Apech

Khonsu mes

14 minutes ago, Apech said:

I’m expecting a bit more effort!

i was curious about the disk on the right. would never have guessed. so had to search

The painting, handmade on papyrus paper, represents the Goddess of the sacred tree quenching the thirst of King Khens Mose. On their right the symbol of the Universe, on the left the adoration of the God Rha. It is taken from a painting dating back to the 11th century. B.C. kept at the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna.

• Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Apech said:

I’m expecting a bit more effort!

So was I, from the OP! TT saved the day. :)

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

i was curious about the disk on the right. would never have guessed. so had to search

Well done TT - however your source is bit inaccurate.   Khonsu Mes was a priest in Thebes and not a king.  The disk on the right represents the horizon (akhet) not the universe.  The papyrus dates from the 21 st dynasty and so quite late and is one of the so called mythological papyri which are in effect short summaries of the Book of the Dead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Apech said:

Tomorrow or later when I have more time time I will give more detail.

If anyone is seriously interested in this subject - but in the past there was little interaction so I took it down.

6 minutes ago, Apech said:

If anyone is seriously interested in this subject - but in the past there was little interaction so I took it down.

Yes, Apech we want to buy the damn vacuum cleaner 😆

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, oak said:

Yes, Apech we want to buy the damn vacuum cleaner 😆

You have to understand Oak that I spent decades on this stuff until I was exhausted by the effort and took refuge in Buddhism - but my first love are the Egyptian mysteries.  Going back to them is a huge effort which drags at my soul and reminds me how much energy I expended trying to understand the subject..   I am very tentative about going back to it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Apech said:

You have to understand Oak that I spent decades on this stuff until I was exhausted by the effort and took refuge in Buddhism - but my first love are the Egyptian mysteries.  Going back to them is a huge effort which drags at my soul and reminds me how much energy I expended trying to understand the subject..   I am very tentative about going back to it.

Blame us, it's fine

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Then again it might be your source that’s a bit inaccurate. 

I’m only interested in this thread if the disk is the universe.

My source is Piankoff and Romanov.

8 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Then Imo you should not have posted the OP. Better wait till you wholeheartedly want to sell the vacuum cleaner.  I don’t want some wishy-washy salesperson.

If I told you the great pyramid was a giant vacuum cleaner would you believe me?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Well speaking for myself, no actually. I don’t “have to understand” anything at all, unless I want to.

Well oak, you’re the better person. I certainly do not appreciate the tone of voice in  “You have to understand…” 

I will complain to the manager and get the little patronising squirt sacked.

I’m not little  - I’m a medium sized patronizing squirt.

• Haha 1

@Apech  if you do regret the time spent on Egyptian mysteries, possibly this is of interest:

3 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Yes, in retrospect we may see that we could have dealt with this or that situation more wisely. However, what we tend to forget is that we had to develop that kind of wisdom first -- and that past situation we couldn't handle better may well have been part of that process.

While I am not one to deny the reality and power of free will, I feel it's adequate to say that, all in all, we did the best we could back then, given where and what we were. If in the meantime, we became more sophisticated in our insight and understanding, we deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back.

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Apech said:

The disk on the right represents the horizon (akhet) not the universe.  

the signs on the disk might be the zodiac signs or solar cycle signs, so thats fine. but what are the two attendants doing to the disk? also i was intrigued to see horns at the sunrise. because they look exact like

PeakSanctuary01.jpg

https://brewminate.com/ancient-minoan-religion/

• Like 2