old3bob

where is the cat thread?

I was trying to find the cat thread started by Taomeow to post there but didn't...anyway I came across some health tips for cats that some people may be interested in,  there is an advertisement angle to it but the info sounds pretty good concerning dubious big name cat food suppliers that put only god know what into their cat food being that there is little or no regulations for same!  For instance pet foods with all sorts of fillers and grains that are not good or detrimental to your cats health.  The vets name and cat food product is from Dr. Marty which can easily be found with a web search.  And I'm pretty sure there are other vets that are in agreement with his warnings about all the fillers in cat and dog food since they are supposed to be mostly be eating like carnivores.  

• Like 1

Our cats get a mix of ground raw chicken and boiled chicken, also human turkey baby food (not the gerber shite) and a mix of various other raw proteins as they come through the house.

• Like 2

My cat just polished half the meat from a McDonald's double bacon cheeseburger.  She loves that, and she's been off her feed lately, so I bought one for her. 

• Like 3

my old cat brought its rabbit kill home to share with me, so I made well cooked rabbit stew out of it.  ;)

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

On 4/4/2024 at 5:49 PM, old3bob said:

my old cat brought its rabbit kill home to share with me, so I made well cooked rabbit stew out of it.  ;)

You Are a country man.  

I'm still waiting for the alley cat that prowls around my house daily to bring me some restaurant coupons.  B)

• Haha 4

My cat used to bring home assorted cat toys I didn't buy.  Mystery was solved when a neighbor told me that those were his departed cat's toys which he was giving to my cat to play with.  He didn't want them back.  He was an elderly French guy and one day my cat came home with a pouch filled with vintage French postal stamps depicting cats of various breeds.  Possibly valuable but I know nothing about postal stamps.  I knocked on the neighbor's door to give them back, but he told me to keep them, as a gift for me for letting him play with my cat.

A while ago the guy's adult son decided it was time for dad to live with his family as he was advancing in years, so new neighbors moved in.  I thought the supply of cat toys from the outside would stop, and was mighty surprised when new ones started appearing with some regularity.  Turned out the new lady next door was a cat lover with an allergic husband, and she happily befriended my cat and started buying toys for her.  I have a large Chinese bowl, one of those in which they sometimes keep goldfish, filled to the brim with felt fish, mice, little balls of assorted sizes, cat teaser wands and so on.  I don't think I bought any of them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1