Maddie

Reflecting on TDB

On 1/26/2024 at 6:25 AM, Mark Foote said:

Not really looking to be comfortable with everyone, thanks anyway.

My mother's first husband was the author of "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People"--that's sort of a family perspective for me, I guess... from the Amazon review:

Originally published in 1937, "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" is a tongue-in-cheek primer by Irving Tressler on how to achieve more free time and peace by having few, if any, friends and acquaintances. "Some of us are born with ability to make others peeved, but most of us aren't."...

I find it's only necessary to be straightforwardly honest to retain my reclusivity.

My favourite game is famous in "how to win friends and conquer people" - Civilization. 

My fav bums  ... the crazy ones that is ;

I will never forget ..... whatshisname  - that crazy Turkish nuclear power plant operator that was a Buddhist astral samurai  who threatened to come around my house   (on the astral )  and kill me  with his magic samurai sword .

And of course  .... Drew Hemple .

let's not forget Thunder Gooch ,  ( aka 'MorePie Guy ' )  the arse grounding wire farting giant kung fu panda  - he got modded out and banned  but then came back with a paid advertising banner here about himself  :D  , mods could not remove it as advertising was managed outside off site by someone else . 

and one I was rather fond of,  The rich kid,   upper class British,  weather magician  - 'Lord Josh Allen '   :) ;

image.png.83f42aace9f710691336cb9ccbbd16f2.png     image.png.d563c529ecdbc39f4a1cd9c11aff4a79.png    image.png.b4e5031dc7fdc1c2736fd4285718b95a.png

image.png.dfd7121c5f2024b7795c62bc35e7d099.png

talk about a 'pile on' !  I had to step in and defend him .  ( I think  people here where just jealous that he had enough money to buy all that  'Daoist magic' paraphernalia that you guys wanted but couldnt afford    :D   )

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 2

Well I mean when I first got on this forum I was a boy. How about them apples? 😂

7 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Well I mean when I first got on this forum I was a boy. How about them apples? 😂

Hmmmm ... for some reason I thought you where a fairly recent arrival , but now I see your post count  .....

name change  was it  ? 

( Who was Maddie before Maddie ?   :unsure: )

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Hmmmm ... for some reason I thought you where a fairly recent arrival , but now I see your post count  .....

name change  was it  ? 

( Who was Maddie before Maddie ?   :unsure: )

dmattwads

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jeeze !  I missed that one !     I used to chat to  dmattwads a bit  ......:huh:  ummmm , was it about martial arts  ???

( sometimes I have trouble with facial recognition, which can be a bit embarrassing , I hold back until get an ID from voice, accent, body movement / language , but then when I cant see none of that .... and they change their name  .... AND their sex  ...

Im totally lost     :D 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Jeeze !  I missed that one !     I used to chat to  dmattwads a bit  ......:huh:  ummmm , was it about martial arts  ???

( sometimes I have trouble with facial recognition, which can be a bit embarrassing , I hold back until get an ID from voice, accent, body movement / language , but then when I cant see none of that .... and they change their name  .... AND their sex  ...

Im totally lost     :D 

It happens lol 😂

Edited by Maddie

48 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I followed the switcharoo no problem.  Gender changes but Buddhistic knowledge is forever.

I hope so .

My problem :

A nice looking middle age lady greets me in  a shopping mall , a few years back during on of my rare visits to 'the big city ' . She is enthusiastic, friendly , kind  ... she certainly knows me .... from somewhere  ????

So I am bluffing it , waiting for some hint , but she busts me ; " You dont even know who I am do you ! "  - very indignant .

Me ; " Ummmmmm  did I nurse you in hospital ? " 

:angry:

" Errrr ... used to read your tarot cards ? "

:angry::angry::angry:

"  ... Are you from where I live now ? "

" I am your Aunt Glenda !!! "  

Ooooo  ... shit !    ( I'm glad I didnt guess ;  " Errrmmm ... some guy I used to know that had a sex change ? "  ) 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2