宁

stuff i thought i knew

This is where I'm at: I just want to do the repair work before starting

actual spiritual work. Keeping physical and mental health is rather

important.

I'm not interested in sexual qigong or semen retention (I'm female).

I just gotta do the repair work.

So I'm putting together my wish list for books in general. Ok so

would these Mantak Chia books be good to start with?

Awaken Healing Energy Through Tao

Healing Light of the Tao: Foundational Practices to Awaken Chi Energy

The Six Healing Sounds: Taoist Techniques for Balancing Chi

Energy Balance through the Tao: Exercises for Cultivating Yin Energy

Tan Tien Chi Kung: Foundational Exercises for Empty Force and Perineum Power

(don't really want perineum power, but foundational exercises sounds good)

Taoist Ways to Transform Stress into Vitality: The Inner Smile * Six Healing Sounds

Awaken Healing Light of the Tao

Sound good? I hope there's nothing too advanced here.

funny you should ask... my first step to energy work in a controlable way, was perineum power.

someone whispered it to my ear, saying that if you want to put something in your cauldron, it has to be sealed first, or you can build a faucet to it, otherwise it will look like this:

leaky-bucket2.png

with faucet... let me see what picture i can find. oh, this:

51I%2B-gNld5L.jpg

it's not exactly sealed, but at least you have a choise, to flush or not to flush...

it's good that you want to do repair work first...

this means you need to increase the electricity of your body, which means alot of physical exercise, done in a smart way;

on the other hand, you need to increase the quality and quantity of the neurotransmitters that are responsible for the state of well-being;

you also need methods to prevent and erase traumas; - it's a big secret here, often overlooked.

you also need to slow down you mind, practicing a form of meditation...

the books you can use as a theoretical aid, they will help you. the help that you can get from them AFTER you start the program that is described above, will be much more than you can get diving into the book from the first time...

you need a group to practice with

you need a teacher that can explain things in a simple and common-sensical manner

having a general view on what the steps are may be helpful. if you have any other questions that i know the answers to, i'll make sure i answer quickly

:)

That pot is cute :) thank you. Somebody commented on the tan tien chi gong book, on amazon, saying

that it would only be useful for people who are into martial arts - people who are planning to

get punched sometime soon. I', not planning to get punched sometime soon, but I will give it a try.

yeah, I want the methods to prevent and erase traumas. I got me some acupressure books too.

Thank you that is very nice of you.

Verse 54: Cultivate Harmoney

Cultivate harmony within yourself, and harmony becomes real;

Cultivate harmony within your family, and harmony becomes fertile;

Cultivate harmony within your community, and harmony becomes abundant;

Cultivate harmony within your culture, and harmony becomes enduring;

Cultivate harmony within the world, and harmony becomes ubiquitous.

Live with a person to understand that person;

Live with a family to understand that family;

Live with a community to understand that community;

Live with a culture to understand that culture;

Live with the world to understand the world.

How can I live with the world?

By accepting.

Interesting book. I look forward to reading it.

heya,

@rainbow,

@tyler

thanks guys for your contribution!

indeed, growing up was to me, when i started the training, the furthest thing from my mind. what does growing up have to do with anything, - i thought.

in time, i see it associated with the maturization of the inner gods, or the inner spirits of the inner organs. for it is they that guide and rule the practice, in essence.

you need a good army. a wise general can assemble it in no-time.

I once tried the fusion of the five elements, and couldn't get it to work for me...

but I didn't know then what the basics were. I was trying this all by itself

at a time when I was having lots of trouble with fear of rejection. I didn't

realize I probably should have left that for the intermediate level or something.

Does Chia state in what order to go through the books?

What is the Taoist theory about the inner spirits of the inner organs?

This thread is golden, as is the work of Chia. Thank you for these contributions Little1.

You are welcome. I'd like to make some kind of a website posting these information there, the way Trunk did with his www.alchemicaltaoism.com

He is criticising there some things that I think are not very well understood.

There is more info to be posted, mind-boggling, I'm just waiting for a challenge.

The human body is the first and most important priority.

I can not over emphasize enough how important it is.

If you want your alchemy to work, you need a strong body.

It's a cosmic marvel...

After reading the entire thread I thought I'd post on here...

I personally attempted Iron Shirt I a few years ago.... Without a teacher, without any supporting practices(didn't even know what the 6 sounds sounded like)... BIG MISTAKE!!!

My chest started to tighten up at odd moments, started getting headaches, hot flashes(I was a 24 yr old male, healthy martial artist at the time), that's when I stopped.

Trying to move from one practice to the next without a fundamental base is, as has been mentioned before, egocentric at best, disrespectful at it's worst.

That being said, I look forward to joining up with a teacher here in Portland, OR in another year or so, but right now, I'm listening to myself and evaluating where my focus and needs are. And right now, the YiJinJing set in "Beginning QiGong - by Kuei/Comee" set is exactly what I need. Focusing on simple physical exercises that do develop INTENSE awareness of inner energy and structure, keep my now 30 yr old body healthy while I have fun becoming and MMA professional...

But down the road, more like around the corner, I'll be getting myself a teacher to help build my foundation in the practices brought to us by M. Chia, and then I'll buy the books to help remind me how to do the practices... NOT the other way around!

I guess what I'm trying to impart to those who need to hear it a different way is this... You can't control where the path leads you, or what it leads you to/away from. The only way to control how you walk the path is to let go and listen.

I had thought I was ready to delve into a deep spiritual practice with no serious instruction, it burned me, and set me on a path that exposed me to a related, but wholly different approach to the physical cultivation. For me, I needed to walk that simpler path a while to allow some stabilization and maturity to develop within me. Now, my path is leading back toward finding a teacher for the HT system(which ever variant), and when I take that step, it will be with an open mind, respect, and commitment.... Just like I'm trying to live right now.

Cheers!

TI

Hi Little1,

I thought you would not mind if I post something related to M.Chia practices here since the discussion board is not always a safe place :lol:

You may be aware of this little article about sexual pratices but people who visit your contributed articles space may benefit from it so...

It explains quite clearly the requisits for such practices and emphasizes the importance of feeling- which is so true!

This article comes from Renu and Juan LI (longtime practionners of Healing Tao system) website: www.tao-yoga.com

Best,

neiye

TAOIST SEXUAL PRACTICES

OVERVIEW OF TAOIST SEXUAL PRACTICES

In the Taoist tree of practices with branches such as acupuncture, herbology, massage, five element nutrition, qigong, taichi, feng shui, I Ching and meditation, the practices dealing with the sexual energy occupy a prominent place.

In ancient China Taoist masters were well known for their specialized knowledge on sexual matters.

Emperors and Empresses would consult in secret Taoist masters for learning the essentials of sexual practice.

This would be done not only for enhancing sexual pleasure with the numerous concubines that filled the court, but more specifically for attaining the Chinese ideal of having a long and healthy life.

From very early times sexual energy management has been associated in China with high vitality, strong senses, sharp mind, vibrant health, personal magnetism, psychic powers and the ability to prolong life beyond its ordinary limits.

Contrary to popular belief Taoist sexual practices are not an independent discipline existing all by itself. On the contrary, sexual practices are considered a branch of the Taoist tree of disciplines having as central trunk the meditations for calming the mind and opening the infinite potential of the human spirit.

THE 5 ESSENTIALS OF TAOIST SEXUAL PRACTICE

The Two Fundamentals

The recycling of sexual energy requires first of all that the practitioner has developed an ability to feel every part of the body and specifically the movement of the Qi or life force through the meridian system. Without the ability to feel the Qi there is no Taoist practice. The ability to feel every part of the body is the opening of communication between the mind and physical body.

To attempt any energy practice without the fundamentals of feeling the body and identifying the movement of Qi the practitioner is energetically blind and unable to know determine when practice should stop or how intensely a technique should be done.

The risk of practicing without the two fundamentals is energy becoming stuck in the upper part of the body and causing a host of undesirable side effects such as headaches, insomnia, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, ringing in the ears and so on. The list becomes quite long.

Knowing How to Circulate Consciously the Qi through the Meridian System

-Any energy practice has the potential to increase the energy flow through the meridian system. Increased flow is akin to having more traffic through the avenues of a great city. As we all know if everyone is heading out of town on the holidays the traffic is going to be heavy and slow everywhere. Bottlenecks raise tempers and overheat engines, besides the increase in the personal quotient of impatience and frustration.

-Recycling sexual energy is as simple as moving the accumulated Qi in the genital area and moving it through the nervous system and the vital organs. However to do this the practitioner should be very acquainted with the best meridians for driving safely from one place to another.

The energy superhighway in the human energy system is the combination of meridians ascending up the spine from the perineum and descending down the front of the chest to the perineum. This circular path goes by a variety of traditional names and is better known in the Occident as the Microcosmic Orbit.

In the same way that the traffic in a superhighway can move smoothly, slow or be totally blocked, the Microcosmic Orbit can be partially blocked and distributing Qi flow inefficiently. So one of the most important priorities in energy work is keeping the Orbit flowing as efficiently as possible.

Many are the sexual practice aspirants who proceed to recycle the sexual energy without knowing anything about the qi flow in the Orbit and end up with the sexual energy stopping either at the head or the heart.

Harmonizing the Emotions

Taoist energy work is known to increase energy flow and promote vitality. However the Taoists are not just concerned with increasing Qi flow, most important is the quality of the Qi.

One of the factors which most readily affect the quality of personal Qi is the emotions that are being produced in our organs.

The ancient Taoists discovered in the course of their meditations that our emotions, both positive and negative take their point of departure in the condition of the vital organs. If for example, the liver is circulating the Qi very smoothly then that ease of movement is experienced as a positive mental state which expresses itself as kindness, generosity and a state of personal ease. On the contrary if the flow is hindered by excessive tension and heat in the liver then the experience of such a difficult flow manifests as anger, aggression and a general state of dissatisfaction.

The Taoists also discovered that the sexual energy that expresses itself through the sperm in men and the ovum in women is a composite of the essences from each of the vital organs, the nervous system, the glands, brain and bones. In other words, sexual energy is a team effort where every part of the body contributes its finest.

If our organs at the moment of contributing their share for empowering the sperm and the ovum are congested with negative emotions and tensions, then the sexual energy is going to carry such qualities as part of its overall make up. So it is essential that the practitioner of sexual recycling pays a great deal of attention to the emotional quality that flow from the vital organs.

The Taoists developed numerous practices for transforming the energy flow in the organs and thus affecting the emotional quality. The first method is that of Six Healing Sounds utilizing simple movements and the sounds that harmonize each the vital organs. A deeper method is that of harmonizing the element in each of the organs while at the same time resolving unfinished situations which are still emotionally charged.

It can be said that any physical exercise which changes the rate of respiration and accelerates blood and energy flow will have a positive effect on the emotions and the organs.

Knowing How to Align the Physical Structure

Although it may seem remotely connected to sexual practice, the ability to align the physical body properly is fundamental in all energy work not just sexual recycling.

The alignment of the structure is learned in order to facilitate the circulation of Qi through the meridian system while at the same time opening the flow from the energies of the universe. Without a correct structure the Qi has to fight its way to circulate through every part of the organism. It is as if our superhighway out of town is covered with roadblocks and detours every few miles.

Right structure is essential in sexual practice because of the nature of sexual energy itself. Sexual energy has been called `the water of life' in many ancient cultures because it was observed that when non-aroused sexual energy is tranquil and behaves like water at room temperature. However during stimulation sexual energy becomes like water which is heating up and heading towards boiling. As we known, water at room temperature is easy to handle, but boiling water is another matter altogether, it has to be handled with lots of care and we have to be very careful where we pour it.

The recycling of aroused sexual energy requires the most direct and easy line of flow to reach the vital organs and the nervous system. In addition to having the Microcosmic Orbit flowing properly, the physical structure should be lending support to the meridian flow by providing the optimum facility of movement.

The alignment of the structure begins with something as simple as feeling an invisible cord lifting the crown and the sacrum at the bottom of the spine being pulled downward. Many specialized postures were developed by the Taoists and now form part of the basic structure of Qi Gong exercises.

The Right Nutrition

Many of the men practitioners of Taoist sexual energy recycling are unaware that the goal of learning to control the ejaculation and prolonging sexual play is related to what they had for dinner last night and what type of food predominates their diet.

The food we eat is one of the four sources of energy we have along with the air we breathe, the energy we receive from heaven and earth and the inherited ancestral energy our parents have passed to us.

Each of the four sources of energy is akin to the legs of a table-if anyone is short or weak, it unbalances the table along with everything we placed on it. A diet which is excessive in concentrated foods such as animal proteins will render more difficult the goal of sexual energy recycling because sensitivity is reduced, as well as blood circulation. Animal foods in excess also render more difficult the task of raising the energy through the back of the Microcosmic Orbit because such foods in general are strongly descending which is the opposite of what is searched in sexual recycling.

INCORPORATING THE FIVE BASIC STEPS OF TAOIST SEXUAL PRACTICE:

Many publications have appeared in recent times promoting different methods for sexual energy recycling. The impression is created that it is absolutely safe to concentrate on a few breathing exercises along with some muscle contractions and all will be well. Experience has taught that is not the case. The best evidence is the countless number of people who search out Taoist teachers to help them resolve energy problems in their sexual practice learned from books. Often there is absolutely nothing faulty with the methods in the books, simply that the practices lack the context of the five essentials outlined before.

It is important that anyone interested in learning the Taoist sexual practices places them in the context of a complete system, rather than as an isolated exercise. This is the simplest way of honoring the tremendous power inherent in the creative energy of the universe concentrated in the reproductive cycle.

Renu and Juan LI

Edited by neiye

The body will fail at some time. The mind is where your focus should be and the internal. Cloud

The body is the handle, and the mind is the blade.

Yin nurtures Yang

Yang nurtures Yin

Usually weak Yang has it's roots in childhood, the father not being there as a male model, or mother being a castrating type.

The situation with most of today's males is that their Yang is weak, and they seek a strong Yin. Also many of the women have weak Yin. The situation is generally due to the labor hours that the parents have to take in order to provide for their children.

Women with weak Yin appear Yang/brutal to men with weak Yang, yet they are still attracted by them, compulsory.

At the beginning the relationship may be a bit of a drama, because the male is oversensitive and the female is not so.

Then he has two basic options:

Option no 1: If he chickens out and runs away, he will remain a weak Yang.

Option no 2: If he gathers his spirit, and takes responsability for the relationship, gradually they will come to a ballance first, and in time his Yang will become strong, and her weak Yin will gradually be replaced by real and sensuous feminity.

These options work very well with the female counterpart also.

I see many of these situations in my life everyday, WOMEN as well as MEN do suffer from lack of their dominant quality, Yin, and Yang respectively.

It's a major problem!

Unfortunately it's easier for people that don't have this problem to understand the above.

Thank you for your time!

L1

The body is the handle, and the mind is the blade.

My Tai Chi has nothing to do with a handle or a blade. The internal I follow is a moving meditation. Tai Chi is not Iaido. TX for the jargon it is not for me. Move Slowly, Cloud