Iskote

What exactly is neidan/internal alchemy?

6 minutes ago, damdao said:

无心 is a technical expression, in daoism as well as in chan, son and zen. So you should not take it literally but in the theoretical context of those traditions.

Please don't open that can of worms.

PLEASE

11 hours ago, MetaDao said:

A master. So yes, I am regurgitating

Excellent thanks. And what stage has your master achieved?

5 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

Excellent thanks. And what stage has your master achieved?

Masters exist at the Di Xian level. Anyone below this level is a beginner and is not a master. Shouldn’t be authenticated to teach any methods 

• Haha 1

There was no joke. Do you think masters do not exist? 

Anyone below the Di Xian level teaching 'Neidan' or 'Alchemy' is a fraud.

Damo Mitchell, Nathan Brine, Jerry Alan Johnson. All are frauds with no true high-level attainments.

Sure, they have skill in Meditation, Magick, Qigong, Neigong, and Martial Arts.

However, they are far from masters. If they claim to teach Neidan in its entirety up to the elixir, they are lying. It is evident for those who can see, that they still have a ways to go. It would be more accurate if they called themselves beginners.

It is not my job to convince you of anything. The truth is evident if you have the heart to listen.

Each of these public ‘masters’ has built a business model centered around online learning and retreats with a massive amount of public students, raking them in dough.

However you want to rationalize it, these teachers are simply fraudsters putting on a masquerade of helping people, when in actuality, they are simply deluding themselves. The reason they have done this is to fuel their own practice. How do they gain money to travel and do all the things necessary for their practice in a retreat setting? Through their online business model. No one can teach a thousand students. Theirs is a natural weeding down of students and passing off of students to lesser teachers, which is funny because the head of the school hasn’t even formed the elixir. The head of the school will have a close, tight-knit group of actual students they teach the closed-door teachings too, and then, you finally realize the master of the school hasn’t reached the level of the elixir and cannot lead you to the same place.

True, authentic Daoist lineages only allow teachers to pass on methods once they have attained the elixir. This is the way it has been done traditionally and how it should continue to be done. Anything else is deluded and nonsensical. Sure, do your qigong and Neigong retreats and earn your money off your students but do not market yourself as a Neidan master until you’ve achieved the elixir. 

I am not a master. I am a beginner. But, I recognize the flaws of these public figures for what they are. It is not the way spiritual practices should be passed along. If these public figures were truly so magnanimous and generous, they would make all their open-door teachings free to the general public. You know why they don’t? They are selfish and greedy. Jesus would condemn them the same why I am. It’s a sham. 

Edited by MetaDao
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

Damo Mitchell, Nathan Brine, Jerry Alan Johnson. All are frauds with no true high-level attainments.

Well said fren, well said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MetaDao said:

There was no joke. Do you think masters do not exist? 

Im sure they do, 

Seeing as you keep saying it, do you care to name yours?

How do you know their level

Follow up

If they arent, how do you know the person who authorised them to teach is not of that level?

Have you met each one and personally verified their attainments?

Moreover have you, as a self proclaimed beginner the capacity to do so (rhetorical question here)

Sure, they have skill in Meditation, Magick, Qigong, Neigong, and Martial Arts.

And you know this how?

However, they are far from masters.

Did any of them call themselves masters? Or are you putting words in their mouths?

If they claim to teach Neidan in its entirety up to the elixir, they are lying.

Did they make this claim? Or are you creating a strawman?

It is evident for those who can see, that they still have a ways to go.

Can you see? If so, how?

It would be more accurate if they called themselves beginners.

Why?

It is not my job to convince you of anything.

Don't worry, so far you aren't. Though you could offer some substantiation in your answers, so I hold an open mind

The truth is evident if you have the heart to listen.

Is it?  how so

Each of these public ‘masters’ has built a business model centered around online learning and retreats with a massive amount of public students, raking them in dough.

And that is a problem why exactly?

However you want to rationalize it, these teachers are simply fraudsters putting on a masquerade of helping people, when in actuality, they are simply deluding themselves.

Damo personally helped me, on more than one occasion.

Pretty sure im not deluded in that regard

The reason they have done this is to fuel their own practice.

Which is a problem why?

They get to continue on their journey by helping others to start theirs

Seems pretty fair to me. You must have other ideas

How do they gain money to travel and do all the things necessary for their practice in a retreat setting? Through their online business model.

Which is a problem why again?

No one can teach a thousand students.

Funny, I spent a number of years in academia. In my first semester of teaching I was responsible for over 1000 students

Oh wait, you must mean nobody can teach internal arts to a thousand students

Umm why? 

Theirs is a natural weeding down of students and passing off of students to lesser teachers,

Can you show me where he's personally passed people off, or told them they must go to another teacher

Not hearsay or conjecture mind you, actual proof?

which is funny because the head of the school hasn’t even formed the elixir.

And you know this how? Keeping in mind you call yourself a beginner

The head of the school will have a close, tight-knit group of actual students they teach the closed-door teachings too,

As pretty much all schools do (anyone saying otherwise is telling a lie)

and then, you finally realize the master of the school hasn’t reached the level of the elixir and cannot lead you to the same place.

Again, I await your evidence that this is the case?

True, authentic Daoist lineages only allow teachers to pass on methods once they have attained the elixir.

Because a beginner is qualified to make this statement? 

This is the way it has been done traditionally and how it should continue to be done.

And you are an authority on how things should progress why exactly?

Anything else is deluded and nonsensical.

Why?

Sure, do your qigong and Neigong retreats and earn your money off your students but do not market yourself as a Neidan master until you’ve achieved the elixir. 

Can you please show me where they have marketed themselves as neidan masters?

I am not a master. I am a beginner.

I can see that

But, I recognize the flaws of these public figures for what they are.

Do you?

Follow up question. Do you recognize the flaws in the abundance of claims you made?

It is not the way spiritual practices should be passed along.

Most foundational work isn't spiritual

You would think a person making the claims you  have made here would know this

If these public figures were truly so magnanimous and generous, they would make all their open-door teachings free to the general public.

Why? 

I have one teacher who teaches me for free.

I have another who I pay.

Doesn't bother me, and I don't think think I'm entitled to free training from anyone.

You know why they don’t?

Do you?

They are selfish and greedy.

Definitely not the Damo I've interacted with.

But you must have had closer interactions with him than me to make such claims

So by all means, feel free to tell me, how is that the case?

Jesus would condemn them the same why I am.

Did you know Jesus too?

It’s a sham. 

Why?

I apologise for the amount of questions you now have to respond to.

However you have made a lot of claims, none of which you've really given a strong basis for

Claims require good evidence, more than just blanket statements for validity

You are welcome to an opinion (a beginners opinion by your own admission, making much of those statements highly questionable)

But claims do require a bit more that x=fraud

Also I asked you a question about your teacher in an opposite thread. You failed to respond

Are you going to name them, or can I just assume you are one of AA Khokhlov's (you give me that vibe)

4 hours ago, MetaDao said:

I think this is not entirely true. Sometimes teachers may act independently, taking students of their own but there are schools with wide networks and, in those cases, there are advanced students teaching. Thus, the student has a teacher and after sometime does the baishi ceremony with his teacher's teacher and so on.

8 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Im sure they do, 

Seeing as you keep saying it, do you care to name yours?

How do you know their level

Follow up

If they arent, how do you know the person who authorised them to teach is not of that level?

Have you met each one and personally verified their attainments?

Moreover have you, as a self proclaimed beginner the capacity to do so (rhetorical question here)

And you know this how?

Did any of them call themselves masters? Or are you putting words in their mouths?

Did they make this claim? Or are you creating a strawman?

Can you see? If so, how?

Why?

Don't worry, so far you aren't. Though you could offer some substantiation in your answers, so I hold an open mind

Is it?  how so

And that is a problem why exactly?

Damo personally helped me, on more than one occasion.

Pretty sure im not deluded in that regard

Which is a problem why?

They get to continue on their journey by helping others to start theirs

Seems pretty fair to me. You must have other ideas

Which is a problem why again?

Funny, I spent a number of years in academia. In my first semester of teaching I was responsible for over 1000 students

Oh wait, you must mean nobody can teach internal arts to a thousand students

Umm why? 

Can you show me where he's personally passed people off, or told them they must go to another teacher

Not hearsay or conjecture mind you, actual proof?

And you know this how? Keeping in mind you call yourself a beginner

As pretty much all schools do (anyone saying otherwise is telling a lie)

Again, I await your evidence that this is the case?

Because a beginner is qualified to make this statement? 

And you are an authority on how things should progress why exactly?

Why?

Can you please show me where they have marketed themselves as neidan masters?

I can see that

Do you?

Follow up question. Do you recognize the flaws in the abundance of claims you made?

Most foundational work isn't spiritual

You would think a person making the claims you  have made here would know this

Why? 

I have one teacher who teaches me for free.

I have another who I pay.

Doesn't bother me, and I don't think think I'm entitled to free training from anyone.

Do you?

Definitely not the Damo I've interacted with.

But you must have had closer interactions with him than me to make such claims

So by all means, feel free to tell me, how is that the case?

Did you know Jesus too?

Why?

I apologise for the amount of questions you now have to respond to.

However you have made a lot of claims, none of which you've really given a strong basis for

Claims require good evidence, more than just blanket statements for validity

You are welcome to an opinion (a beginners opinion by your own admission, making much of those statements highly questionable)

But claims do require a bit more that x=fraud

Also I asked you a question about your teacher in an opposite thread. You failed to respond

Are you going to name them, or can I just assume you are one of AA Khokhlov's (you give me that vibe)

I don’t need to name my teacher. You have your opinion and I have mine :)

I stick by what I have said and if you can’t see the problem with some of the things I’ve stated, then I have no wish to convince you.

There is no problem with paying teachers for time spent educating. It is the way in which it has turned into an online business that is a perversion of the arts.

Damo has not achieved the elixir. The fact that you have closely interacted with him and don’t know this is troubling. 

The act of charging money for his online school is greedy and selfish when it’s fronted as a gateway to Neidan. He may not personally be greedy and selfish in day to day living, but would you not admit that all the recordings contained in the academy could easily be given away for free? 

I think if Jesus walked around asking people for a monthly fee to get to Heaven, he may not hav attracted such a large following hahaha.

I don’t want to answer all your questions because I can tell you won’t be swayed as you have much allegiance to Damo. It is not Damo himself that is the problem. It is the modern cultivation system that has been evolving over the last few years. People seek to become teachers out of both a desire to help others as well as to make a living out of what they love doing. But, I simply argue that your primary source of income should not be teaching. This means you make too much money profiting from people looking for spiritual growth.

Edited by MetaDao

16 minutes ago, damdao said:

I think this is not entirely true. Sometimes teachers may act independently, taking students of their own but there are schools with wide networks and, in those cases, there are advanced students teaching. Thus, the student has a teacher and after sometime does the baishi ceremony with his teacher's teacher and so on.

Yes, I’m sure their teachers allow them to teach and they have gone through the correct ceremonies, but they market their schools as Neidan schools, when in fact, none of the people stated have the elixir. 

Hence, they are frauds of Neidan. Neidan methods should only be taught by those with the elixir. Can you lead someone to the elixir - the one and only goal of Neidan without ever reaching it yourself? No. So why are they claiming to teach Neidan. Now, if they are transparent and tell their students freely what stage they have reached and where their teachings actually lead, then they are not frauds.

Frauds is a strong word, I admit. But, my main problem is not with any one teacher. It is with the system 

Edited by MetaDao

12 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

I don't know, but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, MetaDao said:

I don’t need to name my teacher. You have your opinion and I have mine :)

Ah the typical evasion approach...I'll bash these teachers, but dont dare ask me who mine is

Also I don't think you need to 

I think its kind of clear enough to anyone with a bit of discernment its him

I stick by what I have said and if you can’t see the problem with some of the things I’ve stated, then I have no wish to convince you.

I am not concerned whether you stick by it or not

I am concerned with whether you can substantiate it

So far...well no

But that's not surprising really. 

I am open to reading your replies, and being wrong

However,  I'm not going to hold my breath, because I already know that you cant answer those questions honestly without revealing all the holes in your statements :) 

There is no problem with paying teachers for time spent educating.

A minute ago you should it should all be free? You're already contradicting yourself

It is the way in which it has turned into an online business that is a perversion of the arts

There's nothing wrong with offering  some foundational training online

Beyond a certain point in person training is necessary, but in the modern world, todays world, people should have access to an entry point, whether or not they can traverse Asia.

I don't see where the problem is, especially if their lineage permits it

Or are you now permitted to state what other lineages do is right and wrong (again without naming your own) 

8 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Ah the typical evasion approach...I'll bash these teachers, but dont dare ask me who mine is

Also I don't think you need to 

I think its kind of clear enough to anyone with a bit of discernment its him

I am not concerned whether you stick by it or not

I am concerned with whether you can substantiate it

So far...well no

But that's not surprising really. 

I am open to reading your replies, and being wrong

However,  I'm not going to hold my breath, because I already know that you cant answer those questions honestly without revealing all the holes in your statements :) 

A minute ago you should it should all be free? You're already contradicting yourself

There's nothing wrong with offering  some foundational training online

Beyond a certain point in person training is necessary, but in the modern world, todays world, people should have access to an entry point, whether or not they can traverse Asia.

I don't see where the problem is, especially if their lineage permits it

Or are you now permitted to state what other lineages do is right and wrong (again without naming your own) 

I am allowed to speak freely :) and withhold the information that I would like.

Damo does not name his teachers now does he? 🤨

I pay my teacher. But, I pay him for face to face training. Not pre-recorded videos. 

Massive online schools are a thing of the modern era. They have never been done before. It is a perversion of the arts. If you don’t recognize that, I don’t know what to tell you. A teacher can not personally instruct and help 1000 people or more. That’s like trying to raise 1000 kids. You cannot give them proper care

Edited by MetaDao
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

You made my point for me :)

Tell me. Why are the videos not freely distributed then? So people in third-world countries and impoverished areas can benefit.

How long will the academies stay open and paid? How much money do they need? How many large buildings do they need to build and setup? It is greed. Plain and simple.

I am here to outline the problems no one else has the balls to recognize and fix them. 

If I offend a few people on the way, so be it. 

I have been within Damo’s online academy and seen most the videos. He can release all of them for free without consequences, causing more benefit to the world as a result. 

Ask yourself this Shadow Self(good name by the way for what I am about to reveal), why does he withhold them and gate the academy with a paid fee?

Do you have a good reason and answer for that question?

I think it is greed and selfishness.

My final question: do you honestly believe you can achieve the elixir by becoming a student of Damo?

If the answer is yes, you have been misled.

Edited by MetaDao

I am allowed to speak freely :) and withhold the information that I would like.

Sure you are, but your other posts gave away who your teacher is, you just don't realise how yet

AA has a nice little online thing going too

Damo does not name his teachers now does he? 🤨

He's named some of them, others I'm sure only the seniors know

But there is a reason for this, they are not public

I pay my teacher. But, I pay him for face to face training. Not pre-recorded videos. 

I don't think you understand the purpose of videos.

Most people who take this stuff seriously, will seek out face to face teaching when the time is right

There are some who cannot for whatever reason. Should they have no resources?

That is  also why there are other things like online classes, and focused events to bridge the gap.

I've done the online events

Next to meeting him in person that's as good as you are going to get, and while the world was shut down, it was the best you could get.

Several people who I know did not see their teacher for years over this, and were left to ponder if they were progressing.

While this was happening I was having my posture corrected, stances refined and questions answered.

You can posit conjecture if you wish, I am telling you what happened, exactly as it happened

Massive online schools are a thing of the modern era.

Ok, but we live in the modern era, whats the issue?

They have never been done before. It is a perversion of the arts.

Why exactly?

If you don’t recognize that, I don’t know what to tell you.

I see what you are trying to say, you are just incorrect because you are assuming that everyone needs a close watch from the beginning.

They do not

At a certain point, I agree with you, but right from the beginning?

No I'm sorry I have to disagree, and honestly,  I think you know that simply isn't true

A teacher can not personally instruct and help 1000 people or more.

Why don't you ask a few of his students how much effort he puts into helping them? 

That’s like trying to raise 1000 kids. You cannot give them proper care

No it isn't like that at all

18 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

You made my point for me :)

Except I didnt, I am telling you that beyond a certain point you'll need a close watch

You said something entirely different, and threw out a whole heap of unfounded accusations

They are not the same thing, not even close

18 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

Tell me. Why are the videos not freely distributed then? So people in third-world countries and impoverished areas can benefit

You should tell me why they should be?

I am pretty sure Damo routinely puts out free information on YouTube for people.

In fact he released a course on there that students of his school and academy earlier paid to take, alongside other free practices

Would you care to show me your teachers free contributions? or explain their lack thereof?

• Like 1

Pretty big leap to call someone a fraud @MetaDao

You certainly changed your tune from what you said on the thread about Damo’s interview. Or was the respectful attitude just a veneer?

Most of what you say contradicts basic facts.

For example Damo gives away a ton of material for free on YouTube… more than any other teacher I’ve seen. And it’s stuff that’s of use to most people, including casual practitioners.

I also know of members on this forum that come from third world countries that have studied with him for free or at a much discounted rate.

I’ve never seen either him or Nathan be referred to as ‘master’. I’ve never seen either of them saying that they’ll teach you how to get the elixir.

Very disheartening to see someone that claims to be a cultivator to bash teachers that are clearly skilled in their respective arts.

I wonder what your own teacher might think of your conduct?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shadow_self said:

Except I didnt, I am telling you that beyond a certain point you'll need a close watch

You said something entirely different, and threw out a whole heap of unfounded accusations

They are not the same thing, not even close

You should tell me why they should be?

I am pretty sure Damo routinely puts out free information on YouTube for people.

In fact he released a course on there that students of his school and academy earlier paid to take, alongside other free practices

Would you care to show me your teachers free contributions? or explain their lack thereof?

Closed door teachings can’t be revealed publicly. We can’t hand everyone the key to immortality now can we?

Damo’s courses and videos are all open-door teachings. Hence, they can be shared openly. It’s a teacher’s decision on whether they would like to charge or not. It would be a more selfless action to remove the payment for the academy and make it a donation only system. If people would like to pay, they can donate and these donations will go to charity.

You are truly blind if you do not recognize that as the superior thing to do

7 minutes ago, freeform said:

Pretty big leap to call someone a fraud @MetaDao

You certainly changed your tune from what you said on the thread about Damo’s interview. Or was the respectful attitude just a veneer?

Most of what you say contradicts basic facts.

For example Damo gives away a ton of material for free on YouTube… more than any other teacher I’ve seen. And it’s stuff that’s of use to most people, including casual practitioners.

I also know of members on this forum that come from third world countries that have studied with him for free or at a much discounted rate.

I’ve never seen either him or Nathan be referred to as ‘master’. I’ve never seen either of them saying that they’ll teach you how to get the elixir.

Very disheartening to see someone that claims to be a cultivator to bash teachers that are clearly skilled in their respective arts.

I wonder what your own teacher might think of your conduct?

I am saying that his teachings do not lead to the elixir, yet his books and videos on the subject mislead people into believing they do. If he were to openly say he hadn’t attained the elixir and that his school did not lead to that destination, I would not label him as such.

He helps a great deal of people but he could help more.

It was never my intention to bash other teachers. However, I stick with my claim. Damo and Brine have not achieved the elixir and they mislead people into believing that their lineage leads to that destination when they haven’t achieved it themselves. In addition, they are gating access to teachings unnecessarily for monetary gain.

This is the problem I outline. It is a perversion of the arts. If you can explain to me how that view is wrong, I will consider changing my tune.

Edited by MetaDao

53 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

How long will the academies stay open and paid? How much money do they need?

Clearly you dont understand how schools work

And if you think he charges a lot of money, I was quoted around 40k to be introduced to a teacher...no teachings, no guarantees.

An Introduction

@freeform would tell you this kind of thing is rife throughout Asia

How many large buildings do they need to build and setup?

What does buildings have to do with it?

It is greed. Plain and simple.

If you think 10 euros a week for access to learning materials and support is gredy, you need a reality check

Somehow you seem to think that's the case, yet provide nothing to substantiate it?

I am here to outline the problems no one else has the balls to recognize and fix them. 

The only problem I' m seeing is that you are trying to create strawman's really?

If I offend a few people on the way, so be it. 

Im not offended :)

You are not the first of AA's to come here with this rhetoric

I have been within Damo’s online academy and seen most the videos.

You support the thing you abhor?

He can release all of them for free without consequences, causing more benefit to the world as a result. 

Can he? and why should he?

Ask yourself this Shadow Self(good name by the way for what I am about to reveal), why does he withhold them and gate the academy with a paid fee?

Do you do your job for free??

Do you have a good reason and answer for that question?

I think its implicit, if not, look a little closer

I think it is greed and selfishness.

We've already established the disconnect between what you think and the reality of the claims you made thus far.

Your inability to answer any of my questions makes that fairly clear, but I respectfully await and welcome new information

My final question: do you honestly believe you can achieve the elixir by becoming a student of Damo?

I dont really care about the elixir right now to be honest

I care about building a good foundation

I will worry about the elixir, when its time to worry about the elixir

If the answer is yes, you have been misled.

Im still waiting for you to substantiate your claims for any of what you said, and will respectfully request you to do so again please :) 

Edited by Shadow_self

4 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Clearly you dont understand how schools work

And if you think he charges a lot of money, I was quoted around 40k to be introduced to a teacher...no teachings, no guarantees.

An Introduction

Exactly the point I am making. Clearly these teachers and schools don’t understand how their schools should work!

And you didn’t find anything wrong with that? I would never hand 40k to someone for an introduction. Did that teacher walk over and instantly hand that 40k to a charity? If not, he’s not deserving to be a teacher. That teacher thought 40k was better in his own pocket than yours. A test of some sort. A test that would work better if he burned the money in front of you

Edited by MetaDao

21 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

Exactly the point I am making. Clearly these teachers and schools don’t understand how their schools should work!

Teachers shouldn't have online schools then? 

https://daode.world/schedule#menu_onlineclasses

Isn't that your teacher? 

And isnt this his disciple?

https://yuxianpai.com/

And you didn’t find anything wrong with that?

I did...I am making the contrast between 10 euros a week vs 40K for a conversation

I would never hand 40k to someone for an introduction.

Nor would I

Did that teacher walk over and instantly hand that 40k to a charity? If not, he’s not deserving to be a teacher. That teacher thought 40k was better in his own pocket than yours. A test of some sort. A test that would work better if he burned the money in front of you

I didnt engage with them further. I have no interest in learning from someone willing to behave in that manner

But you are talking about people like Damo Mitchell and Nathan Brine like they are of that breed, and its both untrue and disrespectful

Sigh…

And there I was feeling pleased that there’s someone else into Neidan in the forum.

But now I’m left disappointed yet again :rolleyes:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, freeform said:

Sigh…

And there I was feeling pleased that there’s someone else into Neidan in the forum.

But now I’m left disappointed yet again :rolleyes:

I'm noticing a pattern in AA's students to be honest

If a student is a reflection of the teacher,

This is very telling