1 hour ago, Nintendao said:

Ā 

or at least a well-meaning sea lion (but only in appearance, of course)Ā šŸ˜‡

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

of course, of courseĀ -_-

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

The beauty of playing mental jujitsu is that the one who is more true, wins. In the meantime of going back and forth.

Ā 

Winning and loosingĀ is a very competitive view point. Competition arises from ego. Ego is unenlightened. Why not just become enlightened instead?Ā ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Ā 

Winning and loosingĀ is a very competitive view point. Competition arises from ego. Ego is unenlightened. Why not just become enlightened instead?Ā ;)

Trying to be better is unavoidable function of the ego. The beautiful thing is that ego in pursuit to be better is bound to realize that to become the greatest, one has to become the lowest. (or ego less). So let the ego strive to be better than others. All roads lead to Rome anyway.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, surrogate corpse said:

jiujitsu is, as we all know, all about using force generated from within yourself to impose your will on another šŸ‘ļø

There is another form of competition. I think you guys should know about it here. Push hands. Or tai chi qhuan. Where the one who is more zen wins. That's more of what I had in mind.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus

@surrogate corpse

Ā 

So what do you think about my comments about the fear and reason and all that? I thought it was pretty cool. (a bit of self flattering here :D)Ā 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

@Salvijus

Ā 

The one who is more open to learning from others wins.Ā  Just sayinĀ“.

"The one who is more open to learn" is enough imo. I would agree with this.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

@Salvijus

Ā 

The one who is more open to learning from others wins.Ā  Just sayinĀ“.

"The one who is more willing to explore"

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

But when you are willing to explore. Everyone wins and benefits from it. It's no longer a competition where there are winners and losers. That's the most beautiful thing about it.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The only time you win is if creation wins. And that implies we have to win all together and no one is left behind. Like brothers and sisters.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Trying to be better is unavoidable function of the ego.Ā 

Ā 

So what you're saying is if someone isn't feeling that good about themselves its normal to want to take measures to feel better? I'm sure its a veryĀ transformativeĀ experience. :-)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Maddie said:

So what you're saying is if someone isn't feeling that good about themselves its normal to want to take measures to feel better?

Yes. But it in pursuit of trying to feel better it has to realize one day that only truth will bring it happiness it seeks.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@surrogate corpse

Ā 

So what do you think about my comments about the fear and reason and all that? I thought it was pretty cool. (a bit of self flattering here :D)Ā 

Ā 

considered as a response to what i wrote, they are non-sequiturs

Ā 

considered in themselves, they contain some nice advice that i hope you will one day heed

Edited by surrogate corpse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Yes. But it in pursuit of trying to feel better it has to realize one day that only truth will bring it happiness it seeks.Ā 

Ā 

who's truth?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Ā 

who's truth?

THE truth. The shared truth of all life.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, surrogate corpse said:

Ā 

considered as a response to what i wrote, they are non-sequiturs

Ā 

considered in themselves, they contain some nice advice that i hope you will one day heed

Damn. I was sure I was responding to your arguments properly and with good understanding of what you were saying.Ā 

Ā 

But if you say that was not the case, I will accept.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Ā 

who's truth?

The concept "illumined mind" should help to understand what I'm talking about. Mind free from ignorance.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus

14 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Damn. I was sure I was responding to your arguments properly and with good understanding of what you were saying.Ā 

Ā 

But if you say that was not the case, I will accept.Ā 

Ā 

you will understand meĀ better if you read my postsĀ as expressions of a considered, reasoned position rather than as expressions of a fettered mind in need of liberation by you : )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, surrogate corpse said:

Ā 

you will understand meĀ better if you read my postsĀ as expressions of a considered, reasoned position rather than as expressions of a fettered mind in need of liberation by you : )

Well I hope to understand you one day. If you wish to share or clarify yourself one day and help me see where I misunderstood you, feel free. If you don't that's fine too.Ā 

Edited by Salvijus

We can try to get to the "truth," whatever that is, but to me thatĀ“s only half of the journey, and not really the most important half.Ā  What strikes me as more important is the other people I meet along the way.Ā  I was struck by the before and after pictures Maddie posted, and, as a result, have a new appreciation for the emotional power of transitioning.Ā  From surrogate corpse, I learned that body parts need not to rigidly defined as male or female, even genitals.Ā  IĀ“m still mulling that over but itĀ“s certainly an eyeopening concept.Ā  Aside from what I may have learned about transgenderism, I value getting to know people better.Ā  In the end, itĀ“s not just our book knowledge that counts, itĀ“s the relationships weĀ“ve built along the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, surrogate corpse said:

rather than as expressions of a fettered mind in need of liberation by you : )

You donā€™t like the idea that truth could come from a dork like me? I'm not trying to liberate you. I was just responding to your arguments and pin pointing the flaws in it. At least I thought that's what I was doing. Apparently you say I missed your points entirely. Too bad I fail to see that. Otherwise it would've been interesting conversation imo.

4 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

We can try to get to the "truth," whatever that is, but to me thatĀ“s only half of the journey, and not really the most important half.Ā  What strikes me as more important is the other people I meet along the way.Ā  I was struck by the before and after pictures Maddie posted, and, as a result, have a new appreciation for the emotional power of transitioning.Ā  From surrogate corpse, I learned that body parts need not to rigidly defined as male or female, even genitals.Ā  IĀ“m still mulling that over but itĀ“s certainly an eyeopening concept.Ā  Aside from what I may have learned about transgenderism, I value getting to know people better.Ā  In the end, itĀ“s not just our book knowledge that counts, itĀ“s the relationships weĀ“ve built along the way.

True true. Welcome your new best friend forever. Me :)

• Haha 1