i don't have an answer, but wanted to mention someone else called Paul Cavell. He is a student of Bruce Frantzis who got started with him after a motorcycle accident left him with a lot of soft tissue injuries and pain. There's an interview with him here where he talks about it, and the recovery, along with other stuff 

Also i know he has courses, including some medical qi gong ones, although i've never tried them.

i should also mention, i started qi gong in '95, am halfway into the Comprehensive Guide, and heading towards 1 year of Damo's online course (mainly watching, for interest/new ideas etc.) If it were me, i'd try both options if finances allow, as Damo has a more 'intense/'fire' method. Whereas Bruce/Paul's is, as the name says, a 'water'/gentler method. For me both types of style have helped in different ways over the years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, galen_burnett said:

@Daniel Just to let you know I won’t be available for a couple of weeks, so will reply to you afterwards.

best wishes wherever you roam

On 24/08/2023 at 4:32 PM, Daniel said:

best wishes wherever you roam

I meant to write that to you in the Enlightenment thread actually, I mistakenly put it here instead. I’m back now and will reply to you as I work through the new comments 👍

• Like 1

I can recommend. to try.. butterfly pose, a sitting a position. 15 minutes

Another thing is video...

at minute 8, second exericse.... for 5 minutes.

maybe the first is good as wel...

Try them see if they can help.

Edited by centertime

Check out Scott Kiloby's work. Could be you are suffering from emotional repression that manifests as back pain. 

Also some energy healing modalities can ease the pain.