing homework around the table, SLAM, Daddy's home, oh shit, adrenaline dump, can't concentrate, hands are shaking, heart is pounding, getting ready to duck, run and hide in my room.

I left the household for good when I was kicked out at age 14. I lived with grandparents for bit, then I became a ward of the State.

All through out my later teens I reacted when my grandparents came home and slammed the car door, when the staff arrived at the group home and slammed their doors.

Even though I was no longer exposed to the stimulus, I still had the reaction.

Later I learned that people exposed to military combat, gang warfare and the like develop a similar reaction

It's called Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

I knew I had been conditioned. It was like a compulsion a reaction, I could not prevent myself from going into survival mode and the strain on my nerves, my kidneys my heart, added up year after year.

I knew specifically that I could trace my reactions to my step father's behavior and yet that knowledge did no good whatsoever. Far from being therapeutic I was angry to know my step father could pull my strings through time and distance and that I had been programmed by him. I fumed at the knowledge but it was like a magic spell that I could not escape. It was wired into my threat perception, amygdala and sympathetic nervous system. I could literally not stop myself. Talking about it did not stop it and knowing the origin of it had no effect on resolution.

I find myself living by myself in an apartment in the Sacramento area at age 21-22 or so and I'll be damned, 3000 miles away and almost ten years after leaving the stress causing stimulus. I am finding myself leaping out of my bed in the middle of the night ready to fight when someone in the complex comes home from a late shift and slams their car door.

So after some Kumar classes I began dissolving my memories of my step dad and his truck. over and over i wash over that pebble wearing it down bit by bit.

When I was jerked out of sleep by the reaction I would sit down immediately and dissolve.

Then I got an idea.

I decided to sit vigil an entire night. I would bring myself to meditation stillness and wait.

Sure enough, the hours tick by in relative quiet. The mind wanders and returns several times then BANG,

seems waiting for it made it even louder and there it was.

Remember the scene at the end of the Matrix where Neo reaches out and stops the bullets and says "No"?

metaphorically speaking, that is exactly what I did.

Fully present I exerted internal pressure inward the instant I felt the nervous system commands. I literally felt the reaction. The Ear hears, the Amygdala reacts, the CNS sends a signal down the spine into the kidneys, the kidneys fire, the energy goes back up the spine, the legs tremble, vision narrows,

I caught it in progress. I stopped it Then I reversed it.

In that moment of consciously aborting the reaction the magic spell was broken and then I was finally freed of my reaction to it.

Example number 2

I got my finger crushed in a machine showing up stoned for work at the factory. I thought I lost the tips of two fingers inside my glove. But I didn't ( all that Iron Shirt maybe, thanks Chia )

In a split second one of my fingers burst from the pressure. Literally the guts of one finger blew out. The second finger did not burst. The finger that blew out from the pressure eventually healed up pretty good on its own although a long scar from the rupture remains today.

The second finger did not. The pressure went into my carpal bones and soft tissue. My finger was literally swollen for months and months. It felt like a jelly bean the size of a small nut was embedded on the top and bottom of that finger. Not long after that actually is when I went to my first Kumar seminar for the Marriage of Heaven and Earth. Kumar took a look at my finger and told me it was "dead".

So I began dissolving and I learned to open and close my joints and pressurize my fluids. Bit by bit I gradually unfused the space between two of my carpal bones and got the synovial fluids to start pulsing again. Gradually the hard tissue compressions softened up. Dissolving greatly removed the pain and deadness and made me feel my finger again. It took years to regrow my nerves though. When I went back East for Christmas and stood outside in the snow I could keep my hands warm by pulsing them but that one finger became blue and painfully numb. I had not been exposed to sub 30s temps in years.

What finally healed my nerves was the slow regrowing of them cell by cell. The finger stretching of San Ti and the open palms of Ba Gua did much to restore integrity and chi flow into that finger.

I had an energy blockage in that finger for years and I completely understood how it got there. Yet my sure knowledge of the energy blocks causation did nothing to remedy it in the slightest. I had to work to get my finger back.

Both that PTSD reflex and the damaged finger were energy blockages and *personal issues* the causes of which were well known to me. Knowing about it had no bearing on it's resolution.

That is only two issues. When you start therapy or meditation, you may have hundreds, perhaps thousands of *personal issues* that need to be addressed. If you take the time to try to trace them all to root causes in order to streamline the process of being free of them you may end up doing the opposite!

You can spend forever trying to understand the crap inside you, the thoughts, feelings, aversions, attractions, compulsions, pains, reflexes, etc. You would ultimately go nowhere. You would be better off taking all the time you had budgeted for tracing causes and effects and just getting to work getting rid of them. You really would.

I am not explaining my beliefs and theories about psychology here.

I am sharing my knowledge gained from experience with these things.

There is some validity to knowing what your problem is can give you a new bearing on it. I won't argue with that.

Trying to *psychoenergetically* unravel all your problems intellectually is really a waste of time.

You are better served getting to work right away *mechanically* dissolving the energy underneath your issue rather than endlessly cogitating over the origin of these blocks. Understanding does not guarantee resolution. On this, I shall say no more.

Edited by SFJane

Fully present I exerted internal pressure inward the instant I felt the nervous system commands. I literally felt the reaction. The Ear hears, the Amygdala reacts, the CNS sends a signal down the spine into the kidneys, the kidneys fire, the energy goes back up the spine, the legs tremble, vision narrows,

I caught it in progress. I stopped it Then I reversed it.

In that moment of consciously aborting the reaction the magic spell was broken and then I was finally freed of my reaction to it.

Example number 2

There is some validity to knowing what your problem is can give you a new bearing on it. I won't argue with that.

Trying to *psychoenergetically* unravel all your problems intellectually is really a waste of time.

You are better served getting to work right away *mechanically* dissolving the energy underneath your issue rather than endlessly cogitating over the origin of these blocks. Understanding does not guarantee resolution. On this, I shall say no more.

Right on SF Jane, you know all about phase-conjugation, don't need none of them external lasers with honed awareness. A wise old Kahuna told me that you could be spending eternity trying to go through the vehicle of the intellect, the conscious mind trying to manage all your problems, but the conscious mind isn't in charge.

The body is the condensation of the unconscious, and by working with the body, we work in many layers, in multiple dimensions, and rather than taking eternity slewing around possible causes, effects and management strategies, healing often happens much quicker sometimes instantaneously if some part of you, even a tiny part, is open to infinite possibility, infinite aloha. It doesn't require any intellectualisation of the problem to work, because the intellect isn't the boss anyway.

endlessly cogitating over the origin of these blocks. Understanding does not guarantee resolution. On this, I shall say no more.
Actually, I think your dissolving practice sounds great... :) I've actually done some similar stuff as that, and it also worked well.

But, the type of "spiritual parapsychology" I'm talking about here does not "endlessly cogitate." It seeks quick Divine answers from God, that bypass your logical left lobe. And the issues are not just understood, but then "energetically" cleared as well.

Again, I am not talking about conventional post-Freudian psychology here that relies upon a lot of logical speculation and meds. No, that CAN easily lead you on a wild goose chase for years on end (as you experienced)! Only higher intuition can directly guide you to the point-of-origin for your issues - not cold, intellectual logic.

But, I think the 2 approaches we're discussing here are not so different. One is just a bit more manual, the other channeling the Divine energy more. But, there's many ways to unclog a pipe. B)

Edited by vortex

Jane - When's your book due out and what's the title? :)

No date set, still working on it. The goal is this fall-winter for the holidays. I have never written a book before and was out doing tai chi at the American River when all my peers were taking English Comp and Statistics.

Not only do I research but I practice my writing which is what my blog is for. My entire blog is a rough draft of the book and serves as a platform where I get feedback both on my writing and the content.

The title is totally top secret, during the last year, 2 books came out with titles I had been kicking around for mine.

I don't want to talk too much about it because I haven't read up on Sean's rules for pimping your wares in awhile.

There is no newsletter or forum or anything so if you want updates, subscribe to my blog feed or sub up to my youtube channel. If Sean lets me I will post something here when it's ready.

Xienkula1

Yes I quite agree

Edited by SFJane

Vortex said: "spiritual parapsychology" -->It seeks quick Divine answers from God, that bypass your logical left lobe.

You have me at a great disadvantage good sir.

I know nothing of spiritual parapsychology.

After a half dozen religious conversions, 10,000 hours of meditation, 6 near death experiences, 3 reiki initiations, the laying of hands and being literally surrounded by a group of people speaking in tongues when I was about 8 or so, 2 dozen acid trips and a brief coma after an OD and not once have I ever encountered the God or the Divine

Again, I am not talking about conventional post-Freudian psychology here that relies upon a lot of logical speculation and meds.

We seem to be more or less on the same page about biopsychiatry. It's a waste of time and just leads to major medical problems that you did not have before.

But, I think the 2 approaches we're discussing here are not so different. One is just a bit more manual, the other channeling the Divine energy more. But, there's many ways to unclog a pipe.

My method entails awareness, presence, concentration,intent and consciousness and your method channels Divine energy.

You seem to be operating at a much higher level than me so I am probably missing part of the big picture.

Best wishes unraveling your stuff!

Edited by SFJane

Jane said: After a half dozen religious conversions, 10,000 hours of meditation, 6 near death experiences, 3 reiki initiations, the laying of hands and being literally surrounded by a group of people speaking in tongues when I was about 8 or so, 2 dozen acid trips and a brief coma after an OD and not once have I ever encountered God or the Divine

Well, it doesn't have to be that difficult. It sounds like you just haven't really directly tried, is all.

Not true.

It was hearing people speaking in tongues that turned me into a fanatical Catholic. In fact I became part of that group of people, The Third Order of Franciscans. I wanted the Holy Spirit to move into me too so I opened myself up to Him and....nothing.

I figured the final suicide attempt when I was staring at my body as it was being loaded in the ambulance that encountering God was next.....nothing

3 full reiki attunements to the Divine energy and yet my healing power was not one iota stronger than I had already made it by doing Ba Gua and standing chi gung.

I never felt anything Divine during any of my hands on work. I felt my chi and the clients chi but nothing *divine*

I had sat vigil on several personal retreats over the years where I brought my mind to a complete stand still while my awareness kept expanding outwards and inwards in all directions...nothing

I have had wiccan witches, catholic bishops, lay people, reiki practitioners all lay hands on me and....nothing

I think I have spent most of the better part of the first 25 years of my life in constant search for God and the Divine. After awhile I just moved on. I dissolved my need or attraction to the quest. The energy I found inside myself was sufficient for my purposes.

I guess if God could not appear to a genuine seeker then God had little chance of appearing to casual believers so I have been a tad suspect of claims to knowledge of the divine. I hope you can understand my skepticism when I say I learned to believe what I could concretely sense with my own being than to simply have faith in the existence of that which I could not detect.

I guess I am just not worthy. But I do alright without it.

Either way, like I said your achievement and hence your understandings are far beyond mine.

;)