Trunk

a Crystal Ball and a Qi Sphere walk into a bar...

Note: The following few posts were split from the KYMQ thread, because it became clear that the crystals aspect could lead to broader rich discussion beyond the context of KYMQ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

uh... hey, ummm ...

Has anyone tinkered with doing the most basic KYMQ moves with a gem-mineral-sphere (ebay link) at the center?

(yeah, basically: a crystal ball)

There are lots of different gem-minerals ...

41ZETWDAsPL.jpg

I've never grooved into gems etc, before.  Yeah, "pretty bracelet", or "yeah, I feel a *little*" - though never saw any skillful strong application (also, I've hardly looked around) always seemed kinda cloudy-wowdy to me  :rolleyes:

... but an old friend of mine is into collecting stones (via ebay) and I recently saw one of the spheres and thought heeeeyyyyy, waaaiiit-ahminit ... iinnnnterrrresstiiinnnggg  :huh:  

... and did the basic KYMQ hands' sphere ( around ) - not touching - it

jdphandssphereheart.jpg

(if you do this, I suggest that you do at the level of lower center/s, solar plexus on down.  Perhaps in a standing posture and - by bending the knees - you might fluently address a significant section of the center line from solar plexus down.  It's too strong to do with upper centers, ime & imho.)

p.s.

And, just to be clear, I mean that the sphere would be stable, on a table or stand of some sort, and you'd work the hands around the sphere at varying distances.

I'm not referring to practices that roll the balls around in one's hands (or along one's arms, etc) in various forms of more physical exercise.  Huge other topic, I suspect.

Basically, KYMQ around a stable mineral sphere.

... and for the same purposes as KYMQ

(not for the various other that we see in film).

@Taomeow, @zerostao, @spiraltao

• Like 6

Crystals and minerals have sung to my awareness as long as I can recall.  They've been quite helpful in my process of exploring this.  Trees and bushes as well, were instrumental in revealing this give and take...

Lately i find, the objects engaged with no longer need to be spherical, nor do they need to be between my hands necessarily, or even in my line of sight.

The hands may be at my side, or engaged in any given task.

The intention engages the process and the sphere that is engaged, encompasses my entire field of awareness, wherever that extends outward or inward.

Edited by silent thunder
added the bit about trees
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Crystals and minerals have sung to my awareness as long as I can recall.  

Lately i find, the objects engaged with no longer need to be spherical, nor do they need to be between my hands necessarily, or even in my line of sight.

Interesting how people resonate~gravitate into various aspects of the path.  B)

Pretty clear that you’re enjoying a latter stage development …

Curious what specific/general/tips you might have re: effective crystal practices for beginners?

Anything that you feel inclined to share.

• Like 2

.. to recap ..

For those that're fairly new to TheDaoBums ...

The qi sphere tips that Sifu Matsuo gives in his Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong (KYMQ) video (ordering info in the youtube description) make the practice startlingly effective.  Basically, most of the people that I've seen (or heard of) that try it for the first time: they feel it *immediately*.  Like, not after a month, not after 20 minutes of a really good session: *as*soon*as* they try the practice, for the first time, with no prior qigong experience.

And alignment with deeper principles is built into even the most basic parts of the practice.  It does the right things.

So, if you're curious about that, there's the links.

.. and to kick-off ..

I mentioned in a previous post that that a friend collects gems & minerals (via ebay) and had a mineral sphere and I thought "hmmmm, KYMQ around it" and results:
Kicked up the energetic intensity enough that it was a jolt, within seconds.
Subsequent practice sessions confirm.

No extra time nor effort.
Not years of focusing to the-next-level-of-purity...
This is an easy up-my-game,
and feels like it's gonna be a fun ride.  :D

• Thanks 1

Couple+ months down the road …

I’ve found the kymq(cb) “kwan yin magnetic qigong around a crystal ball” to be impressively effective, beneficial repercussions for various layers.

Materials: I’ve found quartz & obsidian effective.  At least 12cm diameter.

Consider the pressure under which these crystals are formed: enough pressure so that rock *flowed*.  Either transformed into a crystal, or melted.  Tremendous pressure (way way beyond the context in which humans grow), resulting in density and flow.  Some degree of that quality comes through in the internal results of kymq(cb): density flows.  (There's a clarifying, purifying aspect, too.)

One issue of concern has been harmonizing the intensity of results.  (The results have been beneficial, but there is this repeated “holy mackeral!, that’s strong” reaction).  After some experimentation, embarrassingly convenient solution: regular kymq, just the hands.  (As well as modest pacing, etc, etc)

This led me to consider making another promo video for kymq focusing exclusively on “getting started”.  Re-watching Sifu Matsuo’s video, decided clearly: nope.  Once he starts giving tips on method, it’s just solid good instruction for long stretches … “clipping out the good bits, just about getting started” would end up with a very long youtube video, and then what’s the point?  (The for-pay video is worth buying, lol).  Anyway, I’m refreshed by rewatching the instruction.

I get the barrier of entry re: trying kymq(cb): not everyone has a crystal ball laying around.  However, given the extremely short practice sessions + cascading benefits, I’ve bet a shiny nickel that this (eventually) becomes a fad.

cheers,

Trunk

p.s.

The saying, "with the right lever, I could move anything".

I'd suggest that, for some people, kymq(cb) may be 'the right lever' ...

that dramatic improvement of ease in moving heavy.

types-of-lever.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 11:16 AM, Trunk said:

One issue of concern has been harmonizing the intensity of results.   … After some experimentation, embarrassingly convenient solution: regular kymq, just the hands.  …

p.s.

The saying, "with the right lever, I could move anything".

I'd suggest that, for some people, kymq(cb) may be 'the right lever' ...

that dramatic improvement of ease

types-of-lever.jpg

I’ve found that both the finger-knitting mudras and kymq are good not only for harmonizing the intensity of kymq(cb) work but also, as a result of the cb work …

... that both of those methods (kymq + mudras) have gained access (meaning: access, refine, integrate) to *much* heavier layers (tissue, fluid, energy) of deep-core internal work.

B)

re-visiting various

jdpmudramindseal-sig.jpg

• Thanks 1

What about to have a tripod stand for the crystal, so you can do both, horizontal and vertical spirals?

After I get my crystal, I am going to get the tripod stand too!

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1