Lord Shiva

Falun gong

What is better about traditional qigong and neidan then falun gong??

Besides their propaganda and political philosophy i have heard its quite a powerful system ( and simple too ) to attain in.

All the traditional systems have all these warnings and say you need a teacher for years ect, where as falun gong is a simple laid out practice that never changes. Why are more people here not interested in their system?  

Edited by Lord Shiva

The system is simple because that makes it a better vehicle for the other things. Like, a qigong sect is the closest thing you can get to an independent political party in China. The main point of  Falun Gong is not the practice, which is true of many religions for good and bad.

Edited by whocoulditbe?

I just want to comment on the focus of developing virtue and morality that stood out to me just browsing their material awhile back.

I just happened to pick up the book of the shelf at a library a few months back and found it very interesting. A lot of the stuff talked about early on is similar to my own deep esoteric research In systems that are into following the Divine or as he calls in the Buddha law. I only got like 50 pages in, and watched some of the practice videos. The high focus on morality could be great for some people, and turn others off completely, it seems to be more Buddhist than Daoist, so if ones already into buddhism or other systems of purifying one's character it can kinda resonate for them? From my own experience and just study in general I believe there is something to the idea of a shortcut by developing virtue. Others systems like esoteric Christian ones also have a huge emphasis on this as a requirement for true development of the soul which would skip many many lifetimes of doing it by trial and error, and that there is only so far you can develop as a precaution built into the whole system if one does not develop virtue.  Where if one is aligned or attuned to the Buddha law the Divine or whatever word you want to choose. It will take care of you.  But Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven and  his Righteousness all this will added unto you. Is a very esoteric verse about such a concept.

Now whether this is relevant or true about their system I can't say due to no experience with anyone whose practiced it. Just putting out some philosophical thoughts.

The one I forgot but stuck out to me also just as a common sense thing the more you study this stuff. Is talking about the ancient guys who developed the energy channel system being some form of clairvoyant. Being able to literally see it. I feel like this should be more discussed  more often as it seems obvious as a result and level of spiritual development. The western model of medicine won't acknowledge this currently, but if you know you know.  I can't see it yet but I have faith it's just part of the process and developing yourself a true healer.

Edited by Klinsly
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Shiva said:

What is better about traditional qigong and neidan then falun gong??

Besides their propaganda and political philosoohy i have heard its quite a powerful system ( and simple too ) to attain in.

All the traditional systems have all these warnings and say you need a teacher for years ect, where as falun gong is a sumple laid out practice that never changes. Why are more people here not interested in their system?  

Maybe someone needs to do to Falun Gong what was done w/TM: Take the technique, and leave out the bad stuff.

On 10/16/2023 at 9:56 AM, Eduardo said:

This system is based on exercises from several Chinese systems, the father of the system is the so-called "wu wei qigong", which was taught by master Georges Xu in the West and is less rigid than that apported by Falun Gong.

I saw that he also has a very similar video and wondered who got it from who?? 🙏🏻

• Like 1

Cancel culture. Founder of that system got labeled a racist for pointing out that people of mixed descendancy might encounter certain difficulties in gaining the favor of ancestor spirits. Never said they are bad people. Just the way that kind of thing operates, at least historically. Also he is being called mentally ill for talking about some kind of extraterrestrial energy vampires. And that’s just some of the most superficial problems that people have run into with it. It’s actually become quite a sensitive topic so I am going to shut up now!

(but basically, yes, their qigong/meditation type practices are pretty standard and effective, but possibly connected to something ..unexpected?)

Edited by Nintendao

1 hour ago, Nintendao said:

Cancel culture. Founder of that system got labeled a racist for pointing out that people of mixed descendancy might encounter certain difficulties in gaining the favor of ancestor spirits. Never said they are bad people. Just the way that kind of thing operates, at least historically. Also he is being called mentally ill for talking about some kind of extraterrestrial energy vampires. And that’s just some of the most superficial problems that people have run into with it. It’s actually become quite a sensitive topic so I am going to shut up now!

(but basically, yes, their qigong/meditation type practices are pretty standard and effective, but possibly connected to something ..unexpected?)

What do u mean connected to something?? Like a lineage egregore??

3 minutes ago, Lord Shiva said:

What do u mean connected to something?? Like a lineage egregore??

Yes that is pretty close to it. They say that when you become a dedicated practitioner, then a FaShen body of the master will come to help you in various ways. However there is some controversy as to the validity what is really going on in this instance. And that if you don’t follow the rules there can be consequences.

22 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

Yes that is pretty close to it. They say that when you become a dedicated practitioner, then a FaShen body of the master will come to help you in various ways. However there is some controversy as to the validity what is really going on in this instance. And that if you don’t follow the rules there can be consequences.

Can you elaborate on this? Very interesting stuff. If you feel its too controversial please feel free to DM. 

20 minutes ago, Lord Shiva said:

Can you elaborate on this? Very interesting stuff. If you feel its too controversial please feel free to DM. 

Right on. Best I can do for now is refer back to the book e.g. Fashen

• Like 1

I’ve also read that the reason the Chinese government harvests their organs is because the practice made them healthier and more powerful than normal. I was always attracted to the system but was turned off by the restrictions and the fact that the founder actually believes David Copperfield walked through the Great Wall. That said, if George Xu is the actual founder then I may take a look at his version. 🙏🏻