dwai

Spotless at Batgap

8 minutes ago, S:C said:

Probably I lack the subjective experience of objective reality. To me objective reality is not available for a subject and through his sense doors, but your concepts and mine might be lost in translation, but thank you for explaining your understanding! 

Objective means what is actually happening in reality. For example if you go to a movie and the movie is playing on the screen, that is an objective fact.

Subjective means one's personal experience with something. So going back to our movie example, the objective fact is that the movie is playing. A subjective response to that movie would be how various people like or didn't that movie. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 2

We use different concepts and perceptions to think and categorize the world. Our terms and concepts differ, but I can understand your definitions, as you explained them. I just have trouble using them myself, as my processes go different ways and use different categories for the terms you define differently. 

In one mode of thinking what you describe seems only to be subjective experience of one person. 

To me, there is no objective reality for the individual as long far as it is bound to its sense doors and interpretes through preconceived notions of mind and conditionings. 

But that’s just thinking in different categories.

Again, thanks for explaining your thinking and interpreting process!

Objective reality has as many facets as light broken by a prism, - loosely quoted Mary Bowman Hutton Hart. 

Edited by S:C

8 hours ago, S:C said:

How is that interpreting possible? 

What do you mean with „in real terms“?

Funny, why is it cool for many and hot for others? Electric or fluid? What influences minds interpretation?

Think about it this way - energetic flow is unlike anything else. One can’t directly access it with their normal sensory apparatuses. So when it is experienced, the mind interprets it to be something it is familiar with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:47 AM, dwai said:

It depends on the blockages one may or may not have. If there are blockages, there is friction - which causes heat like sensation. In real terms, energetic flows aren’t hot or cold, electric or magnetic, etc . The mind interprets them that way. For me, it always feels cool. Like a mentholated sensation flowing through my channels, even rising in the spinal column. 

My understanding is that at different points of the development process, what gets circulated in the orbit changes and the sensation may also change. 

On 1/16/2024 at 3:38 PM, S:C said:

What is what? 

Sense data interpreted by mind - subjective.

Objectively it is not hot, only a sign of the body, that there is inflammation and trying to defeat outside or pathological bacterial or viral influences? What is it about TCM heat? Where does that come from?

What of that is objective? 
Why does this seem obvious to anyone but me?! Oh well… there’s @kakapo, at least someone.

Please create a new thread, and I will be happy to explore this topic with you.

Trying to do so here will drag this thread off topic.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kakapo said:

Please create a new thread, and I will be happy to explore this topic with you.

Trying to do so here will drag this thread off topic.

Is there a new thread?