Sleepy Bluejay

How do you personally meditate?

33 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

… It doesn't need special skill to perform acupressure. Besides, if it does no good, then, it does no harm either. … IMO By applying acupressure to the reflexopoint, it covers more area than with an acupuncture needle does. …

Thanks. That’s good to know. 

… The basic treatment to not the treat the area in pain but the reflexopoint. The reflxopoint is a sore spot that is related to the pain spot. …

Righto.

… One massage the sore spot with a little pressure until the soreness is gone. Then, the pain should have gone away. 

So when there’s pain somewhere, there will always be another spot that is also aching (the ‘sore’ spot)? 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

Do you think that there is a difference between acupressure and TCM acupressure? FYI There is no difference. Anyone can apply pressure to any spot on the body.

Thanks. That too is good to know. I never liked the idea of needles being stuck in me, so I was never interested in acupuncture. But to be able to use acupressure myself, yes that idea I like very much. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

@ChiDragon Serious question. I’m having a small insignificant pain (in the pink of my right hand). So that’s my ‘pain’ spot. I wanted to use it to practice acupressure. But I can’t detect a corresponding ‘sore’ spot. How do I find the ‘sore’ spot when I don’t feel one? 

Edited by Cobie

17 hours ago, Cobie said:

I’m having a small insignificant pain (in the pink of my right hand). So that’s my ‘pain’ spot. I wanted to use it to practice

I am glad to help you to give it a try. Behind your right wrist, have your palm facing upward. Press all over the lower right arm and see if you feel any soreness. After you find the sore spot, just press down in place and rub it with circular motion.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Thanks 1

Acupuncture and acupressure use the same theories and meridians and points.  Acupuncture uses metal needles and very often, connect with electricity.   It is said there are change in body's electricity flow, ions created and so on.  Acupressure is different as it covers wider and deeper areas, can rub massage inner tendons, varying the force, applying heat, resetting bones, improve alignments etc.   Thus they produce quite different results.  The choice would depends on a lot of factors.  Very often both are used.

As to effectiveness, 一砭二针三灸四药五按跷六导引.  The Six Main Techniques of Chinese Medicine. The first approach is use special stones to scratch, follow by needles, then moxibustion, medicine, acupressure, daoyin (now Qigong).

Acupuncture uses needles.

Acupressure uses pressure.

The points, meridians, and theory are the same. 

13 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

(in the pink of my right hand).

Can someone tell me where is this located? Thanks

Do breathing exercises count as meditation? Probably not Wim Hof, but I think some would.

Lately I have been doing box breathing. I am hoping to improve my lung capacity as well.

2 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

Do breathing exercises count as meditation?

If not, then, it is not mediatation. Stay away from those who said it is not!

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

I am glad to help you to give it a try. Behind your right wrist, have your palm facing upward. Press all over the lower right arm and see if you feel any soreness. After you find the sore spot, just press down in place and rub it with circular motion.

Pain gone! Very interesting indeed.

• Like 1

Just now, Cobie said:

Pain gone! Very interesting indeed.

May I ask what did you do to get rid of the pain?

11 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

May I ask what did you do to get rid of the pain?

My right hand palm upward, pressed along the width of the back of the wrist; found a ‘sore’ spot and rubbed it with a circular motion.

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

Can someone tell me where is this located? Thanks

Pink :wacko: sorry, that’s the Dutch word for ‘little finger’. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Pink :wacko: sorry, that’s the Dutch word for ‘little finger’. 

So, did you find the sore spot on the left side of your lower right arm then?

Edited by ChiDragon

5 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

So, did you find the sore spot on the left side of your right lower are then?

On the left. On the wrist below the little finger. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1