Apech

I started meditating to relax and I ended up sobbing with rage - am I stange?

20 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

was? was that before or after this

the idealistic explanation is because these are the later times of kali-yuga. the materialistic one is because of the hydrocarbs based diet. either way les jeux sont faits; rien ne va plus 

I love it when you talk in French 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Around the time of Laozi the character for liver (肝 gān) was used as a euphemism for inner feelings (Kroll, page 127),

thus ‘liver stagnation’ can refer to an emotional blockage. 

yeah! I notice a lot of times (肝 gān) is used like "guts" even today. To have a gut feeling, or make a gutsy move. Guts are organs, like livers, but we know what it's talking about a little different.

8 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

"wings" … in the next stage.

btw you dont have to wait until after-death to use them, that is an urban myth. in the Light body frame of reference, most stages are overlapping to certain extents

36 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

the materialistic one is because of the hydrocarbs based diet …

(Google) food that contains hydrocarbon … certain cooked meat products such as flame-grilled burgers. 
:mellow: We’re done for. :P

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

yeah! I notice a lot of times (肝 gān) is used like "guts" even today. To have a gut feeling, or make a gutsy move. Guts are organs, like livers, but we know what it's talking about a little different.

Thanks. :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

Most qigong is going to be the perfect surrogate for climbing trees. Humans' bodies function great when maneuvering around in branches to get the fruit, nuts, and eggs. Also living in caves or underwater are good, too. The gym style exercises of today don't offer the same level of twists and stretches in all directions. Unless maybe a jungle gym. Can you meet the challenge of climbing trees? There was a time when every kid on the block could do it. Doesn't matter how out of shape you are just start at the bottom and try again every day you will make it one centimeter at a time. 

This might just sound like a novel take on the standard "qigong make you healthy, which usually also feels happy," but there is something deeper if you ask me. In the larger-frame spiritual life cycle, the Earth body is a stage comparable to a larva. It develops tensegrity in order to properly interact on an energetic level. The more it can do this, the better "wings" will work in the next stage.

Very interesting that you mentioned this. My recent exercise regime has been rock climbing/bouldering. I find it to be much better for me than going to the gym. I’m building muscle much faster, and it’s more fun than doing the same sets in the gym.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

Around the time of Laozi the character for liver (肝 gān) was used as a euphemism for inner feelings (Kroll, page 127),

thus ‘liver stagnation’ can refer to an emotional blockage. 

So why the liver?

Might be a form of sympathetic magic, the liver has a dark reddish-brown colour.
Think chakra colours, e.g. @Apech rage is associated with the red chakra.

Edited by Cobie

Yes, but his system might be different  to yours ,

you can see where his 'red chakra'  is   situated   below

image.png.94098f34553b35e69338db5ee14be1c1.png

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

was? was that before or after this

Been about 4 years since I stopped doing qigong. Learnt to not mix systems so stopped practicing.

Jogging and meds have helped me greatly with my present situation. Still the roots remain, which is why this thread resonates.