Sign in to follow this  
old3bob

losing track

Losing track of what day it is is common,  losing track of what month it is, not so common, losing track of what year it is is very uncommon. Besides keeping track of time we have so much in the world of things to keep track of and take care of !  So it often ends up that we may have some time for spiritual being-ness or nature but we are mostly visitors there instead of that being our home, how great it would be to turn things around and just be visitors to the "world" instead....

create-a-backyard-wildlife-habitat.jpg.f89da96ae642ab28ec6bff3140f0b5f5.jpg

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 3

On 8/22/2023 at 9:27 PM, old3bob said:

Losing track of what day it is is common, 

First old man ;  "  Wednesday today .... half way through the week ! "

2nd old man  ; "   Ah, no .... its Thursday today ."

1; " Nope , Wednesday, I am sure of it !  This morning when I took my pills, they came out the Wednesday section of my pill box ."

2; "  Nah , it Thursday , you must have got your pills mixed up ."

1:  " Shut up you !  At my age , I am talking every extra day I can get .... its Wednesday  ! " 

-  I often loose track of what day it is . Whats this 'week' thing anyway ?   Totally useless .... unless you have a job or get civilized or  something .  I'd rather go by a Moon cycle  .... in nature it matters not if it be a Wednesday or a Saturday  or a Chronday or the first or the last day of a 'week' .   I did have a marker  as I used to go every Saturday to town  for training , but I gave that up (after near 10 years ! ) ... now I am floating about , without my Saturday 'anchor' .

It was always my ambition to not know what day it was, and for that not to matter .  A couple of weeks ago I was actually TWO days out on my estimate ... and I was  ;   " YES! "   < fist pump >  .

losing track of what month it is, not so common, losing track of what year it is is very uncommon. 

Thats one of my specialties !   :D   I'd say, about 30% of the time I have to really think about that . A while back , I had  facial paralysis , they where checking me for a stroke at the hospital  ; "  Whats you name ? ... Do you know where you are .... What year is it ?  "  ... Oh no !   :D   

Besides keeping track of time we have so much in the world of things to keep track of and take care of !  So it often ends up that we may have some time for spiritual being-ness or nature but we are mostly visitors there instead of that being our home,

I got that all happening ... today's  "  spiritual being-ness "  ;   gotta water the garden , dispose of the three rats I caught last night ,  clean up the mess from the windstorm , work on digging a latrine pit , shovel some cow shit  ......  :D 

how great it would be to turn things around and just be visitors to the "world" instead....

?  Do you mean , stay in a natural environment  and spiritual practice in stead of being so involved in the material world ?

I got a little confused as I see  'world' a little differently and sorta ... mostly ... block that 'other world' out .

create-a-backyard-wildlife-habitat.jpg.f89da96ae642ab28ec6bff3140f0b5f5.jpg

You like that  ^   ?    Looks nice and peaceful .  What is your environment like ? 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

What I like about kayaking is you lose track of the century.  It's illusion but banks are covered in trees, you see deer, muskrat, cormorants, blue heron etc.,  Paddling quietly the world seems unchanged.  The whoosh of cars unseen could be wind spirits.  

My small plastic kayak fits inside my mini-van.  Driving around the city I'll ask google maps if there's a kayak launch nearby and sometimes along a tributary, there is.  

• Like 5

On 8/23/2023 at 3:33 PM, Nungali said:

this is one of my favorite spots but its a long ways away... one can go 200+ miles  to get into the more scenic areas,  (like the Tetons and Yellowstone. (long drives are very common) Picture is about a 1400' drop.

20200622_163010.jpg.5d2490f7dd31e0c2f50d01fa0deda9ea.jpg

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

My take is that there is no illusion, only incorrect or incomplete perception,  thus it could be or is "God" in manifestation...

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

Whoa!   I'd like to catch that image at sunset when it's not all washed out.

Stunning!

a stock photo a little closer to sunset and of slightly farther down river...

purple-aerial-above-view-from-canyon-rim-trail-overlook-near-campground-in-flaming-gorge-utah-nation-rk-with-green-river-at-sunset-twilight-evenin-2C7N4K6.thumb.jpg.2baa557b7eee796aa5973517a5abc5f9.jpg

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 5:31 PM, old3bob said:

this is one of my favorite spots (Flaming Gorge Reservoir in Red Canyon, Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area near Dutch John, Utah)

16 minutes ago, Mark Foote said:

those blues folks are a very long ways away in miles, time and culture to the wild and wooly west but what the heck....the more the merrier

Edited by old3bob

Me and the gang, at the house of friends which we all dubbed, "Murphy's Make Your Own GD Bed and Breakfast".

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 3

On 8/31/2023 at 5:32 PM, Mark Foote said:

@old3bob Kinda corny, but OK!

but the in house Buddha there said their corny-ness was only a passing appearance so to whoop it up while you can....

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this