HumanElectric

Neigong student

8 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

What neigong you are doing 

My teacher calls it Authentic Neigong. His lineage is unspoken, but this is the name we call our practice. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HumanElectric said:

My teacher calls it Authentic Neigong. His lineage is unspoken, but this is the name we call our practice. 

So you are Rudi 's student. Nice

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 9:22 AM, HumanElectric said:

To the extent that you feel appropriate to share ...  could you say something about what qualities and/or principles, goals, structural emphasis (any of that, or other, that you might choose) ... that designates a practice as neigong?

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 11:22 AM, HumanElectric said:

Sounds like a cult... ;)

(sorry, too soon?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Trunk said:

To the extent that you feel appropriate to share ...  could you say something about what qualities and/or principles, goals, structural emphasis (any of that, or other, that you might choose) ... that designates a practice as neigong?

I see qigong as the art of moving one’s qi, Neigong as the art of storing qi and working with one’s stored qi. For the most part, most goals seem to be dependent on the school and the individual practitioner. 

Edited by HumanElectric
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shugyo said:

Sounds like a cult... 

You’re not the only one to think so, e.g.

On 04/12/2023 at 4:47 PM, GreatAutumn said:

You guys sound like cultists

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

By the way, I just want to give you your flowers for helping to put the Dragon Gate Sanctuary practice out there. I used to follow the both of your posts many years ago (2011 or 12?). DGS helped to keep my interest up enough to continue seeking out respectable Neigong/neidan practices. @Trunk @zerostao big s/o to the teacups

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HumanElectric said:

By the way, I just want to give you your flowers for helping to put the Dragon Gate Sanctuary practice out there. I used to follow the both of your posts many years ago (2011 or 12?). DGS helped to keep my interest up enough to continue seeking out respectable Neigong/neidan practices. @Trunk @zerostao big s/o to the teacups

Thank you!

.. for those not familiar with Sifu Matsuo, Dragon Gate Sanctuary, here 're links:

Youtube, Facebook, DGS intro page that I wrote up after being introduced to the school by @zerostao,

one, two, three threads here at TDBs.

~ now back to your regularly scheduled thread ~

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HumanElectric said:

No worries. Better to get it off of your chest sooner than later. 

Oh, my friend. I was being 143% facetious :D:D (based on the recent super-thread); I don't believe it's a cult in any way!

The day was bound to come, (and I'm glad it has), when some "Westerners" attained a high enough level of cultivation and were willing to share the knowledge in a concise and plain-language manner. Sure, they charge money for it, and I know that is really at the heart of a lot of the criticism, but as it's been stated, it's a hella cheaper than making the trip to China to hope to maybe do it on your own. I know it takes time to teach and organize, and I know he has helped a lot of people for FREE, so that's not a sticking point for me.

I really like that group because nothing is promised and there is no dogma! It's a simple physiological reality. They're doctors and know there is nothing magical about qi. I actually think about cultivation whenever I need to go in for an EKG or other test that tracks our body's electrical throughput... or output maybe? We are giant walking batteries. Biologically, every cell is essentially a battery, having measurable [bio]electrical movement and polarity. As it's been said, 'there are many ways up the mountain', and I think most cultures have found their own ways to bring about the changes.

Golly, I hope I'm not re-opening a can of worms, :'D but... I don't remember it being brought up in the other thread. SO many times Rudi has downplayed the faqi aspect altogether, and told people to not focus on wanting to be able to emit qi. That the 'ability' is simply a side-effect of proper practice, and a low-level one at that! It's "no big deal" and "Burns a lot of qi" doing it, and unless you plan on using it to help people medically, there is no point in ever doing it. So for me, health and longevity are the reward, and maybe understanding ourselves a little better in the process. Having said that, though, being a human bug-zapper might be kinda nice on those long camping trips. -Peace

Edited by Shugyo
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Shugyo said:

Having said that, though, being a human bug-zapper might be kinda nice on those long camping trips.

Do we have a footage of people killing mosquitoes with Energy Emission, this just might be a gamechanger. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Shugyo said:

It's "no big deal" and "Burns a lot of qi" doing it, and unless you plan on using it to help people medically, there is no point in ever doing it

I still find it funny how people get obsessed with one or another thing, from John Chang to Burning Napkins and zapping, as if their life depends on it. Few are thinking about long term game, from health to internal development. 

Truth is any ability you have becomes a norm after a few times. You do it once, do it twice, after ten times you stop caring at all.
Which is a human psychology and also a way to spot charlatans, because they will present the whole thing as some mystical arts or a miracle. (ref. GM Wolf).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shugyo said:

The day was bound to come, (and I'm glad it has), when some "Westerners" attained a high enough level of cultivation and were willing to share the knowledge in a concise and plain-language manner. Sure, they charge money for it, and I know that is really at the heart of a lot of the criticism, but as it's been stated, it's a hella cheaper than making the trip to China to hope to maybe do it on your own. I know it takes time to teach and organize, and I know he has helped a lot of people for FREE, so that's not a sticking point for me.

I agree with everything stated in your post.

I’d also like to add something about the costs that many don’t consider. Depending on what lineage/school you have access to, you might have to receive treatment, prior to being allowed to practice their method. Such as was the case with Master Jiang Feng, 100% of the visitors who went to him expecting to learn, had to first be confirmed to have clear channels/meridians and more than 90% of them would have to receive treatment in order to attain that basic state of health. Not including the costs of flights, taxis, hotels, food etc. (which alone exceeds what one would pay to learn from Rudi for at least 4+ years), the costs of the treatments would easily range from $10,000 to $30,000+ depending on the condition of the individual. Although I used to follow the dates of when Master Jiang’s medical seminars would be during 2014-16, I just couldn’t comfortably afford it. With Rudi, it’s not a necessity to have ones channels cleared with these expensive, but worthwhile treatments, prior to learning our Neigong and we also have a practice that helps to gently work through any possible blockages. Best of all though, he teaches remotely, so we’re saving lots of money, not having to make quarterly or yearly visits to China.

With that being said, if one can afford a treatment, it’s well worth it. I was finally able to attend a much cheaper medical seminar in January of this year. The experience was life changing for my health and it greatly opened my mind to the possibilities of how qi can be utilized medically.

• Like 5

On 12/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, HumanElectric said:

I see qigong as the art of moving one’s qi, Neigong as the art of storing qi and working with one’s stored qi. For the most part, most goals seem to be dependent on the school and the individual practitioner. 

By your definition, Baguazhang covers both qigong and neigong. Of course Baguazhang does way more than that, containing every element of Daoist alchemy. Whoever came up with the phrase “Baguazhang is as deep as the universe”  achieved a moment of clarity. 
one beautiful thing about Daoist arts are there are different flavors to suit an individual’s unique qualities. When an individual expresses sincerity with an open mind, a Gate will open for them. After the Gate opens, leave ego behind,  continue In equanimity, steady as you go. 

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 3