Eduardo

Qigong with password

I know of two styles of qigong that have a password or motto, without which you don't get the full benefit of the exercise or even more invoke or attract the energy of the master and his lineage, both systems are Pan Gu Shengong and the famous Spring Forest Qigong.

I would like to know what has been the experience of the Daobums who have practiced those styles together with their password.

I've been told the Emei Qigong 'mantra' allows practitioners to tap into the lineage's energy

• Thanks 1

The one I practice is called Taoist Light Qigong and also has a password. I have been curious what the difference is between qigongs with and without a password. Would love if anyone had any insight. This is the only qigong style I have learned so don’t know any other way.

• Thanks 1

I think this was a peculiarism of the 90s qigong boom. Most of the systems that emerged around then had something similar, like pangu and (to a lesser extent) zhineng.

Spring Forest and Robert Peng's master key are sort of children of 90s qigong, as they were influenced by masters teaching at that time.

Falun Gong has 'passwords' too, except it was recited by the teacher in a recording that you'd play while doing the exercises. The idea was that it would prime the body in a specific way for the exercises to work. I imagine it's also a type of transmission.

I'm guessing that it came from Yan Xin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Re: Pangu: the Pangu password is from a set of books the master wrote before he decided to create the qigong forms called The Path of Life. Reading the book is supposed to be healing, and the password is the distillation of what the Creator / God narrates to the master in terms of how humans may cultivate themselves to transition to an "eternal state". You can read the password (or maxim) here.

My personal interpretation of the password in Pangu, and in SFQ, is: the subconscious mind controls most the bodily functions and qi flow. Saying passwords consciously is "teaching" the subconscious to trigger certain qi flows.  I also think that whatever intent you set prior to qigong, can get magnified by the practice...so it acts as a guardrail, through the conscious action to re-affirm something positive. I also think visualization in qigong functions in the same way. 

Just my $.02...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it has nothing to do with subconsience of the person. The passwords are connected to what we might call a eggriore that is filled with energy and a certain vibrational level. This will often vastly speed up the progress of the practicioner. 

• Like 1

Hi @ronaldk, replying to your comment about password-style qigong being connected with an egregore. Could that egregore be something that is for the benefit of the master alone, or perhaps their lineage or the egregore itself? Or is this something that is for the benefit of the individual alone? I've wondered whether this style of qigong practice is not only feeding me but also something else.

Would love to understand more about this and how it works, thank you.