Fatuous

Entering dreams + daoist sexual practice

Is there a daoist practice that combines astral travel + the esoteric sexual practices such that you can enter someone's dreams and harvest their sexual energy / jing that way?

Asking for a friend! Just kidding: I have reason to believe this was done to me. I had a dream that included passionate sex which TBH is a dream type I never experience; frankly I don't think I ever have before. I also personally don't lucid dream or travel astrally (at least not intentionally). After dream sex, I immediately woke up and had the distinct feeling that this person was in my room, observing me from a specific location. I've had the feeling of someone's energy in my room a few times before but it's always been a not-alive person; this person is very much alive. It was a strong sense and I trust it. I don't want to go into details about this person but they have advanced knowledge and probably direct experience of daoist esoteric practices likely beyond most people on this forum (not to be rude at all to anyone here, I just want to try to put into context without giving too much identifying information about this person).

So I'm curious, is this a thing in daoist esoterica? Astral travel, entering someone's dream, and harvesting their sexual energy that way?

I'm trying to determine how to interact with this person moving forward. I guess I don't mind the idea of a night time astral visit for a dream-time fling; I do mind nonconsensual energy harvesting. Yes, he is aware of daoist practices involving nonconsensual jing harvesting and semen retention, at least in the physical reality. Trying to figure out if that's what happened here, but in dreamtime format. Oh, and I don't have a sexual relationship or even a regular friendship or a master-student relationship with this person, it's a bit different and that's all I'll say. I have a tiny crush on him (I am a person who develops tiny crushes) but I don't fantasize about him or anything, so the dream wasn't manifesting some deep desire I have. There was non-sex stuff in the dream that felt quite important, so I guess it's also possible that his astral body sensed the big dream and came to see what was going on. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Fatuous

@Fatuous,

Hi - there are some texts which describe sexual practices between a male practitioner and female (usually young) subject - but I don't have the references (you might find them if you search the board).  They are definitely non-standard and dubious in nature.  Indeed this very board had an issue with an ex-member doing this kind of thing.  I won't go into details.  But generally speaking it is not ok without consent.  In the old days the status of women was so reduced that some felt themselves entitled to use female subjects for this kind of thing - and to the present day there have been many 'scandals' especially in vajrayana Buddhism where an advanced man 'uses' a female subject in this way.  Even with consent it can still cause harm unless the intent of the other person is properly understood.

There is also a risk that this was just a dream and you could waste a lot of time and energy on what is essentially a fantasy.

Quite a few people learn lucid dreaming in order to have pseudo-sexual encounters and the like.  This again is very dubious - genuine dream yogas have a different purpose entirely.

For what its worth my advice is to stay away from this kind of thing and concentrate on forming real relationships but of course it is up to you.

• Like 1

Why not keep the whole experience for what it was, including the sensation that someone was there. Just the fact that you remember the dream in detail without being a lucid dreamer means that this dream had something important to tell you, nvm that you query about it.

But why go further than that, so no astral travel assumptions, no assumptions that he was really there in some form etc? without denying how you felt at the same time.

Then it's all about you, and how that experience alters how you feel about to interacting with the said person, your interpretation of what your dream was signaling to you.

The alternative is to try to link it to something, with some people telling you it's impossible and some that it's possible, the risk being that lack of a definite answer may be consuming.

Btw I don't know what Taoism says but synchronicities while dreaming are a topic, my personal take is that they are possible, whether these can be induced by another person or not is less clear.

But trying to figure if in a given instance they were induced is consuming and ultimately unanswerable, if your gut tells you to keep a distance from him, trust your gut.

So in short interpret how you felt from this experience, take home the messages and ignore the rest.

If this was an unsettling experience, visit nature, friends, to feel closer to your core and prevent let the experience move you from your centre of gravity.

Only your gut knows how to interact with him going forward, it has way more information on this.

• Like 1

Thank you both for your very wise and lucid (hah) advice.

My pattern is that I notice the flow of things, I go with the flow of things... but then I start to question, start to second guess, start to wonder whether I'm getting caught up in someone else's flow of things... And that takes me from an easy and strong and peaceful sort of wuwei into a very cerebral, fearful, stuck place.

I do so much better when I discern and act, and not dwell too much about it. 

Really appreciate it - thank you so much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fatuous said:

start to second guess, start to wonder whether I'm getting caught up in someone else's flow of things... And that takes me from an easy and strong and peaceful sort of wuwei into a very cerebral, fearful, stuck place.

You're not the only one at that, don't worry 😁, but as you are aware of it, you have a choice and you can exercise it, you don't owe anyone to play the speculation game.

Just do whatever keeps you best at your centre of gravity and don't forget, nobody and no technique can take your free will away from you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fatuous said:

have reason to believe this was done to me. I had a dream that included passionate sex which TBH is a dream type I never experience; frankly I don't think I ever have before. I also personally don't lucid dream or travel astrally (at least not intentionally)

It's never easy to say something about the lived experience of someone else. 

It could be a bit different though, When a person starts to do energy work, whether that be Daoist or yoga or something else, sometimes that energy starts really moving into your body. Those unaccustomed feelings are interpreted (by the body) as sexual arousal. The feeling of sexual arousal will then create imagery in the mind and someone that you have a little crush on sounds like a perfect person to center these unaccustomed feelings on.  

(and this btw could attract the guy you were thinking of, so the whole thing would be turned around)

as it was in a dream you may think you have no influence on what happened, yet you might try to bend your sexual attraction to another person, preferably one who is not playing with chi or anything. Think of that other person before you fall asleep can change what happens during sleep.

These sort of things can and do happen, but of course I cannot know what  is happening to you. 

(But whatever it was, if you covertly enjoyed it it will very probably repeat itself.)

My understanding is when one has moved from intentional based thought into absorption in awareness, dreams stop. Dreams are another version of intentional  thought based in the acquired mind/limited self, albeit  at the subconscious or unconscious  levels of intention.

On 2/29/2024 at 1:48 PM, Fatuous said:

Is there a daoist practice that combines astral travel + the esoteric sexual practices such that you can enter someone's dreams and harvest their sexual energy / jing that way?

Asking for a friend! Just kidding: I have reason to believe this was done to me.

You are not a victim. You are a survivor. ✊

• Like 2