Ethan singh

Taoist internal alchemy book recommendations

Hello everyone it’s me Ethan Singh 

I was wondering can anybody refer to me books that contain the best translations of Taoist internal alchemy texts made before the cultural revolution 

it could be historical or not it does not matter 

please recommend anything other than the Tao Te Ching 

I am on a budget so I cannot afford to buy every single book on taoism available on Amazon 

If I did then I would probably have to buy hundreds of books most of which would probably turn out to be rip offs 

Which I absolutely cannot do 

To help others of their internal alchemy journey please recommend the top ten books you can think off 

Everyone is encouraged to participate and make their own lists individually so that people on here can compare those lists put down here so that they can make their own informed decisions on what they would like to buy 

I think doing this would be very helpful for beginners 

I myself am also a beginner 

Looking forward to what our Taoist seniors have to say 

Recommended readings:

IMG-0374.jpg

IMG-0366.jpg

IMG-0368.jpg

IMG-0373.jpg

Practicing in the Five Forces: Water/winter.

Planet Earth is a huge library and your best teacher. Taoism was born and developed in the mountains, the sea, the desert, the trees, the lakes and the rivers.

No books will ever replace that.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Regarding best translations: Livia Kohn, for instance

The Zhong-Lü System of Internal Alchemy

https://threepinespress.com/2020/08/01/the-zhong-lu-system-of-internal-alchemy-2/

or Louis Komjathy too.

Extensive translations (not always best, though)

Eva Wong

The Tao of Health, Longevity, and Immortality: The Teachings of Immortals Chung and Lu

Harmonizing Yin and Yang

Nourishing the Essence of Life: The Outer, Inner, and Secret Teachings of Taoism

Holding Yin, Embracing Yang: Three Taoist Classics on Meditation, Breath Regulation, Sexual Yoga, and the Cir culation of Internal Energy

I highly recommend:

Original Tao: Inner Training (Nei-yeh) and the Foundations of Taoist Mysticism by Harold Roth

• Like 1