SFJane

Dark Night of the Soul

I guess I am just not worthy. But I do alright without it.
Well, what we say we want consciously...and what we actually believe subconsciously...are often 2 different things. The subconscious beliefs that our energy bodies hold are what actually count, though. So, it is possible that you may just have a subconscious belief(s) "blocking" you from God (quite common, actually), then. And until you address these issues directly, tangential methods may not be enough to crack through them, or without far more difficulty.

The ultimate goal of most spiritual traditions is yoga - or union with God - or dissolving back into the Void. So, I don't think this search is ever going to simply go away...

But again, this is just my humble opinion. You are, of course, your own judge. And perhaps you are only kindly humoring me with passive-aggressive sarcasm. In which case, that is fine too. :P

Edited by vortex

After a half dozen religious conversions, 10,000 hours of meditation, 6 near death experiences, 3 reiki initiations, the laying of hands and being literally surrounded by a group of people speaking in tongues when I was about 8 or so, 2 dozen acid trips and a brief coma after an OD and not once have I ever encountered the God or the Divine

Hahaha, this is a valuble piece of realization! And its even based on truckloads of experience!

Im shure this can never be understood by those who believe that the divine is something objective, something never ever affected by our subjectivness, and that we are able to do its work if we only are pure enough...(as if we dont do it when we're not-pure, as if the divine is something that is weak and needy and needs us to be pure to be able to do things :rolleyes: )

Like I said in an other thread which I think was pretty good(in my humble opinion :P ); what is the highest level for one person can be just part of the lower levels for another.

Sadly we can hardly ever understand this because we are so stuck in our own world of perception and conditioning.

Well, what we say we want consciously...and what we actually believe subconsciously...are often 2 different things. The subconscious beliefs that our energy bodies hold are what actually count, though. So, it is possible that you may just have a subconscious belief(s) "blocking" you from God (quite common, actually), then.

Dare I mention the word 'desire'? All spiritual traditions I have studied seem to point to not attaching to one's desires.

Simply a thought... that has now passed :mellow:

James