Sign in to follow this  
PestiferMundi

Looking For Training Mostly to Help Me Feel Energy (Which Should I Choose?)

1. Which is the better and more complete Nei Gong training between these two?

Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu by Wang LiPing

OR

Daoist Alchemy: Nei Gong & Wei Gong Training by Jerry Alan Johnson

The book by Wang LiPing seems to have a more secure and known lineage (I know there is a 2nd edition of the book, but I'm going with the 1st edition). But the book by Jerry Alan Johnson looks a lot more detailed. So I'm kinda stuck.

2. If there is a better and more complete nei gong training (in the form of a detailed book), what is it?

3. If you think I should start with Qi Gong training because it's easier and will lead to me feeling energy quicker, which one do you recommend (book name please)?

"The book by Wang LiPing seems to have a more secure and known lineage (I know there is a 2nd edition of the book, but I'm going with the 1st edition). But the book by Jerry Alan Johnson looks a lot more detailed. So I'm kinda stuck."

I think Freeform says that Wang LiPing teaches a lot of advanced stuff without focusing enough on the students developing the bodily foundations (the Qigong body) that make them work properly. Without the bodily 
foundations properly in order people tend to have strong experiences when practice is as intense as on retreats but struggle to maintain them afterwards. Witch the bodily foundations more in order one both progresses faster and makes the results more integrated and permanent. I may not recall this entirely correctly. You can ask him about it. 

Freeform also says that Damo Mitchel teaches the bodily foundations properly. So that might be someone to learn from. 

Edited by markern

4 hours ago, PestiferMundi said:

OR

The book by Wang LiPing seems to have a more secure and known lineage (I know there is a 2nd edition of the book, but I'm going with the 1st edition). But the book by Jerry Alan Johnson looks a lot more detailed. So I'm kinda stuck.

2. If there is a better and more complete nei gong training (in the form of a detailed book), what is it?

3. If you think I should start with Qi Gong training because it's easier and will lead to me feeling energy quicker, which one do you recommend (book name please)?

Personally, Id suggest that you forget about both book

The former is unintelligble without a teacher (and there have been far better versions and interpretations of Wang Lipings practices released since. Nathan Brines is the best available, far better than both versions of the Ling Bao available

The latter, I believe to be a rather problematic texts (with some interesting bits sparsely located across it)

Damo Mitchells Comprehensive Guide is undoubtedly the best text you will get on the topic of how the Yijinjing actually works (Which is the foundations mentioned)

Practically speaking, you are better off to work with a teacher but this isnt immediately available to everyone.

The book will give you some good theoretical insight and practical tips

Damo gives out a bunch of free practices on his youtube as well, heres a link for you

If you are struggling for money, then my suggestion, join his academy on a monthly basis, study the free material in the library and open the first few videos of the program.

Use your time wisely and take detailed notes. The book will make a lot more sense if you do that. You can then rejoin when you have a little more money, and work on the videos like that

I can say this fairly confidently, youd struggle a lot to find better material.

One thing thats important (that I see lacking in almost everyone I speak to, is an understanding of the mechanisms

When you understand the mechanics you understand the condition, and the condition is what leads to actual change and real results, rather than just fleeting experiences

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PestiferMundi said:

OR

I suggest that you read all the scamgong articles on the website before making a choice.
A lot of newcomers are being manipulated and tricked. Especially the term authentic proven lineage, when those documents were given literally to everyone by state law. They have no means of control who teaches it and have no means of authentication or certification. They don't even know who is a part of lineage or not.
https://ancientmasters.org/library/scamgong-fraud

As far as sensing Qi goes it is fairly elementary practice that can be acquired to a good level in several months (not years). You can develop full body sensitivity to a point of walking blindfolded in a forest and avoiding all trees by sensing their aura (energy fields).

12 minutes ago, Neirong said:

As far as sensing Qi goes it is fairly elementary practice that can be acquired to a good level in several months (not years). You can develop full body sensitivity to a point of walking blindfolded in a forest and avoiding all trees by sensing their aura (energy fields).

From what book?

30 minutes ago, PestiferMundi said:

From what book?

I have never learned anything from books. I had real teachers, practice partners, study groups.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neirong said:

I have never learned anything from books. I had real teachers, practice partners, study groups.

Whats the name of the practice you mentioned in your last message to me? E.g. "Spring Forest Qi Gong", what's the specific name?

If you like Wang Liping system better begin with Nathan Brine books, as Shadow_self said.

But, it is always better to have a teacher, either online or in presence (this is better, of course).

Regarding the foundational training you may consider the Wuliu Pai lineage.

• Like 1

I have every book by Nathan, Master Wang and Damo and I recommend them all as solid sources.  They were all full of more resource material than I will likely cover in the remainder of my incarnation here.

I've studied in person with Wang Liping and Zhou Ting-Jue (no books, but both 18th generation lineage holders) and have corresponded with Damo through email about several topics and despite not being a formal student, he responded and was open and quite helpful.

While books are valuable in providing theory and a framework for the mind, the work is the work and as the work plays out through the body and awareness so many avenues of hiccups and side paths can abound.  I would highly recommend finding a teacher who will be able to assess your practical application of the process as it unfolds.  This does not necessarily have to be meeting them every week, but I would recommend the ability to contact them regularly (monthly-ish). 

Trying to ferret out this elaborate process in one's own body and awareness from books alone is frought with potential problems in my opinion and experience, but your mileage of course, may vary.

That said, Nathan and Damo both have very accessible and in depth online courses available that are affordable and quite practical.  We are living in something of a golden age of access to what was throughout history, closed and hidden.  I'm considering restarting formal training with Nathan myself soon as travel to continue with Master Wang is not an option for me recently (family needs).

Wang holds several ten day seminars a year in person, but they usually require international travel and are a larger investment.  Not available to all certainly, but if  you could, I can't recommend this method highly enough.  It was life altering on a foundational level for me.

Wishing you great fortune and good insight on your journey friend.

/|\

• Like 4

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

I have every book by Nathan, Master Wang and Damo and I recommend them all as solid sources.  They were all full of more resource material than I will likely cover in the remainder of my incarnation here.

I've studied in person with Wang Liping and Zhou Ting-Jue (no books, but both 18th generation lineage holders) and have corresponded with Damo through email about several topics and despite not being a formal student, he responded and was open and quite helpful.

While books are valuable in providing theory and a framework for the mind, the work is the work and as the work plays out through the body and awareness so many avenues of hiccups and side paths can abound.  I would highly recommend finding a teacher who will be able to assess your practical application of the process as it unfolds.  This does not necessarily have to be meeting them every week, but I would recommend the ability to contact them regularly (monthly-ish). 

Trying to ferret out this elaborate process in one's own body and awareness from books alone is frought with potential problems in my opinion and experience, but your mileage of course, may vary.

That said, Nathan and Damo both have very accessible and in depth online courses available that are affordable and quite practical.  We are living in something of a golden age of access to what was throughout history, closed and hidden.  I'm considering restarting formal training with Nathan myself soon as travel to continue with Master Wang is not an option for me recently (family needs).

Wang holds several ten day seminars a year in person, but they usually require international travel and are a larger investment.  Not available to all certainly, but if  you could, I can't recommend this method highly enough.  It was life altering on a foundational level for me.

Wishing you great fortune and good insight on your journey friend.

/|\

OP

The advice above is about as good as you will get.

Everything you will need to keep you busy for a long time is outlined in that post

There is nothing "secret" regards getting started in this work anymore. I will repeat it. 

There is nothing secretive about getting the foundations down anymore.

The doors are open on this stuff now. But theres a lot of work beyond it

Anyone who says otherwise is honestly unclear about how this stuff works, and usually has a hidden agenda

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this