Sign in to follow this  
markern

Looking for Qigong for bone health

A friend of mine asked me to help her find some qigong practices that can help her bone health. She is an old lady with bone fragility. Do you know of online courses that is either taught live or recorded or tutorials on YouTube or similar that teaches Qigong for bone health/for strengthening bones and that you would recommend? 

Not a specific qi gong off the top of my head.  But my Mum had severe osteoporosis and got good results with diet shift, daily walking and very light weight lifting three times a week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anything that is gentle really as bones are related to the Kidneys (Water in Wu Xing).

Tai Chi Chuan is a good practice. 

For example:

https://www.onlinetaichilessons.com/

This is a streaming program.

Intro:

Edited by Gerard
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Gilles Marin's Bone Breathing practice recording comes to mind, Audio Downloads | CNTI (chineitsang.com).

This is a nice medical qigong/guided meditation.  Slowly (30 minutes) goes through the skeletal system piece by piece lighting and strengthening bones.  If chi goes where attention goes, then this should be helpful.  Plus little effort, just listen and feel. 

• Like 3

On 1/18/2024 at 9:13 AM, markern said:

A friend of mine asked me to help her find some qigong practices that can help her bone health. She is an old lady with bone fragility. Do you know of online courses that is either taught live or recorded or tutorials on YouTube or similar that teaches Qigong for bone health/for strengthening bones and that you would recommend? 

Dr. John Lee, on his success in treating women who were experiencing osteoporosis but who were at risk for mammarian or ovarian cancer. Dr. Lee was thirty years a general practitioner in Marin County, California, and his was one of the first counties to actually have a bone scan machine, so that he could actually check his results.

He helped a women-led company in Oregon to develop a topical progesterone cream, "Progest".  Available over the counter, at your local Whole Foods, or by many suppliers online, no prescription necessary.  Never had a national test of "natural" progesterone, which is synthesized but molecularly identical to human progesterone, because it can't be patented (read: no profit for pharmaceutical companies).  Progestins, which are altered by at least a molecule to allow patenting, have side effects (none listed in the Physician's Reference for the "natural" hormone).

Been using it for thirty years,  fewer aches.  There's a review of his pamphlet on "Hormone Balance for Men" that would give you the gist, on the women's international compounding pharmacy site.  He has a book, "What Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Menopause".

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this