Sign in to follow this  
Chirising

Introduction round

Hi everyone,

I came here to read about the flying phoenix chi king system. I’ve been interested in meditation for many years, but never considered qi gong. I guess I always considered it to be something esoteric and far-fetched to ‘summon’ energy through some bodily movements. Now, after reading here, I’m a little frustrated no one turned me on to this a decade sooner.

I can’t seem to do too much meditation without my sleep oddly suffering as a consequence. My interest in flying phoenix comes from being able to do something for myself that would simultaneously improve my sleep instead.

• Like 2

The only way you'll fix your sleep issues is by correcting a pattern of disharmony in the Wood Force (Liver & Gall Bladder) 

To do that you need to introduce significant lifestyle changes which will result from correct practice.

A Qigong method won't do that because all those styles never go deep enough plus practicing them for one hour a day tops isn't enough.

Hope this helps. 

On 1.12.2023 at 11:51 PM, Gerard said:

The only way you'll fix your sleep issues is by correcting a pattern of disharmony in the Wood Force (Liver & Gall Bladder) 

To do that you need to introduce significant lifestyle changes which will result from correct practice.

A Qigong method won't do that because all those styles never go deep enough plus practicing them for one hour a day tops isn't enough.

Hope this helps. 

Nonsense. Lots of people have fixed their sleeping problems both through meditating and doing qigong and for far smaller amounts than one hour a day. 

Edited by markern
  • Like 2

On 1.12.2023 at 11:51 PM, Gerard said:

Thanks. What does correct practice mean in this context? Lifestyle choices?

On 3.12.2023 at 2:31 AM, markern said:

Nonsense. Lots of people have fixed their sleeping problems both through meditating and doing qigong and for far smaller amounts than one hour a day. 

Anecdotally, even the basic standing FP, seems to have made a positive difference.

On 3.12.2023 at 5:26 PM, Cobie said:

Hi Chirising. Welcome to the forum. :) You might find this thread interesting:

Thank you! Yes, I’m currently at page 86 of this juggernaut.

• Like 3

Correct practice means a traditional method passed on from master to student by many generations.

1. Internal Martial Arts: Ba Gua, Tai Chi & Xing Yi (Kung Fu, Taoism).

2. Vipassana meditation retreat (Buddhism).

Examples of poor lifestyle choices which plague modern society: 

Spending 10h a day in front of the computer, smartphone, etc.; years of academic study and poor posture; eating dinner; etc. 

Sign in to follow this