kakapo

Please Delete, Or Lock And Move To The Rabbit Hole

I don't think the mods would hand out suspensions merely on the basis of page-count but perhaps kakapo is prudent to avoid endless contentiousness.  In any case, our cautious bird has indicated his terms.  Why not respect them?  These kind of internet arguments almost never result in satisfying surrender anyway. -_-

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I don't think the mods would hand out suspensions merely on the basis of page-count but perhaps kakapo is prudent to avoid endless contentiousness.  In any case, our cautious bird has indicated his terms.  Why not respect them?  These kind of internet arguments almost never result in satisfying surrender anyway. -_-

You are wise brother Luke.

• Thanks 1

On 21/09/2023 at 5:11 PM, kakapo said:

I belong to a group of about 30 people, most of them lurk here. 

Several members of our group have been here on the forum since the time of Ron Jeremy circa 2004.

On 21/09/2023 at 5:14 PM, kakapo said:

Please go to to the "Forum and Tech Support" section, and read the 4th pinned post (from top to bottom).

Per the rule established there I am not allowed to answer your question.

I think this thread does not comply with the spirit of the ruling. Personally I’d like it closed. I have reported it. 

5 minutes ago, Cobie said:

I think this thread does not comply with the spirit of the ruling. Personally I’d like it closed. I have reported it. 

I was asked a question I could not answer per the forum rules, and I pointed to the rule.

Nothing more and nothing less.

The only reason I even pointed to the rule specifically is because knowing Daniel's behavior we would have had 30 replies with him arguing about it.

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kakapo said:

You get the mods to come here and tell me we can continue exactly as we have been for these previous 9 pages, for the next 10,000 pages,and 100,000 replies (without fear of suspension or ban, or thread locking under any circumstance), and I will resume public conversation with you.

That's different.  That's not a page-count issue.  That's about repetitive unsolicited SPAM.

Since I am not repeating over and over, I am not concerned about moderation.  I agree my earlier posts in this thread were borderline insulting.  Not intentionally, and I felt I was meeting you in your hostility to me, but, I have made a conscious effort to soften that and not to react to perceived insults from you in that way.

It's possible for several reasons that I could get moderated or suspended.  I can see that happening for various reasons, but I trust the folks here to do that right thing.  If I get suspended it will be for good reason, and I'll learn from that.

Until then your threats about it seem like nothing more than a distraction because you have nothing more to add.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's different.  That's not a page-count issue.  That's about repetitive unsolicited SPAM.

Since I am not repeating over and over, I am not concerned about moderation.  I agree my earlier posts in this thread were borderline insulting.  Not intentionally, and I felt I was meeting you in your hostility to me, but, I have made a conscious effort to soften that and not to react to perceived insults from you in that way.

It's possible for several reasons that I could get moderated or suspended.  I can see that happening for various reasons, but I trust the folks here to do that right thing.  If I get suspended it will be for good reason, and I'll learn from that.

Until then your threats about it seem like nothing more than a distraction because you have nothing more to add.

Hi Daniel, I went ahead and I sent you my email address.   Seeing as the mods may be getting involved I think the most likely outcome is you get a pat on the back and I get suspended or banned for telling you to please talk with me in private to prevent problems multiple times.

If I am unable to respond to you here on the forum, feel free to email me, or respond on the private forum I created earlier.

Peace and chicken grease.

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I've done my best to finish our discussion in private, if you have more questions or concerns I will be happy to continue it there with you for as long as I can, or via email if I can't.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kakapo said:

Last friend of mine in my group who did that got banned,  another group member mentioned they banned the wrong person and they were then banned too. So no I don't think I will do that.

Well, I think the option for you to get clarity is to open a thread in Tech Support.  You did this before.  You somewhat openly discussed the prohibited content.  You somewhat challenged the mod's decisions.  Not strongly, politely.  It was much-much more overt than anything that's happening here.  Like I've said.  You're not doing it at all.  And, dude, you're still here.

So, let's just not worry about the mods.  They're going to be aware of this thread.  It's getting beaucoup activity.

You don't want to discuss it further in the open, OK.

But if during our private convos I make a good strong point, I reserve the right to post it here.  And you can do the same.  It's actually a good system.  We can both exercise some freedom behind the scenes.  And then if either of us comes up with new, on topic, material... we post it in public.

It's no different than if you or I come across a new research study about the  topic independently and post it here in a few days, a few weeks, a few months... etc.

But this hyper-sensitivity about getting banned is not needed at all.  

Edited by Daniel

Just now, Daniel said:

Well, I think the option for you to get clarity is to open a thread in Tech Support.  You did this before.  You somewhat openly discussed the prohibited content.  You somewhat challenged the mod's decisions.  Not strongly, politely.  And, dude, you're still here.

So, let's just not worry about the mods.  They're going to be aware of this thread.  It's getting beaucoup activity.

You don't want to discuss it further in the open, OK.

But if during our private convos I make a good strong point, I reserve the right to post it here.  And you can do the same.  It's actually a good system.  We can both exercise some freedom behind the scenes.  And then if either of us comes up with new, on topic, material... we post it in public.

It's no different than if you or I come across a new research study about topic independently and post it here in a few days, a few weeks, a few months... etc.

But this hyper-sensitivity about getting banned is not needed at all.  

You are free to do as you wish, I can't keep posting here and have to self moderate.

I feel like already this has reached the level I will probably be suspended already, even though I have done my best to remain respectful to you and to encourage you to take this private.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kakapo said:

You are free to do as you wish, I can't keep posting here and have to self moderate.

You can keep posting here as long as you follow the rules. 

No one wants to read about moderation in the Buddhist forum.  The right thing to do, is drop it.

It never should have been introduced into this discussion in the first place.  Think about it.  The only reason the banned subject matter entered the discussion is because you kept pushing the moderation-diversion.  Then I asked how you could possibly know so much about the moderation after being here for 9 months only.  That's when you disclosed your participation in a group that had been promoting banned content.

Had you not been playing this, "shut-up or you'll get suspended" card repeatedly, none of this would be an issue.

I feel like already this has reached the level I will probably be suspended already, even though I have done my best to remain respectful to you and to encourage you to take this private.

Only if you break the rules, and if you cannot drop this issue and focus on the topic:  observed, observation, observer.

Screenshot_20230909_201739.thumb.jpg.d731ca413d5a8dbd37ac0696b41b3607.jpg

Edited by Daniel

7 minutes ago, kakapo said:

It's annoying, but I don't think going on and on about getting suspended should be a valid cause for suspension, which is all you're really doing here. Mods please don't bite.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

You can keep posting here as long as you follow the rules. 

No one wants to read about moderation in the Buddhist forum.  The right thing to do, is drop it.

It never should have been introduced into this discussion in the first place.  Think about it.  The only reason the banned subject matter entered the discussion is because you kept pushing the moderation-diversion.  Then I asked how you could possibly know so much about the moderation after being here for 9 months only.  That's when you disclosed your participation in a group that had been promoting banned content.

Had you not been playing this, "shut-up or you'll get suspended" card repeatedly, none of this would be an issue.

Only if you break the rules, and if you cannot drop this issue and focus on the topic:  observed ( object ), observation, observer.

Screenshot_20230909_210354.thumb.jpg.27f0b42536246780c6cd3d7f8d50876c.jpg

Daniel, again you are making this out to be my choice.

If I had my choice I would talk to you openly here till you were satisfied.

In my group's private forum, we mirror a lot of past posts in the event they are deleted, for archival purposes.

It's clear to see that historically at least they do not tolerate the type of discussion you are wanting to have.

I want to respond to you, I don't feel that I have to any possible choice to do so but in private here, via email , or on an external forum.

I've given you all the options I know of.

2 minutes ago, whocoulditbe? said:

It's annoying, but I don't think going on and on about getting suspended should be a valid cause for suspension, which is all you're really doing here. Mods please don't bite.

bet

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

“wubba lubba dub dub”

In the event I am banned please email me to continue our conversation.

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1

Locked and moved to the Rabbit Hole, per original poster’s request.

- Trunk, TDB’s admin

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1